Who would you like to be are next manager? (1 Viewer)

ccfc2011

Who would you like to be are next manager if Thorn is sacked?

Last edited:

ICHAN

Anyone.
In all seriousness, it depends who is in charge, or going to be in charge.
If sisu then we all are quite confident in saying it will be from inside the club already.
If were taken over then that depends on money available to strengthen the squad and what ambition there is with the new owners, but real ambition not just lets throw a few hundred thousand and let's see how that goes.
I am not talking millions upon millions , well not until next year.:)
A lot would also depend on length of contract etc as well, ok we do not want to be going through managers like we are but I also feel that they get it right and have a get out clause should it be going seriously tits up.
At the moment although some may disagree strongly I think someone like Keane who will kick some players up there arses and put some fighting spirit back into the camp even if just for the rest of this year on a short contract if we are taken over, and this can be reassesed in the close season.

skybluereeve

If we had money then i would take Bruce. Done it in this league and sort of ok in the prem. Will never happen though :p

skybluereeve

Anyone.
In all seriousness, it depends who is in charge, or going to be in charge.
If sisu then we all are quite confident in saying it will be from inside the club already.
If were taken over then that depends on money available to strengthen the squad and what ambition there is with the new owners, but real ambition not just lets throw a few hundred thousand and let's see how that goes.
I am not talking millions upon millions , well not until next year.:)
A lot would also depend on length of contract etc as well, ok we do not want to be going through managers like we are but I also feel that they get it right and have a get out clause should it be going seriously tits up.
At the moment although some may disagree strongly I think someone like Keane who will kick some players up there arses and put some fighting spirit back into the camp even if just for the rest of this year on a short contract if we are taken over, and this can be reassesed in the close season.

Actually not a bad shout mate, but like you say he would need money

ICHAN

Just think even for the short time if we were taken over as we know it won't happen if sisu are here, he would certainly tell them how it is and give them some fight and spirit, and re address this at a later point, but feel that for this year whats left of it we could do with a fighter in the dressing room.

OyJimmy

Depends who owns the club. If Sisu then Harry Houdini

If anyone else the maybe Glenn Hoddle or a manager from another country who may know where we can get some cheap gems. Laslo Bolgni or whatever his name is seemed like a good bet to me.

ICHAN

I know who you mean Jimmy I thought he should have had it when he was interested in taking the job on last time.
Depends on what the new owners would be looking for if there are to be new owners, short term fix to get out of the position were in and as I said readdress what is/has happened come close season.
That way they have some more time to really plan what is going to happen and what they are going to do, I think it needs to be done right this time otherwise in a couple of years we will find ourselves back where we are now, think everyone will soon know in the close season what is going on having had experiance of what sisu have done over the time they have been here and people should know what signs to look for, lets all hope we could possibly have some luck come our way as a club.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't want AT to be sacked and I don't think replacing him will keep us up, but to pluck a name from a hat..Jim Magilton. Had a few very good seasons at Ipswich. He'll probably get the NI job, though (unless Dowie pips him to it).

What about that little guy who saved us from imminent relegation a few years ago........... let me think of some of his qualities:

passionate
inspirational
leader

got it...........DENNIS WISE............. Why not ???

PUSB

ohitsaidwalker king power

What about that little guy who saved us from imminent relegation a few years ago........... let me think of some of his qualities:

passionate
inspirational
leader

got it...........DENNIS WISE............. Why not ???

PUSB

Dennis Wise yes... what an inspirational figure he was... his few games at the Ricoh are my personal highlight since we moved into the soul less bowl.. what a player. Always involved in absolutely everything that went on, on the pitch and off... breath of fresh air.. sadly with these owners I'm afraid they never do anything wise(excuse the pun) and so its unlikely:(

J

Jack Griffin

Someone with a track record of developing players, not someone who just wants a big budget.

Tankie

An English manager please
6_16_5.gif
Curbishly if he'd come
"Why Roy Keane"? He's flopped everywhere he's been, non compromising personality, "The Big I am" and with a nasty off the field record too, and certainly not liked by players, and his "Football Sucks" No thanks!
36_1_10.gif
....Tankie

SkyBlue_Bear83

Paul Ince is out of management was on the radio the other day saying how he would like to get back on the managerial ladder, how do people rate his managerial ability?

Also think Dennis Wise would be good if we could afford him.

ICHAN

Money no object - Kevin Keegan

Thought about him the other day but not sure about him? also he would proberly want a bigger club, and I was also just thinking maybe short term and then reassess the situation in close season, just to try and get the team to survive this year, so short term contract and reevaluated.
Long term Stuart Pearce no chance though.

skyblue_rich

Has to be Paul Tisdale. Led exeter and bath to around 7 promotions between them. Always finished higher the next season as well, plus he has only spent 50k on players throughout his management career, so knows how it is like to have no budget!!

Users who are viewing this thread