Why boo a player? (1 Viewer)

speedie87

I think kilbane as captain and as a player should issue some sort of statement condemning the booing and pointing out it don't help. But before people start saying they might deserve it perhaps he should say something like for at least the next ten games we don't want anything but support, but if we haven't started performing by then you would be in your rights to do what you want.

Black6Osprey

The point about being a third division player is inconsistency and lack of basic abililty. Hussey is not a great player, never will be, but he will have a good game then a bad game because of that lack of concentration, ability, consistency and booing him or anyone else won't change that fact.

Yes but the opposition should have the same shortcomings and inconsistency and so it gets levelled out. If hes got the ability to play at this level he should still look good 70% of the time. If he doesn't then maybe we should drop him, get rid or wait until we drop another level so he starts to look good, although it was Burton last night wasn't it, so maybe League 2 is also above his level and he would be better off in the Conference. I dont fancy getting relegated that far down to find out though.

Si80

my point being only in football are people allowed to be so sloppy and poor at work and consistently get away with it.I have been to both home league games this season..hussey, brown, are stand out poor performers so far

Utter rubbish. It happens everywhere in working life, not just in football. The problem lies in if a manager tries to address the issue. Evidently that never happened with Thorn, and so Hussey (who I believe to have the ability to be a decent leftback) has stagnated in his development at CCFC.

I agree that Hussey & Brown have been poor starting the season. Case in point on how confidence affects a player is Brown last night. Started poorly, but then started getting the better of his man in the 2nd half and played well towards through the 2nd half.

Hussey started badly, got singled out by the "boo boys" and never really recovered because everything he did just didn't work. I don't think it was aided by him being supported (I use this term very loosely) by McSheffrey who was also poor last night.

Otis

Said earlier, a player plays badly and then people boo. When they boo he plays worse. This is then detrimental to the team.

And here's me thinking these people would want their team to do well.

Silly me. :facepalm:

smileycov

Facebook User
Who was the Arsenal player that got took off after being sent on as Sub because he was being boo'd and was in tears? Not just Cov fans then.

Personally i wouldn't boo my team or players........but christ we have been put through the mill a bit !

Black6Osprey

Who was the Arsenal player that got took off after being sent on as Sub because he was being boo'd and was in tears? Not just Cov fans then.

Personally i wouldn't boo my team or players........but christ we have been put through the mill a bit !

It happens at every club up and down the land. Its just people grabbing on to any reason for us being shit other than us just being shit.

skyblue4ever

I think at the game on sunday us real fans should sing hussey's name and let him know it is the minority who boo. boost the lads confidence.

Brighton Sky Blue

That was Ebouè I think.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't think the half wits realise it is actually counter productive and will likely make the player play even worse

Astute

I don't think the half wits realise it is actually counter productive and will likely make the player play even worse

Of course they don't realise. They are half wits after all.

skyblueinBaku

I think at the game on sunday us real fans should sing hussey's name and let him know it is the minority who boo. boost the lads confidence.

I was thinking something similar. If the real supporters were cheering louder than the boo boys were booing, the problem would be resolved.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I was thinking something similar. If the real supporters were cheering louder than the boo boys were booing, the problem would be resolved.

Sadly the boo boys always seem to have particularly loud voices.

Perhaps it's natures way of compensating for short changing them intelligence wise..............

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
see no reason to boo one of our own team. Ok he might not be your favourite player, he might be having a bad day doing his job, (we all do have those days) but he is one of ours for god sake!

There is a definitely an edge to the crowd this season, less tolerant of mistakes, and less understanding ........ we wont get any where until we all pull in the same direction, and frankly with that kind of support we dont deserve to

mattylad

I just don't see why anybody has sympathy for hussey..he clearly wants away from the club..plays like he don't care..and overall is one of the worst left backs at city for a long time

You sir are a total tool and an idiot

mattylad

Booing a player for lack of effort or desire is one thing, not acceptable but understandable but booing a player for misplacing a pass, having a bad game or in the case of most of our players, simply not being very good is moronic and counter productive. Was Hussey not trying? No he simply isn't very good and is booing Hussey suddenly going to transform him into Ashley Cole? Of course not - he is a third division full back playing in a third division team. The sooner some of our fans realise that our players simply aren't very good and thats why we were able to sign them for nothing or why they got us relegated the better. We should not accept a lack of effort but a lack of ability comes with the mess our owners, past and present, have created. Don't blame the player for not being very good blame our owners and management for putting us in a state where all we can sign is freebie journeymen.
Sorry I disagree, booing one of your own team is never acceptable.

torchomatic

Couldn't agree more, OSB. We shouldn't boo our own players, that's the job of the opposition players. It's the hypocrisy that I can't stand though, as with the Kilbane incident. It was apparently out of order for him to have a go back. Same with Hussey. No wonder the lad makes mistakes with morons on his back all the time.

see no reason to boo one of our own team. Ok he might not be your favourite player, he might be having a bad day doing his job, (we all do have those days) but he is one of ours for god sake!

There is a definitely an edge to the crowd this season, less tolerant of mistakes, and less understanding ........ we wont get any where until we all pull in the same direction, and frankly with that kind of support we dont deserve to

Astute

These are also the fans that proclaim themselves to be the true fans of Coventry as they were there in midweek vs Burton in the JPT

Were they there for the cheap tickets? If they only want to go because they enjoy booing our players it don't matter who we are playing or in what competition.

Diehard Si

If you are that distgusted save it for full time and boo the team as a whole ( if you have to ). Or shout at them if they do something wrong, but never boo. He will know he has done wrong from the fact his manager is shouting at him, his players are and he can see for himself the ball went to the other team.

People forget Hussey is still a kid, mainly because he's been played for a few seasons.

Baker started getting boo'd last night as well at one point, the guy who destroyed Brum 1 week prior. Me and a few others made a special point of applauding and cheering him when he really got stuck in down that right in the 2nd half. Closed down a few players, won the tackle, retained the ball.

Hussey was having a mare, but he wasn't shying away. He kept trying to do it. His problem was he always trying to play a killer ball down the line and if you are playing badly you need to go back to basics. Just retain possesion. He wasn't helped by his team mates however who rarely seemed to give him any options.

Boo'ing the a kid trying to get back to form though is utterly moronic and if you were booing him then you are a total moron. It was mainly the kids doing it from the score board

1nilandwe...

Spot on OSB. I'm actually embarrassed to be a Cov supporter at the moment. The players turning against the fans is a tragic situation. We should all be in this together.

As someone mentioned earlier, we are in League 1 in case anybody hadn't noticed. The average Premiership game is littered with mistakes, so why do we expect our squad to not make any?

If the guy who paid your wages at work constantly criticised you whenever you made a mistake, how do you think it would affect your performance and how would it make you feel about your employer? So what about if your job was broadcast on TV/radio/etc and there were 5000 employers criticising you?

The players need to be able to feel like it's okay for them to make mistakes and we'll still be on their side. Surely we want them to have a pop from 25 yards, or try and take on their man, try an ambitious pass now and again? We want to be entertained at the end of the day and they ain't going to be very entertaining with the threat of boos ringing in their ears everytime something goes wrong.

Astute

I don't have to deal with the public at work. I am lucky. If anyone tries to have a go at me I tell them what they can do. This includes my bosses. We are self managing teams at work. We know our jobs better than anyone else.

Don't think I could cope with idiots telling me what I should be doing or telling me I am shite. I would be looking for another job if this was the case.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Were they there for the cheap tickets? If they only want to go because they enjoy booing our players it don't matter who we are playing or in what competition.
Yea there has been a lot of sniping on here lately about how we will take more fans to the Emirates than who turned up to the Ricoh last night implying this makes them superior 'supporters' of the team. Well if these are the sort of supporters that represents our true fan base, it is very sad

Astute

The further we get in a cup the more that will go. The better the cup the more that will go.

1st round in the worse competition we will have played in for many years against the 3rd round of a better competition. I know which would have a better crowd whatever our opponents.

Brighton Sky Blue

So players who put zero effort in are beyond criticism as well? I find it baffling that some here would happily excuse laziness or poor commitment. Fans pay to turn up, players are paid to turn up-if they can't be bothered to give the effort a fan has every right to boo. This applies more to a selection of last year's team, mind. If a lazy player gets off light for not trying, he has no incentive to try harder.

WillenhallSkyBlues

hussey is poor week in week out, the player needs to be let know that we know hes shit and he should stop stealing a living off coventry city football club cause we have alot of youth who would jump at the chance to take his place and perform alot better!

another thing that annoys me is cody mcdonalds lack of first touch

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think you missed someone out BSB ....... the manager is paid to make decisions to maximise effort performance and results and is the only one that can deal with players lacking effort or under performing. There may have been a ready made excuse last year regarding depth of squad but not so this year in this division....... there is an argument for saying fans should not need to boo because the manager should be on top of his game and deal with any problems, make decisions and substitute or not pick players

skyblue4ever

hussey is poor week in week out, the player needs to be let know that we know hes shit and he should stop stealing a living off coventry city football club cause we have alot of youth who would jump at the chance to take his place and perform alot better!

another thing that annoys me is cody mcdonalds lack of first touch

Back from school i see, what lesson did u enjoy the most?
Behave!

This season is like nothing I've ever witnessed! The mentality of some of our fans is unbelievable.
I've gotta say that there is a hardcore of people without a brain cell between them, booing, your not fit to wear the shirt, abusing players! Totally out of order. Absolute knuckle draggers!!
I think one the main issues is the expectancy, it's far too high. There is most definitely a post relegation hangover. People need to realise we are in league one because we aren't very good, Simple as that. We have no divine right to beat other teams and anyone with an ounce of common sense could see how hard it was gonna be.
Take Yeovil away, the booing after that game was so uncalled for! I left that game feeling like it was a point gained, I think yeovils start has all but proven that. On the way out I had a row with a chap, because he was pissed off we hadn't steam rollered them.
It seems that as the numbers have dwindled it has actually uncovered the fact that our hardcore support are actually a mixture of angry, thick,unemployed and chavvy school kids that like nothing more than to walk around like the world owes them a favour and it's okay to turn on fellow fans and players and ten year old ball boys for that matter!!

Absolute morons, from where i was sitting it seemed to be groups of men not kids, 25 - 35ish. Knob jockies the lot of em. The three blokes sitting in front of me were giving Hussey ridiculous abuse as the ball was approaching him. I am known for being volatile to say the least if in defence of my team, and you might say i had a little word or two with them at half time, they didnt seem to agree so i told them the consequencies of keeping up the abuse. I think you'll find it was a little more reserved in the second half;) PUSB

torchomatic

It's not about not liking Hussey, it's all about him getting booed.

So anybody who doesn't like hussey is a kid or a chav from what i m getting from this thread

KeresleySBA

Absolute morons, from where i was sitting it seemed to be groups of men not kids, 25 - 35ish. Knob jockies the lot of em. The three blokes sitting in front of me were giving Hussey ridiculous abuse as the ball was approaching him. I am known for being volatile to say the least if in defence of my team, and you might say i had a little word or two with them at half time, they didnt seem to agree so i told them the consequencies of keeping up the abuse. I think you'll find it was a little more reserved in the second half;) PUSB

I agree with your sentiments but whether we agree or not people are entitled to their opinion, try making your point with valid arguments rather than just telling everyone how hard you are.

Users who are viewing this thread