Who would you like to be are next manager? (2 Viewers)

Astute

Alex Ferguson

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

Paul Ince is out of management was on the radio the other day saying how he would like to get back on the managerial ladder, how do people rate his managerial ability?

Also think Dennis Wise would be good if we could afford him.

Awesome at Macclesfield and MK Dons, never really stood a chance at Blackburn, bit ropey at Notts C. Not sure, seems to be into a bit of a downward spiral. Gotta admit though, I heard all of the Five Live show and he did in general impress me with the way he speaks about the game. Seemed to have learnt a lot from his managerial and playing experiences. Certainly wouldn't be short of contacts in the game. Maybe, but I think he said something about only wanting a job in the North West? We don't want another Peter Reid/Carl Baker commuter-type-situation-ah.*

* Sorry, been listening to The Fall :D

ICHAN

Coppell brilliant player.
Just wiki'd him been out since 2010 thought it was longer than that.

Nonleagueherewecome

Paul "Mad Dog" Allen or Lee Clarke both on the up!

That's Martin "Mad Dog" Allen, and I'd say no, precisely because he is literally mad!

Lee Clarke would never leave Huddersfield for us. They have a bigger wage budget, a superb chairman, and a much greater chance of being in The Championship in the next few years (never mind next) than us.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Clark didn't leave Hudders for Leicester so no chance.

Interestingly though he is only on a rolling contract at his current club so wouldn't be a great amount of compo due if he did leave for another club.

TimRussell

I'm not fussy, just someone with some decent managerial experience would be nice. But I'd put my house on it being Lee Carsley.

Billy Davies is probably the best of the currently out-of-work managers available, but with his record of falling out with chairmen/directors I can hardly see him working with SISU, so we'd have to hope for a takeover first.

Whatever happens, Thorn has to go & go now. I don't care how nice a guy he is or how little money he has to spend, he has by no means the worst squad in the division & simply isn't up to it.

Kuklinski

Whatever happens, Thorn has to go & go now. I don't care how nice a guy he is or how little money he has to spend, he has by no means the worst squad in the division & simply isn't up to it.

The table begs to differ.

I find it hard to understand where people get this notion the squad is better than the league table implies? We finished 18th last season, and that included our 3 better players, Westwood, Gunarsson & King. So why after losing our better players and not replacing them do people seem to think our league position isn't a fair one? I don't see any other Championship teams beating a path to our door wanting all of our players. Juke, Clingan, Cranie & Keogh could move on for money, but who else? The likes of Bigi, Thomas, Christie etc are merely potential at the minute, unfulfilled. McSheffrey & Eastwood are overweight & lacking in enthusiasm for the fight. McPake, Bell & Deegan are forever injured and so a waste of time & resources.

I thought we would be relegated before a ball was kicked this season, and I've seen nothing to change my mind. Quite simply, the table doesn't lie.

Users who are viewing this thread