Who is to blame? (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

For our 3 month downfall? Since we went top it's going downhill. Barnsley were 22 points behind us 3 months ago. Tuesday they could be level on points with us. How did this happen? Who is to blame?

Anderson?
Mowbary?
Players?
Mixture of all 3?

hill83

They are on a ridiculous run. Selective selection to make a point.
I'll humour you anyway. Spongbob SquarePants is to blame.

covhead1

Sponge bob ffs.
Every player for city was to blame. They were a joke.. A fuckin pathetic joke.
I've been a supporter of tm but after todays lack of effort i don't know if i think he can do it for us. I hope i am wrong but time will tell.
PUSB

wingy

I'm not so sure.
The Barnsley home game started the slide, albeit we won, yet nearly didn't.
We actually Kickstand Barnsleys recent run

steveecov

Being top of the league; reading and hearing that they are the best team in the league.

Hoping that if they drop out of top six, it focuses minds and that collectively they pull together as one and realise that getting out of this league is in no way assured.

Organised teams can see how we are set up and unfortunately we are so predictable; and at times a soft touch.

Even if we do hang onto play off place, I feel an inform side will deny us promotion. Sorry about that but....

FFS City, nobody is going to give you anything; you've got to work hard to make it happen.

mark82

It's a fair point though. Something has disrupted the rhythm. On current form we'll likely finish mid table.

torchomatic

Anderson for some reason he just annoys me.
He was hanging around in our block today talking to a few people and taking pictures on his phone.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

It's simple really, once you are top, there is only one direction to go. Watch Burton drop when Wigan overtake them.

Last edited:

Gazolba

I think it is 4 wins in 17 games since Anderson arrived.

A lot of babies have been born in the UK since Anderson arrived as well. I wonder if he is to blame for that?

Chipfat

The club is a mess on and off the field and even if we string a few results together it should not mask to state we are in, promotion brings a whole new batch of problems that we are not capable of solving. Too many players out of contract, too many on loan who will not care enough about how our clubs ends the season, its just a shop window and experience for them.

So although the players take the blame for results the club has to take a fair share for placing the club in its current state, it really does allow any thought's of progression within the squad to die with lack of long term ambition being shown. We are still in 6th place and can still do well when compared to league finishes over the last 20 years or so. I just worry about where we are going as a club and the lack of desire we show towards progression.

I also didn't see remarks about Maddison performance when we won against Bury or bringing his transfer into postings, but i suppose a teenager has a bad game in a poor team performance will validate someones opinion that selling him is good business. We are a nowhere club, going nowhere fast, we are just hanging in and that's is the saddest thing, not form, results or players performance.

Last edited:

singers_pore

The club is a mess on and off the field and even if we string a few results together it should not mask to state we are in, promotion brings a whole new batch of problems that we are not capable of solving. Too many players out of contract or on loan not to care enough about how our clubs ends the season, its just a shop window and experience for them.

So although the players take the blame for results the club has to take a fair share of placing the club in its current state, which allows any thought of progression to die with lack of long term ambition. We are still in 6th place and can still do well when compared to league finishes over the last 20 years or so. I just worry about where we are going as a club and the lack of desire we show towards progression.

I also didn't see remarks about Maddison performance when we won against Bury or bringing his transfer into postings, but i suppose a teenager has a bad game in a poor team performance will validate someones opinion that selling him is good business. We are a nowhere club going nowhere fast, thats is the saddest thing, not form, results or players performance.

Absolutely. What's even sadder is when the fans continually blame manager after manager after manager and player after player after player without pointing a finger at the owner and her succession of yes men CEOs.

There is no question that the spirit and fight of the team and its management has dissipated over the last two months. Yes, they are professional sportsmen and should always try their best but they are also human and they respond to the environment in which they work.

The reality of running any business is that when the people at the top of the organization are clueless, the organization as a whole becomes dysfunctional from top to bottom. CCFC will never have prolonged success on the field until it gets things right off the field.

For the naysayers (Nick et al.) please name a single organization that has clueless ownership and yet which operates as a successful enterprise.

rupert_bear

On the field look to the loss of pace and direction of our right side, yes Ryan Kent was frustrating and nieve at times but what an outlet he was which occupied opposing defences giving space for Armstrong and Murphy to do their bit. I could be a cynic and wonder if Anderson hasn't helped in recruiting a replacement but then we have Andy Rose who although not really a winger does give a bit of width, height and pace but never picked, that's down to the manager

Otis

On the field look to the loss of pace and direction of our right side, yes Ryan Kent was frustrating and nieve at times but what an outlet he was which occupied opposing defences giving space for Armstrong and Murphy to do their bit. I could be a cynic and wonder if Anderson hasn't helped in recruiting a replacement but then we have Andy Rose who although not really a winger does give a bit of width, height and pace but never picked, that's down to the manager
Big factor I think.

If you recall, in the transfer window TM said we just missed out on a wide player and then the budget dictated we could no longer bring one in.

We have been desperate for someone who can go down the wing and get the ball into the box.

Something seriously has to change now, because we are so inconsistent.

Otis

I just looked. At Christmas we were 2 points behind Walsall in 1st place and also 2 points Burton in 2 place.

As it stand now we are 12 points behind Burton in 1st place and 10 points behind Wigan in 2nd place. That is one hell of a fall from grace. Burton have been stuttering too, so it could have been much worse.

Have only seen a snippet of what TM has said in his post match, but this is the first time I have been really annoyed with his comments. He usually says it as it is and I thought he would have come out and said how that performance was not acceptable.

'We huffed and we puffed but we couldn't quite blow their house down!'

Couldn't quite? Seriously? How about 'Never, ever looked likely to!'

How much did their keeper have to do? Wasn't it just one save all game?

Covstu

We were saying the same thing yesterday, it's a bit of Peter ndlovu syndrome. He frustrated the hell out the fans but his pace and trickery caused havoc with defenses and created space for other players to capitalise

Sick Boy

Absolutely. What's even sadder is when the fans continually blame manager after manager after manager and player after player after player without pointing a finger at the owner and her succession of yes men CEOs.

There is no question that the spirit and fight of the team and its management has dissipated over the last two months. Yes, they are professional sportsmen and should always try their best but they are also human and they respond to the environment in which they work.

The reality of running any business is that when the people at the top of the organization are clueless, the organization as a whole becomes dysfunctional from top to bottom. CCFC will never have prolonged success on the field until it gets things right off the field.

For the naysayers (Nick et al.) please name a single organization that has clueless ownership and yet which operates as a successful enterprise.

Questions have long been asked of SISU's employees, yet that doesn't quite fit your rant.

SISU can be classed as successful, sadly ccfc will just be a small part of the overall portfolio.

Otis

TM has also said in his post match that Fleetwood might be in a false position. Well they've been in a false position for many months then.

I've looked back month on month and they pretty much always been in or around the bottom 4.

Maybe it's us who's in the false position.

Sick Boy

Something will need to drastically change if we are to even make the plat offs.

Ahhh...the comfort of 17th.

Sick Boy

The amount of contradictions between mowbary and Anderson has been mind boggling. As if the two don't speak. That's got to be a cause of concern surely?

Yes but I wouldn't say it has caused our slump, much in the same way he wasn't responsible for winning 6.0.

If we gain promotion then does this mean the likes of Anderson and Fisher should be applauded?

The Lurker

Yes but I wouldn't say it has caused our slump, much in the same way he wasn't responsible for winning 6.0.

If we gain promotion then does this mean the likes of Anderson and Fisher should be applauded?

So what is it then because you can't go from being top of league and spanking teams for fun to a side like yesterday who looked so lacklustre and no ideas.

You talking of promotion? Be lucky to make the playoffs at this rate.

Otis

So what is it then because you can't go from being top of league and spanking teams for fun to a side like yesterday who looked so lacklustre and no ideas.

Our two best 'spankings' though are Crewe 5-0 and Bury 6-0 and Anderson was here for both of those.

The Lurker

Our two best 'spankings' though are Crewe 5-0 and Bury 6-0 and Anderson was here for both of those.

And? What about the other 15 matches where we won only two of them. You can spank a team doesn't mean you get more points does it? Something needs to change otherwise will finish mid table

Sick Boy

No idea, I'd start looking at the manager and team before blaming others.

Otis

And? What about the other 15 matches where we won only two of them. You can spank a team doesn't mean you get more points does it? Something needs to change otherwise will finish mid table
Yeah, but you are talking about spanking teams for fun. To my mind we have done that 4 times. Millwall 4-0, Gillingham 4-1 and then Crewe and Bury.

That's 2 spankings without Anderson and 2 with.

Let's not paint a false picture here.

The Lurker

No idea, I'd start looking at the manager and team before blaming others.

The same team and manager who lead us to top of the league only a few months ago? Something isn't right at the club whether it's on the pitch or off. It needs to be eradicated and quickly

The Lurker

Yeah, but you are talking about spanking teams for fun. To my mind we have done that 4 times. Millwall 4-0, Gillingham 4-1 and then Crewe and Bury.

That's 2 spankings without Anderson and 2 with.

Let's not paint a false picture here.

False picture? I'm saying it as it is. We've won 4 from 17. We've dropped from top to 6th in 3 months and face a team Tuesday who we were 22 points ahead off only 90 days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread