Who would want McGodrick and whats the attraction? (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Who are we facing competition from for McGoldricks signature and where would HE like to go?
He has already stated that he wants to stay roughly in the Midlands - I cant see any other League 1 club being any more attractive than CCFC so where else can we reasonably expect competion from?
I cant see ANY Premier League clubs wanting to take a risk on a rejected Championship League player who now bangs them in in League 1 so I can only assume that the Championship holds the key.
Barnsley were earlier reported to have watched him (Wouldnt think DMc would like it up there).
Poyet has been banging on about finding a striker for Brighton in January (Too far away I reckon).
I would slit my wrists if those Bluenoses once again nicked yet another star player from our grasp - but Ive got a horrible feeling!

My hunch is that Bristol City or Leicester City might come a knocking too!

Im hoping that he can see that regular first team action with players and management that understands his style of play would be the sensible option and he decides to stay at least until the end of the season.
If he does and bangs in 30 goals we will be promoted and maybe just maybe we will keep hold of our rising star and record breaker.

Hes already scored more goals in half a season than hes EVER scored for any other club hes been with!
We showed him love while all others turned their backs - remember Mifsud!

ccfc92

Its all in our favour as in he's settled in Nottingham, he likes it at cov, the fans love him etc. But is he looking for money and/or a quick route to higher clubs? That's the problem, what he himself wants :(

ccfchandsy

Trouble is we seem to be a club that just revives players careers then they cut and run to the highest bidder
Money talks player walks

GaryJones

Think about it though - Who else would be in a position to tick his boxes? Birmingham City keeps coming to mind (I hate that lot - am I dreaming it but do they always nick our best players?)

ggrady

A player of his age needs to take advantage of this form and get on in his career. Personally we are the best footballing option but Birmingham will pay twice the wages we can

GaryJones

No Chance!

WillieStanley

McGoldrick is obviously after a bit of dollar and who could blame him. He wouldn't be leaving it with his agent otherwise. There are other factors. If I were in his position, I'd rather be the talisman of a team on the up rather than a bit player in an average or failing team.

GaryJones

WillieStanley - I couldnt agree with you more - I just wish he would say " I want to stay at Coventry and I am leaving up to my agent to make it happen" but Im looking at this through rose tinted specs I think!

Users who are viewing this thread