Who will own the new stadium? (1 Viewer)

pb2875

Who will actually own the new stadium? Will it be Otium Entertainment Group, SBS&L or some other SISU company and then SISU charge the club a rent but do allow the club access to the other revenue streams?

This is surely a question that needs to be asked at the open forum or for the media to pose this question directly to the club.

I won't be allowed to the forum as I was the (now ex) employee who challenged the PAYE arrangements at the club.

shmmeee

Garlick said last night almost word for word what Fisher has said "a company in the Sisu group".

I think Fisher said it was too early to talk about rent etc. Which worries me a bit. Surely the club should know the cost/benefit before embarking on a project of this size?

Sky Blue Kid

@ pb2875....CCFC will never own the Ricoh/New Stadium while SISU are in charge. We all know that not only "Management fees" but "Ground rental charges" will hit the Football Club like a "Ton of bricks" if the owners get their way.

Nick

Administrator
How many other clubs have their ground owned by other limited companies within the group? Would be interesting to see if it was standard practise.

Godiva

Garlick said last night almost word for word what Fisher has said "a company in the Sisu group".

I think Fisher said it was too early to talk about rent etc. Which worries me a bit. Surely the club should know the cost/benefit before embarking on a project of this size?

If a new stadium is build we should at least pressure sisu to keep ownership within the SBS&L umbrella ... but I would imagine that is their plan anyway.
I see no problem in having a seperate prop-co but it makes no sense to have it outside the group.

Monners

How many other clubs have their ground owned by other limited companies within the group? Would be interesting to see if it was standard practise.

I dare say it is common practice to have onwership by a seperate company of the same Group, and in an ideal world the club would have ownership (which I dare say is also common practice in some quarters); but this isn't realy the issue. Sisu have no intereset in the football, they are there to make money for their investors. Nothing wrong with the latter of course, but the irrelvance of the football side to them is there for all to see I'm afraid.

Last edited:

torchomatic

And who would own the Ricoh say if we moved back there and were bought out by someone else? Would CCFC own it?

@ pb2875....CCFC will never own the Ricoh/New Stadium while SISU are in charge. We all know that not only "Management fees" but "Ground rental charges" will hit the Football Club like a "Ton of bricks" if the owners get their way.

Nick

Administrator
We didn't own it before? People want us to go back and rent it from the council and that is ok but to rent it from anywhere else?

I don't understand :(

Otis

We didn't own it before? People want us to go back and rent it from the council and that is ok but to rent it from anywhere else?

Simple answer is, a football club should own it's own stadium.

italiahorse

We will always rent. Only a few people argue the rent thing. It's wrong to generalise just for a few.
The majority of people have no problem renting off the council and perhaps also are just a bit unsure about renting off Sisu for obvious reasons.

The figures show that owning a 12-20,000 stadium will cost more in interest rates than renting the Ricoh.

Otis

We will always rent. Only a few people argue the rent thing. It's wrong to generalise just for a few.
The majority of people have no problem renting off the council and perhaps also are just a bit unsure about renting off Sisu for obvious reasons.

The figures show that owning a 12-20,000 stadium will cost more in interest rates than renting the Ricoh.

But renting is not bricks and mortar!

Mind, what Sisu are purporting to build is not of bricks and mortar, but more of smoke and mirrors.

Sky Blue Kid

@ hill83....Keep up thick lad, the point is I don't ever recollect any other owners charging extortionate "Management fees" and having all debts "Dumped into the Football Club" do you?

Grendel

@ hill83....Keep up thick lad, the point is I don't ever recollect any other owners charging extortionate "Management fees" and having all debts "Dumped into the Football Club" do you?

Most businesses who are part of a group have management fees and there are some very well known clubs who have had debt piled onto them.

idm1975

Most businesses who are part of a group have management fees and there are some very well known clubs who have had debt piled onto them.

So SISU are just following the standard business mould for football club owners then?

How many of these other clubs have been moved by their owners?

hill83

Then why did you ask him if CCFC have ever owned their ground?

Sky Blue Kid

CCFC Ltd shows a total income in the year to 31 May 2011 of £10,267,7089 (2010, £9,291,108) an increase of just under £1 Million on the previous year, with Sponsorship, advertising, club shop & promotions contributing £6,341,808 (2010, £4,930,590) and match day receipts of £3,925,900 (2010, £4,360,518). CCFC Holdings Ltd has a total income in the year to 31 May 2011 of £4,478,157 (2010, £4,432,954), which is a small increase on the previous year, with sponsorship, advertising, club shop & promotions contributing £1,791,315 (2010, £1,663,196) and charging management fees of £2,686,842 (2010, £2,769,758). Who these management fees are paid to is not disclosed..........................................................................Just a snippet of the whole thing. If interested here's a link. http://aprisonofmeasuredtime.wordpr...try-city-and-sisu-capital-60-million-in-debt/

hill83

It is a ridiculous amount on management fees, and It's annoying that it isn't disclosed exactly what they are for.

bigfatronssba

I'll clarify the position.

Ccfc rented a ground in Coventry, during which time we saw average crowds of between 11k - 21k.

The future is ccfc renting a ground outside of Coventry where attendences at maximum will be 11k (once accounting for segregation).

Now many of us dont consider the future position to be worth 5 years in Northampton and the destruction of future fanbase.

Can you give me a reason to see the future differently?

Sky Blue Kid

@ hill83........It's something both you and Torchy can't help using..."SARCASM" It was a statement, stating the obvious.

Nick

Administrator
I'll clarify the position.

Ccfc rented a ground in Coventry, during which time we saw average crowds of between 11k - 21k.

The future is ccfc renting a ground outside of Coventry where attendences at maximum will be 11k (once accounting for segregation).

Now many of us dont consider the future position to be worth 5 years in Northampton and the destruction of future fanbase.

Can you give me a reason to see the future differently?

Yes, renting both so the issue isn't who owns the stadium it is the location and the capacity. Not who owns it surely?

Sky Blue Kid

hill83......It is a ridiculous amount on management fees, and It's annoying that it isn't disclosed exactly what they are for................................................................................................Well! poke me in the eye with a f**king blunt stick!!!...You actually see the light then do you?

Nick

Administrator
hill83......It is a ridiculous amount on management fees, and It's annoying that it isn't disclosed exactly what they are for................................................................................................Well! poke me in the eye with a f**king blunt stick!!!...You actually see the light then do you?

I think some people misunderstand sometimes. Just because people don't copy and paste the same in every thread with the same old boring stuff it doesn't mean they don't think it.

bigfatronssba

Yes, renting both so the issue isn't who owns the stadium it is the location and the capacity. Not who owns it surely?

Yes I agree, it doesn't matter who owns the ground so long as the club can benefit from it.

However that flies in the face of the sisu stance of needing to own it.

Also from the clubs point of view, 5 years of hell pass by to end up in the same situation we started in.

Godiva

Yes I agree, it doesn't matter who owns the ground so long as the club can benefit from it.

However that flies in the face of the sisu stance of needing to own it.

Also from the clubs point of view, 5 years of hell pass by to end up in the same situation we started in.

No - the point is it shouldn't matter to the fans who owns the ground.
But it does matter to the owners of the club (whoever that is) - it makes a huge difference in their ability to raise funds, be in control of income streams and gives freedom to add flexible terms between club and stadium.

Danceswithhorses

Surely the issue is, SISU say the football club should own the ground, and renting is not in the club's best interests.
But that's exactly what SISU will do if they buy the Ricoh ie rent it to the football club.
How can it be bad for the club when ACL are the leaseholders, but ok when (if) SISU own the Ricoh ?

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick...If your inference is my posts are boring, I would suggest you take a look at your own mate...A huge percentage of your posts/reply to posts, are apologist on behalf of SISU....For balance of course. Which in itself is boring to the extreme.

bigfatronssba

Surely the issue is, SISU say the football club should own the ground, and renting is not in the club's best interests.
But that's exactly what SISU will do if they buy the Ricoh ie rent it to the football club.
How can it be bad for the club when ACL are the leaseholders, but ok when (if) SISU own the Ricoh ?

Exactly

Godiva

No - the point is it shouldn't matter to the fans who owns the ground.
But it does matter to the owners of the club (whoever that is) - it makes a huge difference in their ability to raise funds, be in control of income streams and gives freedom to add flexible terms between club and stadium.

As for ACL ... the profit they make is not benefitting the club. If ACL was owned by SBS&L I would be happy and the present 'situaton' would never have emerged.

hill83

@ Nick...If your inference is my posts are boring, I would suggest you take a look at your own mate...A huge percentage of your posts/reply to posts, are apologist on behalf of SISU....For balance of course. Which in itself is boring to the extreme.

miss-the-point2.jpg

A good 95% of the time.

He's saying that just because some people (me) don't constantly go about saying SISU are scum etc, it doesn't mean we (I) don't think they have totally fucked the club up and are doing a shit job.

So in response to before, no, I've not 'just' seen the light.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread