Whos going to Northampton (1 Viewer)

McLovin87

It is becoming boring now, all this bickering, if these feckers want to go to Northampton then set up a separate Forum called SISU's Coventry Cobblers Talk where they can discuss the crazy antics they will get up to at Sixfields.

Fair Play to Otis for trying to get them to see the bigger picture but for anyone who is even contemplating the trip over to Northampton they are already a lost cause in my eyes.

Anyway Nick is there a chance you could set up a new forum mate?

RoboCCFC90

It's not amazing at all.

My post - that you disagreed with - was very short and to the point.

It said (here we go again....) that people have a right to express their opinions, but should do so politely and respectfully.

I was merely trying to help you to clarify your position.

It was short and to a point however yes you did argue that people have a right to an opinion, however do you agree that an opinon should be used to influence others? That's my point and my position, I have no problem as said preiously with people expressing an opinion however when you try to influence others with your opinon when they have made decision which is not just an influence to one person, but others that is wrong.

RoboCCFC90

It is becoming boring now, all this bickering, if these feckers want to go to Northampton then set up a separate Forum called SISU's Coventry Cobblers Talk where they can discuss the crazy antics they will get up to at Sixfields.

Fair Play to Otis for trying to get them to see the bigger picture but for anyone who is even contemplating the trip over to Northampton they are already a lost cause in my eyes.

What a moronic post.

ajsccfc

Jesus.

DazzleTommyDazzle

It was short and to a point however yes you did argue that people have a right to an opinion, however do you agree that an opinon should be used to influence others? That's my point and my position, I have no problem as said preiously with people expressing an opinion however when you try to influence others with your opinon when they have made decision which is not just an influence to one person, but others that is wrong.

It seems rather pointless expressing an opinion, if there is no attempt to (politely and respectfully) influence others.

To consider that to be wrong is, frankly, a little odd.

Is this something that you only believe in relation to this matter or is it a general belief of yours?

Bennosdancingfeet

But it's a no brainer. If we get decent numbers go to sixfields fisher has won.... It's so bloody obvious if we stay away they'll come back to Cov. I'm all supporting the team but will take the pain for a few months for common sense to prevail

Otis

If City needed fans to go up for an important game I always try and talk people into going.

Isn't that the same thing?

I talk people into going if I feel it benefits CCFC and I try and talk people out of going if I believe it is for the benefit of CCFC.

Would never fall out with someone over them wishing to go, but of course think it right and proper for all City fans to try and convince their fellow supporters that not going is the right thing to do.

As long as it is respectful and reasoned I see no problem with that.

RoboCCFC90

It seems rather pointless expressing an opinion, if there is no attempt to (politely and respectfully) influence others.

To consider that to be wrong is, frankly, a little odd.

Is this something that you only believe in relation to this matter or is it a general belief of yours?

So attempting to influence others on decision which will have no impact your life, but will impact other lives is correct?

No wonder there is a problem with modern society..

You can express an opinion and debate on it, but people will make there own decisions, such is life, if you tried to influence me not to go to Northampton on the basis that you don't believe it is supporting the club in the long term and informed me that legends you had spoken to regarding the subject had also agreed with you in prior conversation I would simply ask you "Why I need your apporval and to why would you like to question how I spend my cash or treat myself in life, as to what business it is of yours" This isn't odd, this is called having a life, you make decisions, if listened to everyone else's opinion all the time than I wouldn't be who I am and it's in my opinion and choice that I am who I am and that suits me perfectly and everyone should feel that way.

RoboCCFC90

If City needed fans to go up for an important game I always try and talk people into going.

I talk people into going if I feel it benefits CCFC and I try and talk people out of going if I believe it is for the benefit of CCFC.

Would never fall out with someone over them wishing to go, but of course think it right and proper for all City fans to try and convince their fellow supporters that not going is the right thing to do.

My point Otis is why do you feel other's should listen to you? Don't get me wrong you seem like a good, fair minded chap, but people make there own decisons in life such as covcity4life when he chose not to go the watch it at the Arena and watch it on TV, talking people into things is just because you don't believe in something and feel others should share that opinion, as I said before others will not share that opinion and should be able to do what they wish.

Last edited:

blend

I won't be going, it's not for me. I remember going in 1990 and vowing never to return anyway. Certainly not under these circumstances.

DazzleTommyDazzle

So attempting to influence others on decision which will have no impact your life, but will impact other lives is correct?

No wonder there is a problem with modern society..

You can express an opinion and debate on it, but people will make there own decisions, such is life, if you tried to influence me not to go to Northampton on the basis that you don't believe it is supporting the club in the long term and informed me that legends you had spoken to regarding the subject had also agreed with you in prior conversation I would simply ask you "Why I need your apporval and to why would you like to question how I spend my cash or treat myself in life, as to what business it is of yours" This isn't odd, this is called having a life, you make decisions, if listened to everyone else's opinion all the time than I wouldn't be who I am and it's in my opinion and choice that I am who I am and that suits me perfectly and everyone should feel that way.

Yet you appear to see no contradiction in attempting to persuade me that your view is correct - or to put it another way, to influence me on a view that will have no impact on your life.

If you come on a forum, I'd have thought that there was a fairly basic presumption that you would be choosing to read other people's views and yet this seems to be the cause of some angst for you.

As I said earlier - very odd......

As an aside, the whole point is that CCFC is very important to me and I believe that it's best long term interests will be served by people not attending in Northampton, so not sure where you get the "no impact on your life" bit.

RoboCCFC90

Yet you appear to see no contradiction in attempting to persuade me that your view is correct - or to put it another way, to influence me on a view that will have no impact on your life.

If you come on a forum, I'd have thought that there was a fairly basic presumption that you would be choosing to read other people's views and yet this seems to be the cause of some angst for you.

As I said earlier - very odd......

As an aside, the whole point is that CCFC is very important to me and I believe that it's best long term interests will be served by people not attending in Northampton, so not sure where you get the "no impact on your life" bit.

I am explaining to you how I feel the action discussed is wrong, you can continue to believe this is correct if you wish, I won't lose sleep over it.

Maybe it's important to other people as well as much as it is to you and some people believe that for them staying away would be detrimental to them, like I said previously people have different views and entitled to them. Staying away is your stand point, but others want to continue to pay to support and can see a long term future. Your opinion of that if fans choose to continue watching the club, this will influence the club's owners in not coming back to this City, this is just speculation and an opinion nothing more, right or wrong.

GaryPendrysEyes

Is it really that difficult to understand that a Forum is for people to debate, persuade, pontificate whatever they want. It's up to others to take it or leave it. Two rights there.

And no I wouldn't go, I wouldn't go on the hill either, Northants needs to be as empty as possible on match days. NOPM.

McLovin87

My point Otis is why do you feel other's should listen to you? Don't get me wrong you seem like a good, fair minded chap, but people make there own decisons in life such as covcity4life when he chose not to go the watch it at the Arena and watch it on TV, talking people into things is just because you don't believe in something and feel others should share that opinion, as I said before others will not share that opinion and should be able to do what they wish.

This isn't about if covcitylife listening to the match on the radio or watching it on the TV, this is about basically giving a stamp of approval to to what SISU are doing and lining the pockets of a Mayfair based hedge fund. This is the only weapon we have left to hurt them and it is being undermined by the people willing to journey to Sixfields.

RoboCCFC90

Is it really that difficult to understand that a Forum is for people to debate, persuade, pontificate whatever they want. It's up to others to take it or leave it. Two rights there.

And no I wouldn't go, I wouldn't go on the hill either, Northants needs to be as empty as possible on match days. NOPM.

Debate with FACT not speculation.

RoboCCFC90

This isn't about if covcitylife listening to the match on the radio or watching it on the TV, this is about basically giving a stamp of approval to to what SISU are doing and lining the pockets of a Mayfair based hedge fund. This is the only weapon we have left to hurt them and it is being undermined by the people willing to journey to Sixfields.

That's your opinion..

covcity4life

some people will go ,thats jsut a fact

but those who refuse shouldnt get too worried as it will only be about 300 people in attendence or something,still looks very bad

Sky Blue Pete

Why is he though? What business of Otis' or anyone else if someone wanted to attend a Football much unless there family? I never said this thread hasn't remained respectful however we should respect peoples right's and far as I can see CovisGod is welcome to take his children to watch CCFC if he see's fit.

Absolutely!! I was praising everyone involved about being respectful. Think Otis feels similar and as a friend and fellow fan wants to engage in debate

McLovin87

Debate with FACT not speculation.

99.9% of the stuff on here is speculation and rumour due to the way SISU operate, we are not dealing with graphs and piecharts, although I do like a good pie chart.

Sub

99.9% of the stuff on here is speculation and rumour due to the way SISU operate, we are not dealing with graphs and piecharts, although I do like a good pie chart.

20080915-piechart.jpg

Sky Blue Pete

completeky agree and admire your personal stance

McLovin87

Now that's what I'm talking about, that proves statistically that anyone going to Northampton is wrong, you can't argue with hard, cold data!

RoboCCFC90

Absolutely!! I was praising everyone involved about being respectful. Think Otis feels similar and as a friend and fellow fan wants to engage in debate

That's fine, but what people have to understand is some fans will make the decision to go to Northampton and that is there right, this can be debated as an opinion, but I would never tell someone on this forum that they have to attend or not attend games which such has happened in the past.

RoboCCFC90

Then with no fact makes no concrete evidence to your arguement, even better a reason people should stick to their own opinions.

McLovin87

Then with no fact makes no concrete evidence to your arguement, even better a reason people should stick to their own opinions.

No I usually stick to other people's opinions and make them my own.

Dhinsa's_Millions

Relegation is an absolute certainty my friend in six fields just wait till baker and Leon go

I couldn't agree with this more. We will be relegated this season. Morale will be at rock bottom anyway. The players aren't stupid and the kids will be like lambs to the slaughter as soon as we pick up a few injuries.

McLovin87

What I'm trying to say is that opinions can change and Otis was trying to change some people's opinions with some measured argument.

Have you never changed your opinion of someone or something during the course of your life, if you say "no" then you're a liar. You listen to others then put your side across, you may change your views yourself or the other person may nudge towards your opinion.

If people just "stuck to their own opinions" there would be no posting on this board. Variety is the spice of life my friend!

H

Hastingsskyblue

I am in Cornwall for first 'Home' Game so cannot go to the Bristol match, but hope to go to go to as many 'Home' games as normal (about 8/10), but will not set foot in shitfields

I will have afew beers on the train, a few in pub in Northampton, then sing my heart out on Jimmys Hill before returning home

No way will I give one more penny to Shitsu

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread