Why did Waggot leave City ? (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

I saw a post on Facebook earlier that it was because SISU had decided to withdraw win bonus' for the players because of the mounting cost, the club 'apparently' had his post deleted once wherever he'd stuck it up first time ?! Might be horse shit but just wondering ?

ceetee

That's not consistent with TM and MV being given a budget and told to get on with it.

skybluetony176

Our down turn does coincide with SW's departure and CA's arrival. Northampton in the cup was our first game after the change IIRC. Truth is we'll never know why SW went could be the reason given at the time, could be he had to go to make way for CA, could be the reason in the OP, could be because he got the sums wrong. Who knows. Not us that's for sure.

NorthernWisdom

The fact that Anderson moved in quite so swiftly looks like the change was planned tbh. If it was Waggot just jumping, we'd have had a longer spell before his replacement popped up.

Also if contracted, they couldn't just withdraw win bonuses.

tbh, sounds like horse shit to me.

Ashdown

It doesn't add up to me but it's frustrating with these devious owners because there is almost always a gagging involved in the severance agreement much like everything is undisclosed !

oldfiver

Our down turn does coincide with SW's departure and CA's arrival. Northampton in the cup was our first game after the change IIRC. Truth is we'll never know why SW went could be the reason given at the time, could be he had to go to make way for CA, could be the reason in the OP, could be because he got the sums wrong. Who knows. Not us that's for sure.

And Gillingham are now where in the league?

skybluetony176

The fact that Anderson moved in quite so swiftly looks like the change was planned tbh. If it was Waggot just jumping, we'd have had a longer spell before his replacement popped up.

Happened very quick I seem to remember. Wasn't SG expecting an interview with him in the afternoon but it was announced that he'd left instead. Surely SG's interview technique isn't that bad.

stupot07

Sounds like bollocks to me, the win bonus etc would be part of a players contract, tbr PFA would have been all over it and it would have been made public if it was true.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

J

Jack Griffin

Waggot left here in November, was immediately replaced by Anderson & joined Gillingham in February.

MV said at the time
A day after chief executive Steve Waggott's exit, the League One club have appointed Anderson as executive vice-chairman and managing director.

"Chris and I have had a number of very productive meetings already," said Sky Blues technical director Mark Venus.

...clearly the move was planned.. but the change was a surprise..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34734231
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34748337
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/scally-brings-in-new-chief-90540/

Last edited by a moderator:

coop

SW obviously got on well with Mowbray and Venus and everything was happy daze until he left.I don't think it would be because of win bonuses but it was a bit of a surprise as it happened so quickly and it has clearly upset the apple cart.Perhaps Tim nice but dim has been steering shit up behind the scenes as we never hear of him anymore. But something has gone drastically wrong and ruined a great chance of promotion.

Sick Boy

Yes, I'm sure Tim Fisher has been feeling particularly evil and has been trying his hardest to stir up trouble.

SkyblueBazza

Other than maybe a bit of wind aiding it's passage, & the splat as it hits the ground - what exactly does horse shit sound like???

...onwards & upwards PUSB

oucho

The feeling I got was there was a clash between MV and SW. In the Pressley era SW was in charge of player recruitment. TM deeply unimpressed by his work, especially the dearth of a scouting network and particularly how agents found it dead easy to ring him up and take on a player. Once the recruitment role went to MV, it was probably cheaper to wave goodbye to SW and bring in a new face to focus on the admin side of the business.

Frankly, with the way the owners carry on they might as well appoint Gillian Anderson as CEO.

oucho

There's more on Chris Anderson here: http://andersonsally.com/aboutus/

and here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-a...d:1460405236004,tas:chris anderson coventry c (need to log into LinkedIN)

Read his biog - it's all about numbers, stats, analysis ... management through data. That much we know about CA already...but who else do we know who's tried to apply mathematics to business / football management?? Give you a clue, she's Euro-American too.

The CA appointment makes sense in the context of Joy appointing someone like herself to run it, her own man, rather than an outsider like SW. That was the plan with Fisher and Igwe, but they cocked up monumentally. I think SW was brought in as a fire-fighting short term solution to get us out of Sixfields, and in the meanwhile Joy was lining up a long term alternative. CA is just the kind of person she'd go for - numbers brain over football experience.

oucho

Who was responsible for setting a budget based on getting 11k at the Ricoh, which turned out to be 14 k?

In this context it is also interesting that Finance Director Steve Brookfield left at around the same time as SW, and this was unannounced. CA has taken over SB's functions. You do wonder if Brookfield got the boot for the miscalculation and it was kept quiet about due to embarrassment.

Grendel

Who was responsible for setting a budget based on getting 11k at the Ricoh, which turned out to be 14 k?

You can't actually set a budget on crowd numbers - it's conceivable the assumption on revenue at 11,000 assumed an incorrect percentage of full payers v concessions.

Terry Gibson's perm

You can't actually set a budget on crowd numbers - it's conceivable the assumption on revenue at 11,000 assumed an incorrect percentage of full payers v concessions.

So 14k may prove to be wrong as well

Nick

Administrator
This whole break even thing.

I'd suggest the financial side was brookfield wasn't it?

torchomatic

He doesn't interview. He just copies the press release given to him by Lucas or Wasps. :sarcasm:

Happened very quick I seem to remember. Wasn't SG expecting an interview with him in the afternoon but it was announced that he'd left instead. Surely SG's interview technique isn't that bad.

James Smith

Sounds like a good conspiracy should but then I heard rumours about the reasons for our return from Sixfields that sounded very plausible.

Users who are viewing this thread