Why did Waggot leave City ? (3 Viewers)

skybluetony176

A couple of patterns have arisen from this. SW leaves, CA arrives and team form goes out the window with pretty immediate effect (Northampton in the cup IIRC was the first game with CA at the club). LD arrives and again with pretty immediate effect form turns around and we win two on the bounce and against opposition who according to the league table are better than us I might add. Coincidence?

Begs the question. Was LD's appointment made to reign CA away from the first team? He is a stats man after all and maybe the temptation to play FM was too great for him? Just a thought. Have a look on google though and find a video of CA talking about the best statistical time to make a substitution and then go back and see what time we made our first substitution against Northampton in the cup. Coincidence?

Maybe JS is paying more attention to the club than we realise? She was basically the one who appointed TM and gave him a level of control that no other manager has had since SISU arrived. Maybe she has more faith in TM than she does CA and that's why LD is now on the scene?

It's a theory anyway.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

She has certainly stated in the past that she has a much greater role at the club now. I think her aim will be to find people she trusts to run it properly before taking more of a backseat role.

I doubt she has ever been so closely involved in one of her investments.

AndreasB

It doesn't add up to me but it's frustrating with these devious owners because there is almost always a gagging involved in the severance agreement much like everything is undisclosed !

Keeping a settlement Private is not the same as Secret. Grow up.

SkyblueBazza

Keeping a settlement Private is not the same as Secret. Grow up.
So is semantics a hobby of yours?

The gag is easily put into place...give a bonus on top of the settlement agreed upon termination of the contract - & bingo!

Alternatively, in many professions or occupations - if you whistleblow or spill unwelcome beans...its easy to become unemployable.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Warwickhunt

Cos Charlton wanted a good director who was experienced in the 1st division

skybluedan

I saw a post on Facebook earlier that it was because SISU had decided to withdraw win bonus' for the players because of the mounting cost, the club 'apparently' had his post deleted once wherever he'd stuck it up first time ?! Might be horse shit but just wondering ?

Could of been mate but I suspect it was because he was a c**t

Terry Gibson's perm

Cos Charlton wanted a good director who was experienced in the 1st division

He managed to continue or start the problems at Charlton before we employed he has now set about ruining Gillingham as it is nearer to his home in the north east then Coventry so shit at geography as well as maths:facepalm:

oucho

Well he did well for us in getting us back to the Ricoh and bringing in Mowbray, despite a mixed time on the field, general management and player recruitment, you can't dismiss those two very positive achievements. I'd by him a pint, anyway.

shy_tall_knight

Well he did well for us in getting us back to the Ricoh and bringing in Mowbray, despite a mixed time on the field, general management and player recruitment, you can't dismiss those two very positive achievements. I'd by him a pint, anyway.

Player recruitment since relegation has been unstructured, short-term bordering on chaotic. Not sure when he first joined but won't get any credit from me. He may be just doing as SISU have allowed him to do but the numbers of players on short term deals, loans, loans that didn't want to play for us, has beens, never were and never will be type players and surprised that we never challenged for promotion in all 4 seasons. Plus I found his accent annoying.

georgehudson

if, as suspected the withdrawal of a win bonus has been effected, this flies directly in the face of any normal business practice, i.e. you need to incentivise your employees, the opposite (taking away incentives), will have disastrous effects, so, if this was the case, the person responsible needs you know what

torchomatic

is this true then?

if, as suspected the withdrawal of a win bonus has been effected, this flies directly in the face of any normal business practice, i.e. you need to incentivise your employees, the opposite (taking away incentives), will have disastrous effects, so, if this was the case, the person responsible needs you know what

Nick

Administrator

Suspected by who? A rumour on the internet?

Why did we win the next 2 games after the rumour came out?

oucho

As Torch and Nick say, as far as we know this rumour is completely baseless....it is conceivable that the player contracts contained a clause allowing the club to change the terms of the overall bonus structure mid-season, but if that was true I suspect we'd have heard a bigger fuss about this.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not saying it's true/not true, but there are such things as "Gagging Clauses" in contracts you know!

I am pretty sure if the players had their bonuses taken away mid season, we would hear about it somehow.

The same as we hear the players arent being paid.

Plus, why would we then get 2 wins on the bounce if that was the cause?

skybluetony176

I have no idea if it's true or not so I choose to not believe it because it's completely baseless. However with our owners history of bad decision making, filibuster, smoke and mirrors etc. there's a part of me that thinks it really wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true. Just one of the many rods our owners have made for their own back's.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

I am pretty sure if the players had their bonuses taken away mid season, we would hear about it somehow.

The same as we hear the players arent being paid.

Plus, why would we then get 2 wins on the bounce if that was the cause?

Contracts are predetermined with all types of clauses in them. For all we know the "Bonus clause" might stipulate, for instance, "Win bonuses will only be paid whilst we're breaking even/doing better than breaking even. Hence the conspiracy theory about "Break even being upped to 14k from 11k.".... point 2. Which player/'s moaned about not being paid? and are they still at the Club? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread