Who is Grendel ? (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

This person is obviously an experienced pundit with a wealth of football knowledge having spent many years in the professional game. Seems to disagree with the majority of those posting on this forum.... or is he just controversial on purpose to wind people up ? The word "ego" springs to mind.

Samo

This person is obviously an experienced pundit with a wealth of football knowledge having spent many years in the professional game. Seems to disagree with the majority of those posting on this forum.... or is he just controversial on purpose to wind people up ? The word "ego" springs to mind.

An ego which you have just spoon fed. :rolleyes:

Gynnsthetonic

I'm Grendal
giphy.gif

DannyThomas_1981

I wonder what @DannyThomas_1981 opinion on this is!

Well since you ask procdoc....!

I will try to be balanced.

My honest take is that his knowledge of what is happening on the pitch isn't the best (to be fair most of us including myself pretend to understand far more as to what is happening on the pitch than we actually do), his sometimes vindictive targeting of players he doesn't like doesn't do him any favours (probably the biggest problem I have with him), and the ongoing need to doubt Robins after a couple of defeats - it's sometimes painful. As is the fact that he can never see another viewpoint but he's not the only one - just more extreme.

On the other hand, it's excellent that he doesn't resort to personal abuse of other posters - a lesson for quite a few of us there - myself included. And he's clearly passionate about the club and knows a lot about the history which is very impressive. And I don't think he's adopting a persona or even trying to be controversial - he believes in what he says. And from time to time his responses are very intelligent and make me laugh - he should use that humour more. So kudos all round to Grendel for that.

He must be an interesting character in real life!

bawtryneal

Would still like to meet up for a beer one night as believe he likes a couple of beers and same music as me !

SkyBlueCharlie9

Knowledgeable about the financial side of things and a bit on UK history clearly a bright guy, that enjoys both light hearted and dark-bittered wind up. Let's himself down hugely with his hatred of left of centre women MPs/ and zenophobic towards all our neighbours....Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France. He loves a personal vendetta, and wish I had a pound for all the times he acts like a bully and mentions GA. His hysterical defence of Boris, the Tory party, GB news, anti-vaxxers, Sir Niggle Garage, Brexit, Russia, Trump, ReesMogg, tax avoiders is where his comedy talent shines through best . Comes across overly defensive and never understood his propensity to enjoy deliberately trying to antagonise upset and embarrass fellow cov fans...that's just weird. Not sure he truly believes most of the crap he spouts. Not actually sure he is that interested in football or CCFC and I think he still doesn't appreciate all that Mark Robins has achieved.

Sick Boy

Knowledgeable about the financial side of things and a bit on UK history clearly a bright guy, that enjoys both light hearted and dark-bittered wind up. Let's himself down hugely with his hatred of left of centre women MPs/ and zenophobic towards all our neighbours....Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France. He loves a personal vendetta, and wish I had a pound for all the times he acts like a bully and mentions GA. His hysterical defence of Boris, the Tory party, GB news, anti-vaxxers, Sir Niggle Garage, Brexit, Russia, Trump, ReesMogg, tax avoiders is where his comedy talent shines through best . Comes across overly defensive and never understood his propensity to enjoy deliberately trying to antagonise upset and embarrass fellow cov fans...that's just weird. Not sure he truly believes most of the crap he spouts. Not actually sure he is that interested in football or CCFC and I think he still doesn't appreciate all that Mark Robins has achieved.
He’s been one of the biggest critics of anti-vaxxers on the covid threads.

duffer

I'm kind of with Nick here, I don't think threads on individual posters are a good thing.

Personally though, just to offer the alternative view, I think he's an unnecessarily unpleasant and endlessly arrogant low level troll.

He rarely posts more than a couple of sentences, and then usually deflects or resorts to scattergun personal attacks when pinned on detail.

Reminds me of Boris, now I think of it, unpleasant chap who tries to hide behind a thin veneer of intellect. Stays on 'ignore', for me I'm afraid.

Edit: Should add, other opinions may differ, which is absolutely fine. I'm sure plenty of people don't much care for me either!

Last edited:

Grendel

I'm kind of with Nick here, I don't think threads on individual posters are a good thing.

Personally though, just to offer the alternative view, I think he's an unnecessarily unpleasant and endlessly arrogant low level troll.

He rarely posts more than a couple of sentences, and then usually deflects or resorts to scattergun personal attacks when pinned on detail.

Reminds me of Boris, now I think of it, unpleasant chap who tries to hide behind a thin veneer of intellect. Stays on 'ignore', for me I'm afraid.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread