Whos going to Northampton (1 Viewer)

skybluesham

Who is actually going to shitfields because I know im not. ill listen to the odd game, go to Walsall, wolves and shrewsbury away but im not leaving Coventry to see Coventry play.m WHO IS?

skyblueirish

I will b boycotting. Already ordered my crawley away ticket. Plan 2 try to get 2 some local away games. Better atmosphere at away games anyway

covkid

I will only go to Northampton as an away fan only and that's if we draw them in a cup game. Northampton is easier for me to travel back too but I can't get my head around the fact that I won't be going back to my home city to see a home game...... So no I won't be attending six fields

Otis

A few on GMK say they're going.

Haven't seen very many on here say they are.

I do also think that if the -15 points looms and we are still in an embargo and can't bring players in, that, that might have a big say in the minds of those who aren't quite so sure.

rob9872

i reckon a few locals and neutrals will watch with away fans and a few diehards. noi atmosphere probably 3-4k average

WestEndAgro

I was undecided due to the last 42 years of my life being spent watching Cov, i love the club so much, it is impossable to put it into words, but after Saturdays march i will NOT be going to Northampton.
Away days only for me, but i am very tempted to stand on "Jimmys Hill" for the Bristol match.

Block19

I will be on the hill or wherever the protest is to be held. Nice to have more on the hill than in the stadium. Need a back up plan mind you as I can bet all of a sudden you won't be able to stand on the hill due to safety concerns

kepit 2 yusen

I say it with a heavy heart but I can't bring myself to go to Northampton. It's just wrong what they have done to the club and the fans.

Lock

I'll be taking my two sons to N'ton. Not because I wouldn't prefer to be at the Ricoh. I would. However thyre not suffering for the incompetence of others. We come from Derbyshire and have a different perspective on it all. We see that this problem is six of one and half a dozen of the other. There is fault on both sides - poor negotiating strategies, egoism and naivety. SISU's ruthlessness and ACL's incompetence make a toxic mix. The lawyers are havi a field day, stoking the fires of the divorce and exacerbating the situation. The supporters are going through agonies but anger and hatred isn't the answer here. It just causes entrenchment. We're going because I love my lads, love the team and believe common sense will prevail. Keep City in Cov but don't punish your children and don't punish the players . Back Pressley and argue from a win:win mentality.

C

Chez179

After 37yrs being a season ticket holder I will not be going to Northampton. I will go to some away games. So sad to see what has become of our club. SISU out!

CovisGod

I'm going, feel sorry for our players that put on some good performances last season, they need at least a couple of people cheering them on !

Bring on the "Scab" comments, I've said it before, Northampton or Norway, I'll be there. These lads play for the team I've supported for 30 years, I'm not stopping now. Yes I hate the owners, yes I wish we were playing in Cov but no I can't just "support another team" as other threads have suggested or forget about the team I've spent all of my life supporting.

City Till I Die

Paxman II

Who is actually going to shitfields because I know im not. ill listen to the odd game, go to Walsall, wolves and shrewsbury away but im not leaving Coventry to see Coventry play.m WHO IS?

Sounds like you want your cake and eat it too? All sounds a bit hypocritical to me.
You are OK watching them anywhere else just not Northampton?
So you will be complaining when they lose and yet be starving them of income?
You actually support your football team and want to watch them and benefit from watching them elsewhere, yet you won't support them with your money and simply expect to be entertained by them where ever else they play? As fans you have that luxury the players do not and I will support them while they play for the Sky Blues through thick and thin.

I'd go, no problem. I won't be going much, and as they are playing what to me feels like an 'all away' game fixture list I'll pick and choose where I go. I'll be rooting for them as ever. I won't turn my back on them because we have dreadful owners. So long as they field a team I'll support them and hope times will get better.

Amazes me people are on here so regularly saying 'not a penny more' etc yet they are on here discussing every sinew of the club?
Either go or don't go fine, but if you are not going to support your team please don't get changing your minds in a few months after all the hot air you have been spouting.
I actually believe a better stance could be made to protest by going to Northampton and getting as much coverage as possible opposed to none. As it is you just compound the downward spiral.

Last edited:

Spionkop

You are all talking as if everything is signed and sealed? Why, have you all got crystal balls? Yesterday's meeting was adjourned, sadly. No statement yet. Unless you were there you don't know what happened. Sure it looks gloomy, but wait & see. Something may be agreed.
No season tickets to be had, no transport announced, nothing agreed with Northampton police. No new shirts seen. Of course it looks dismal. But I for one am clinging to the hope we play at the Ricoh. There was obviously some negotiation going on yesterday, so there's a glint of hope they may broker a deal to play at the Ricoh.
Then we can watch our team in our city. Even if these awful owners are still here.
Paxman, if we do play at Northampton and you go, you'll be complicit in the lingering death of our club. That's all I'll say.

Covstu

no chance of us playing at the Ricoh this season. I wont go to Northampton, we will be playing sundays and Tuesdays etc so we will always be visitors at the ground and generally wont feel right. Work will stop me at weekdays and family comes first during the weekend as I don't want to take the full day out unlike the couple of hours I would normally do at the Ricoh.

ccfcway

I'll be taking my two sons to N'ton. Not because I wouldn't prefer to be at the Ricoh. I would. However thyre not suffering for the incompetence of others. We come from Derbyshire and have a different perspective on it all. We see that this problem is six of one and half a dozen of the other. There is fault on both sides - poor negotiating strategies, egoism and naivety. SISU's ruthlessness and ACL's incompetence make a toxic mix. The lawyers are havi a field day, stoking the fires of the divorce and exacerbating the situation. The supporters are going through agonies but anger and hatred isn't the answer here. It just causes entrenchment. We're going because I love my lads, love the team and believe common sense will prevail. Keep City in Cov but don't punish your children and don't punish the players . Back Pressley and argue from a win:win mentality.

Couple of points

1) Common sense + CCFC :thinking about:
2) Pressley prob wont be here in a couple of weeks

Hope it goes well though, its just not for me.

Sky Blue Pete

Lock and covisgod-how does this end in your opinions? What would be the line you would draw? It is common wisdom that sisu are ripping the heart out of our club and have no intention of returning to Coventry, do you not agree that this is the case or do you not care?

DazzleTommyDazzle

Sounds like you want your cake and eat it too? All sounds a bit hypocritical to me.
You actually support your football team and want to watch them and benefit from watching them elsewhere, yet you won't support them with your money and simply expect to be entertained by them where ever else they play? As fans you have that luxury the players do not and I will support them while they play for the Sky Blues through thick and thin.

I'd go, no problem. I won't be going much, and as they are playing what to me feels like an 'all away' game fixture list I'll pick and choose where I go. I'll be rooting for them as ever. I won't turn my back on them because we have dreadful owners. So long as they field a team I'll support them and hope times will get better.

Amazes me people are on here so regularly saying 'not a penny more' etc yet they are on here discussing every sinew of the club?
Either go or don't go fine, but if you are not going to support your team please don't get changing your minds in a few months after all the hot air you have been spouting.
I actually believe a better stance could be made to protest by going to Northampton and getting as much coverage as possible opposed to none. As it is you just compound the downward spiral.

I seem to recall you criticising (rightly in my view) those who have called people who will attend "scabs" and yet you feel quite happy calling those who will not attend "hypocrites" - interesting case of double standards.

You are "amazed" that people support NOPM, yet "are on here discussing every sinew of the club". I can only conclude that you have been reading this site over recent weeks with your metaphorical fingers in your metaphorical ears, singing "la, la, la" at the top of your metaphorical voice!

shropshirecov

All this talk of the 'hill' outside sixfields is a surefire way of getting it blocked off by the old bill for elf n safety, some people live for that sort of thing

Sub

nope wont be going, will go to away games and will be loking forward to Portvale v CCFC seen as this will be my nearest game.

Last edited:

jesus-wept

Not Coventry City Football Club, unless in a cup-tie

Buster

Im confused by your post Paxman.
ive missed a handfull of games since they started at the Ricoh but because of the present situation my son and i have decided to support at away games only.
You however will support ccfc " through thick and thin " but are going to , choose your games, Are you going to the first game at sixfields?

Otis

I'm going, feel sorry for our players that put on some good performances last season, they need at least a couple of people cheering them on !

Bring on the "Scab" comments, I've said it before, Northampton or Norway, I'll be there. These lads play for the team I've supported for 30 years, I'm not stopping now. Yes I hate the owners, yes I wish we were playing in Cov but no I can't just "support another team" as other threads have suggested or forget about the team I've spent all of my life supporting.

City Till I Die

Your choice of course, but I hear a lot of this 'supporting the club through thick and thin' and 'the lads play for the team I have supported for x amount of years' stuff etc., but how then do you explain why none of the ex-City players will go. The former players association has said that none of its members will set foot in Northampton.

Aren't an awful lot of them City through and through and many complete and utter Sky Blue legends?

If I was dithering about making my mind up, the very fact that they ex city legends have all turned their backs on the club for now would totally make my mind up for me.

Or doesn't that bother you? All the ex City legends with Sky Blue blood in their veins not going but you are?

Not having a dig. Just trying to understand the rationale.

italiahorse

City Till I Die

Are you going to the away games as well ? If not why not?

CovisGod

To the few people that have quoted me, yeah I'll go home and away as much as I can. Of course it bothers me that the heart has been ripped out of the club, I started supporting Coventry due to my Dad buying me a season ticket basically from the day I was born and I'm honestly glad he's not around now to see the joke we've become. Until Coventry City ceases to exisist in whatever form I shall continue to support them regardless of owners or where were playing, too much of my last 30 years has been taken up by the club for me to just turn my back. I have a Coventry tattoo, my daughter middle name is Sky, I've lived and breathed CCFC since the day I was born and I just couldn't bare to give it all up.

I'd just like to add that although I shall continue to go regardless, I am fully behind any protest to get the current owners out and keep Coventry in Coventry.

Otis

To the few people that have quoted me, yeah I'll go home and away as much as I can. Of course it bothers me that the heart has been ripped out of the club, I started supporting Coventry due to my Dad buying me a season ticket basically from the day I was born and I'm honestly glad he's not around now to see the joke we've become. Until Coventry City ceases to exisist in whatever form I shall continue to support them regardless of owners or where were playing, too much of my last 30 years has been taken up by the club for me to just turn my back. I have a Coventry tattoo, my daughter middle name is Sky, I've lived and breathed CCFC since the day I was born and I just couldn't bare to give it all up.

I'd just like to add that although I shall continue to go regardless, I am fully behind any protest to get the current owners out and keep Coventry in Coventry.

But we can all throw stories out there. I have been going up since 1968. My dad used to carry me up there as a babe in arms. I used to watch all the reserve games and many youth games too. ST holder for many, many, many years.

My dad first went up in 1938 and watched them for 40 years.

I have lived and breathed Coventry City and it will break my heart, but the right and proper thing to do to stop this madness is for no-one to go.

If NO-ONE went then we would be back to Coventry like a shot. If people continue to go to Northampton in any numbers then there is no urgency for the club to come back home. None whatsoever.

5,000 turn up at Northampton every home game and there is no incentive for Sisu to even lay one single brick in a new stadium.

Hate to say it, but it is us stay-aways who are the only ones who can force the owners' hands here. Those who attend may feel they are backing the team on the pitch, but they are hurting the team off it in my opinion.

italiahorse

Are you going away as well ?

J

Jack Griffin

Otis is spot on with his thoughts..

Attend at Sixfields and the club is gone from Coventry
Boycott Sixfields and the club has no option but to return to Coventry

Simples

covcity4life

no i wont go as its my way of showing sisu what a dumb idea it is.

instead i am going to try and go to away games this year(as stated before i dont go away as i always percieved it as aggressive chavvy hoolganism elemenets,but have been told by posters i am wrong), i just need to find a good travel service and someone to go with

thats biggest deal i guess,most of my friends support prem teams and i dont really wanna travel to and watch away games on my own, hopefully sort something though as i wanna see cov play

CovisGod

You see That's what I don't agree with Otis, I don't think it will matter if one Cov fan turns up of 5,000, SISU are stubborn fuckers and I think they'll see this through to the end regardless, which will mean 5 years without watching my team play. I certainly won't be buying a season ticket and going every week like previous seasons but I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face and never attending Northampton,

What if nobody goes, morale drops and the players don't perform, we get back to back relegations SISU continue to play hard ball and refusing to sell up claiming they will "turn it all around when the new stadiums built" and we end up going out of business anyway.

I don't see that me and my daughter going to watch Cov in Northampton is going to matter a great deal in the grand scheme of what happens with this club

jimmyhillsfanclub

No..I not going to Northampton.

Yes...I'm going to some away games.

Yes....I will buy a membership if they go on sale.

No...I don't believe in NOPM.

In reality, nothing much will change for me.....I've not been to the Ricoh since 2006 cos its shit....I do about 8-10 away games per season...

..So the only 2 changes I'm likely to notice are:

a) More "away only" fans.
b) City being even shitter than usual.

Bring it on. PUSB.

Users who are viewing this thread