Who should be the new manager? - Poll update. (1 Viewer)

Who will be next CCFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mark82

Seems to have been a long week and a half since Thorn has left the club. Just wondered who people now thought should take charge of the club going forward, and whether opinion has changed since the last poll.

Am expecting Wise to be top still but would be interested to see who else is now popular.

Have taken candidates from those at the top of the betting on oddschecker.com

theprince

Looking at that list i think Oh dear ! Can build a case for none of that lot. I still believe sisu will give it to Shaw and Carsley, it won't cost them money, money they ain't got by the way. All the others add to the wage bill and give no more assurances than Shaw/Carsley.

Astute

You said none of the above last time! Who would you have?

This is more or less the same list as last time :D

Is it who do we think we will get or who would we like to see as manager?

SkyBlueChris

Where's none of the above?

What an uninspiring bunch of journeymen.

i agree no option for other....but outta that list it HAS to b steve coterill i would dance naked on the half way line at the next home game if he was appointed on a 2 year or more basis!

never gunna happen best we can hope for is wise or sum fella simular cus most managers especially any working atm would want their own backroom staff!

Paxman II

None of those particularly. I'm having a tough time with myself but I'm thinking Mick McCarthy. We need a task master with vast experience who won't accept failure and will command respect at the club.

mark82

The intention was who do you think it should be, but realise I have put will be in the question.

The list itself is the main candidates in the eyes of the bookies as explained in the first post, and therefore those believed most likely. Personally with open choice I would have maybe gone for Uwe Rosler but he is seemingly not in the running.

CCFC_Charlie

None of those particularly. I'm having a tough time with myself but I'm thinking Mick McCarthy. We need a task master with vast experience who won't accept failure and will command respect at the club.

This the same Mick McCarthy that rejected Forest and has said he wants a Premier League job?...

mark82

I'd love McCarthy. Did a great job at Wolves and they have gone downhill since he left but I don't think he will come here. Would struggle with his wages too I suspect.

Martin180

Where's none of the above?

What an uninspiring bunch of journeymen.
Have to agree

And dont get this nonsense about Wise being a motivator , seems Poyet did all the work when they were in partnership .After he left Wise did nothing and has done nothing since

Martin180

i agree no option for other....but outta that list it HAS to b steve coterill i would dance naked on the half way line at the next home game if he was appointed on a 2 year or more basis!

never gunna happen best we can hope for is wise or sum fella simular cus most managers especially any working atm would want their own backroom staff!
I voted for Cotterill too , good record in the lower leagues and a proper motivator of players

Sky Blues

Who will be the next manager? Probably one of the first four on that list.
Who do I want as the next manager? None of the above, although there are a few choices there that aren't terrible.

mark82

I see from the other thread your choices are Redknapp or Curbishley. Probably not realistic candidates to be honest, but would love either of them.

@richh87

Are you shitting me? The guy is a massive tw@t.

@richh87

I voted for Cotterill too , good record in the lower leagues and a proper motivator of players

Forest hated him. Awful style of football with the Forest fans singing protest songs about the awful style of football under him at the away game last season.

Their squad was far too good to be in that relegation battle.

If anyone wants to check what kind of a guy he is, look up the post match interviews from when we beat Pompey 2-0 at home and 3-0 away two years ago. The bitter arsehole said they were clearly the better team in both games. In the 2-0 Pompey didn't have a shot on goal til the last minute which hit the post.

Bad sportsman and bitter loser.

Astute

I see from the other thread your choices are Redknapp or Curbishley. Probably not realistic candidates to be honest, but would love either of them.

Yes they are the managers I would love us to get. Offer them 10% of a worthless club and a small wage. They could get us back to back promotions, giving our club a lot bigger value. SISU could then sell for a profit. We would have a club to be proud of again. Everyone wins.

Astute

Are you having a laugh?

He spent a lot of money at his last club. If he never got sacked Forest would be in Div3 with us.

Astute

Sorry Astute, but I would never want Redknapp having any financial involvement in Cov. I'd better not say any more than that.

He was found not guilty. SOSU would admire him, but not let him near the finances. They won't let anyone near the finances but themselves.

Name a manager that is unemployed and would do better than either of them.

Paxman II

Careful guys what you say on Harry. I know him well. The only dishonesty is the part the press play. ;)

Sky Blues

If Redknapp or Curbishley decided they wanted to take on the challenge of getting Coventry up with no budget, the existing coaching staff and on a similar pay packet (I assume) to Thorn I would welcome them. I just can't see it happening though. I don't object to your suggestion of Curbishley being offered a stake in the club to manage it, but I don't think that'll happen either.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Whats Steve Coppell up to now days? last I heard he had some sort of gig at Crawley but not sure if he is still there

Astute

If Redknapp or Curbishley decided they wanted to take on the challenge of getting Coventry up with no budget, the existing coaching staff and on a similar pay packet (I assume) to Thorn I would welcome them. I just can't see it happening though. I don't object to your suggestion of Curbishley being offered a stake in the club to manage it, but I don't think that'll happen either.

I don't think it will happen, but they would be my choice.

The idea of offering them a bit of our club would be the sweetener to get them here cheaply. We don't have the cash to get a good manager. I would like to see a poll with these two on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread