who is going sixfields for the crewe game !! (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

Yes thanks at Highfield Road where Dad was a Vice President and the ricoh, saw Elton John and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers who were both excellent (except Elton didn't do a rendition of Goodbye Highfield Road - missed a trick there mate). Went to Wembley for both the Cup Final and the Charity Shield as well as the games leading up to them. I saw the last match at Highfield Road, and the first match at our new home at the Ricoh something my dad sadly didn't as he died.

Despite nearly forty years of support for the club there is no way I'm going to home games in Sixfields, Northampton.
Ditto.

Grendel

I know you are not telling the truth as i cannot remember how many over the years i have watched, so i now must assume you have not been to any games.

Well it isn't to hard is it? First Game 1971 against Man Utd - 1-1 draw Brian Alderson scored the Coventry goal.
Next season 1972 was the first season ticket -- we bit Spurs on the opening day with Mick Coop scoring the goal. Season ticket ever since other than one season when I still attended most games. So 41 seasons times 22 games plus cup matches - average 2 cup games and we are up to 984.

Hardly rocket science.

Grendel

Realy name the great matches you went to.

Tell you want as your such a big fan -- we'll do an on-line quiz. Each has ten questions from an independant on here How about it?

Here's a couple of questions to initially assess your knowledge depth;

Which player once scored a hat trick on the opening and last game of a season for CCFC in the seventies?
Which centre half was a free transfer from Nottingham Forest in 1974?
Which midfielder player in the 90's now owns a caravan park and still plays football for a non league team?

Go on you know them all don't you?

Well it isn't to hard is it? First Game 1971 against Man Utd - 1-1 draw Brian Alderson scored the Coventry goal.
Next season 1972 was the first season ticket -- we bit Spurs on the opening day with Mick Coop scoring the goal. Season ticket ever since other than one season when I still attended most games. So 41 seasons times 22 games plus cup matches - average 2 cup games and we are up to 984.

Hardly rocket science.
It is good luck you do not study rocket science as they would all be shot down, any one can look up stats and then use them, but you made a mistake 22 teams in the old 1st division which means 21 home games as city cannot play themselves as any football fan will know. Very few supporters will remember who scored in the first match all those years ago unless they are looking it up on the internet.Guess what i can find out who scored in the first match i went to.

Tell you want as your such a big fan -- we'll do an on-line quiz. Each has ten questions from an independant on here How about it?

Here's a couple of questions to initially assess your knowledge depth;

Which player once scored a hat trick on the opening and last game of a season for CCFC in the seventies?
Which centre half was a free transfer from Nottingham Forest in 1974?
Which midfielder player in the 90's now owns a caravan park and still plays football for a non league team?

Go on you know them all don't you?

You are so sad looking up all this information on the internet, you have no memories of the great matches you have not been to, i have my great memories like all true city supporters.

dadgad

Why, when nothing's changed some new mug try to flog Sixfields?

Until City play their home games in the city that bears its name nothing will.

Hobo

Why would I suddenly want to go to Sixfields. SISU aren't even trying to negotiate a deal!!

Grendel

You are so sad looking up all this information on the internet, you have no memories of the great matches you have not been to, i have my great memories like all true city supporters.

You couldn't look it up on the Internet especially one and three without knowing they existed you idiot.

I also disagree I think most would remember their first game.

Interesting also you and certain others never join in any football type discussions - why aren't you on say the thread about ex Scottish players and making a contribution.

You'll see many, many posts on football related matters from me - nome from you - why is that I wonder?

skybluetony176

never ever, unless its a real away fixture in a cup game.

just too add. you could have made your OP 2 questions. 2nd question, how many there on Saturday who go/have gone to sixfields wont go back now they remember what a real ccfc crowd is like.

Last edited:

covhead1

Like many others here, you'll never find me at sixfields for a cov home game

NEVER NEVER NEVER

Ashdown1

No thanks pal, Saturday was superb and like the good old days in many respects but Saturday/Sunday in Northampton is tantamount to a 'Non Fixture date' so I'll once again revert to watching Coventry Rugby who this weekend had a fantastic win away at monied Esher and sit joint 2nd in the table. Big crowd expected at the BPA as Cov play top side Rosslyn Park and I'd rather keep my cash in my home city !!

magic82ball

How do you know he hasn't?

Nick, there is one protagonist in this wind up and yet you, AGAIN, side with the wum! do you have some sort of an agenda because for an administrator you aint half sympathetic to the wums.

You couldn't look it up on the Internet especially one and three without knowing they existed you idiot.

Interesting also you and certain others never join in any football type discussions - why aren't you on say the thread about ex Scottish players and making a contribution.

You'll see many, many posts on football related matters from me - nome from you - why is that I wonder?

Because i have a life.

Also i am busy getting on with my life and any spare time i have is spent going to watch the sky blues and the only reason i am on here is because i am not going to northampton.

Users who are viewing this thread