Who’s more loyal ... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Can I ask why we need to label fans as more or less loyal than others?

We all support CCFC and everyone will have many reasons for going or not going. We should encourage as many people as we can go to go to games...even if they go to one game a season then so be it.

The truth is, we need as many fans as possible. There shouldn’t be any social tiering of fans on any level. ST holders put more money into the club and should be commended for doing so for we should welcome anyone to the club, even if it’s one game a season.

Levels of loyalty is just a dick waving exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bennosdancingfeet

Totally agree, the OP was not about dick waving.

Take my mate at work, does every home and away, even uses his holiday entitlement for the midweek games. What I find crazy is he didn’t go up in the good old days, started following about 3 seasons ago and he’s in his late 40’s. most would say loyalty to the core.... I say mental .

Astute

Well that’s it. I love the away atmosphere. The overall experience is better win lose or draw. Like a mini adventure with your mates. Going the Ricoh is on par with watching the reserves back in the day. I am changing my mind a little due to us having a manager who I think will do well. Problem is love all sports, footy being my preferred choice but made a pact with 2 friends that if we don’t get promoted this season and cov rugby team do (which is highly likely) we are getting rugby season tickets next season.
And here is the problem. A home game where we are all spread out. Doesn't help the atmosphere. Pub crawl in pubs you have been to hundreds of times. Looking at Wasps signs. Away games. Great camaraderie. Pubs full of us together. The occasional scrape or unexpected event. All singing together. Totally different day out. And it doesn't have to be expensive. I love going by supporters coach. I would go more but it takes me hours to get to Coventry. But the average cost is only about £15. And considering the extra cost against the level of enjoyment of the day I can never understand why we have so many who only do home games.

All I can think is that those questioning why away over home games don't do away themselves. I don't do lots of games each season. I do what I can. I go to both. But nearly all my football memories are to do with away games. I understand that we need to support our club with money. But for most of the time it is cash to our club against having fun each game.

Following a football club should be fun. It should be entertaining. How often can that be said at the Ricoh?

play_in_skyblue_stripes

It depends what you class as loyal?
I was a season ticket holder for 30 years, never missed a home game and went to 90% of the away games. Unfortunately circumstances changed and I can no longer afford to go to any games :-(. I listen religiously on the radio when in Cov and when at my parents in Devon I follow on the website.
Does that mean I'm disloyal now because of my circumstances?????

I agree with your sentiment. Peoples circumstances change and also the price of going to games and transport has changed enormously. My personal opionion is "Loyalty" should be to your family and yourself rather than a football club.I am sure you are still a very keen supporter despite the terrible ownership of Coventry City and league ranking.
You are very "loyal" in my view.
I met someone last week who told me they have been to every Manchester City competitive game for last 25 years). Some recent major highs of course but was it really worth the cost and effort?

Seamus1

An online dictionary defines loyalty as 'faithful adherence to a sovereign, government, leader, cause, etc.' For me, the key word is 'faithful'. To have faith in one you are purportedly loyal to, implies trust and belief in their aims and objectives. Therefore, one can argue that those who boycott home games for the NOPM cause are not showing faith in the organisation's assertions that ticket revenue goes to the club to fund wages, transfers, academy etc.

Those who only attend away games due to personal circumstance are of course faithful. However, in my humble opinion, the 'more loyal' are those who believe and act upon what the club are saying...that is also of course not to say that any fan is not loyal in his or her own respective right.

This post is not meant as a way to cause division or ire. This is just my opinion.

Covstu

Anyone that attends our games either home and away has to be classed as loyal. I don't get the 5/6 extra tickets for away games but I think its highlighting the fact that ST holders have preference for committing their money from the start.

In a few weeks time, hopefully we will have thousands of school kids and parents visiting the Ricoh which may rope some of them in or for the people who cannot afford it a good day out. Good enough for me.

Malaka

I have four season tickets. When I cant go, no one wants them. Yet when we have a big games loads come out of the woodwork, can you get me a ticket etc. Two per ticket is plenty

Users who are viewing this thread