Who is Grendel ? (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Knowledgeable about the financial side of things and a bit on UK history clearly a bright guy, that enjoys both light hearted and dark-bittered wind up. Let's himself down hugely with his hatred of left of centre women MPs/ and zenophobic towards all our neighbours....Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France. He loves a personal vendetta, and wish I had a pound for all the times he acts like a bully and mentions GA. His hysterical defence of Boris, the Tory party, GB news, anti-vaxxers, Sir Niggle Garage, Brexit, Russia, Trump, ReesMogg, tax avoiders is where his comedy talent shines through best . Comes across overly defensive and never understood his propensity to enjoy deliberately trying to antagonise upset and embarrass fellow cov fans...that's just weird. Not sure he truly believes most of the crap he spouts. Not actually sure he is that interested in football or CCFC and I think he still doesn't appreciate all that Mark Robins has achieved.

giphy.gif

rob9872

I'm kind of with Nick here, I don't think threads on individual posters are a good thing.

Personally though, just to offer the alternative view, I think he's an unnecessarily unpleasant and endlessly arrogant low level troll.

He rarely posts more than a couple of sentences, and then usually deflects or resorts to scattergun personal attacks when pinned on detail.

Reminds me of Boris, now I think of it, unpleasant chap who tries to hide behind a thin veneer of intellect. Stays on 'ignore', for me I'm afraid.

Edit: Should add, other opinions may differ, which is absolutely fine. I'm sure plenty of people don't much care for me either!
Imo the point of a forum is to debate opposing ideas and he's one of only a few to offer that alternative viewpoint. If all we seek is an affirmation of our own opinion from strangers on the internet, then life really would be as empty as the seemingly desired echo chamber.

duffer

Imo the point of a forum is to debate opposing ideas and he's one of only a few to offer that alternative viewpoint. If all we seek is an affirmation of our own opinion from strangers on the internet, then life really would be as empty as the seemingly desired echo chamber.

It's not about offering an alternative viewpoint, I'm entirely open to that and I agree that it drives debate.

It's about the way that he goes about it, which is generally a brief, pithy comment, typically followed by a long period of deflection and the usual insults, all offered in a similar tone.

Personally I find it a bit tiring and wholly unnecessary, and I think the only person who enjoys it is him. Hence, I don't bother engaging with him any more.

Others differ, which is absolutely fine.

Hobo

With Grendel you sort of know what you are going to get each week. If you tracked Grendel down and pulled the mask off he would probably turn out to be just a janitor..... like the villains in Scooby Doo

Last edited:

Grendel

With Grenfel you sort of know what you are going to get each week. If you tracked Grendel down and pulled the mask off he would probably turn out to be just a janitor..... like the villains in Scooby Doo

Says the bloke who named himself as a tramp

Grendel

Take it down if it offends anyone

tskezz

I'm kind of with Nick here, I don't think threads on individual posters are a good thing.

Personally though, just to offer the alternative view, I think he's an unnecessarily unpleasant and endlessly arrogant low level troll.
I don't think commenting on someone is nice, but here's my comment on them

duffer

I don't think commenting on someone is nice, but here's my comment on them

Didn't make any comment as to whether it was nice or not. Just said I could see what Nick was getting at. The 'nice' thing is entirely in your head.

I thought it was worth adding my opinion, especially since others differ.

WestEndAgro

Grendull is Nick, surely it's obvious to one and all, I've never seen them in the same room

Finham

This person is obviously an experienced pundit with a wealth of football knowledge having spent many years in the professional game. Seems to disagree with the majority of those posting on this forum.... or is he just controversial on purpose to wind people up ? The word "ego" springs to mind.
I'm going to have a guess...is it Harry Haslam?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

My guess is a coventry city fan who clearly has a love for the club but shows it in his own way as we all do, otherwise why else do we turn up to games (other than the odd dickhead who yells at Sheaf all game)

Users who are viewing this thread