Who is to blame? (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

I think Anderson is more of an issue than people think. Look at the amount of contradictions between mowbary and Anderson. It's not good
Not forgetting differences between Anderson and Seppala, He says we will have same budget in this league next year but how when she says breakeven figure is 14000 not 11000. I'm guessing but I would think both Mowbray and Venus have lost a lot of clout having a new CEO in charge. Just throwing this out there but do they even want us to go up, does it suit the model of a self funding club ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The Lurker

7 weeks since the original thread I started. Opinions changed?

Since I started the thread we've played 10 games and won once and lost 6. Clearly something has happened

st john

I know I'm not going to be popular for this but, should some of us share some of the blame?
for:

Calling some of the players shit, and not fit to wear a sky blue shirt.

Giving up all hope of anything positive when we lose a game.

Booing players off the pitch when they have a bad game.

Something has clearly destroyed the confidence of some of the players.

Samo

I know I'm not going to be popular for this but, should some of us share some of the blame?
for:

...and supporting them in larger numbers than almost every team in the division.

st john

...and supporting them in larger numbers than almost every team in the division.

I agree with that but what I am looking at is what might have destroyed their confidence, and possibly even made some of them think they can't wait to get away. I'm thinking Murphy, Ricketts, RCC, Fortune, Maddison, Cole, have all suffered some kind of abuse, how would you feel about it if it was happening to you, considering as well the age of some of them.

Edit: add Phillips and Fleck to the list

Last edited:

Samo

I agree with that but what I am looking at is what might have destroyed their confidence, and possibly even made some of them think they can't wait to get away. I'm thinking Murphy, Ricketts, RCC, Fortune, Maddison, Cole, have all suffered some kind of abuse, how would you feel about it if it was happening to you, considering as well the age of some of them.

Edit: add Phillips and Fleck to the list

Well yes... I don't agree with getting on players backs full stop. Counter-productive and unpleasant.

Super Graham Withey

Mowbray has made mistakes in the transfer market in recent months and has probably been too rigid in sticking to his passing football philosophy. However, the sale of James Maddison and the two to three month lead up to this has disrupted this season. Not so much in terms of what James Maddison brings to the team but in terms of behind the scenes wrangling about where the proceeds from the Maddison transfer have been/will be reinvested. Tony Mowbray likes to build football teams, is he at the right club if he wants to do this? Probably not and he knows it.

Hadji10

When has Mowbray ever 'built' a side.

We need to realise where we are, we are league one. If premier league teams want our players there's sod all we can do about it.

Super Graham Withey

I don't know about the past but I think he wants to build a team here. And yes, we can't keep hold of the likes of James Maddison agreed, but it's about how we reinvest the proceeds from his sale.

stupot07

for:

No, we the fans aren't to blame for the team only winning 4 of their last 23 games.

The booing the team off has only happened once or twice this season and that has been the last couoke of hone games and the poor form has been going since we beat Gillingham in November. The booing has been a consequence of the poor form, not the reason for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

singers_pore

Maddison never asked for a transfer. CA started trying to sell JM even before Xmas which was. going against TM's advice and JM was happy to stay too because he thought that CCFC would be good for his development.

Grendel

Maddison never asked for a transfer. CA started trying to sell JM even before Xmas which was. going against TM's advice and JM was happy to stay too because he thought that CCFC would be good for his development.

In the end though Anderson was right to sell him for £3 million upfront wasn't he?

Thank god he overruled Mowbray

Users who are viewing this thread