Who’s more loyal ... (1 Viewer)

Bennosdancingfeet

just a debate I’ve had at work. Regarding the ticket situation for MK and future big games.

Now, I only do away games, usually about 90% of them and the ones I don’t get too are because it’s a small allocation and ST holders get first dibs and rightly so.

Would it be wrong for me to suggest that away fans are possibly more loyal than a ST holder as they are forking out much more money over a season, possibly 6 away games will cost you the same price as a ST.

I’m not saying for one minute who is the more loyal fan but the argument was, who’s more deserving of a ticket when demand is high? Someone who spends considerably more travelling the country supporting the team or someone who attends home games?

I’m not NOPM or anything like that, I choose not to go the Ricoh as I think it’s an extremely boring waste of time, with zero atmosphere but have no qualms with the ppl that do go .

Nick

Administrator
Both are loyal. Doesn't really matter does it?

And obviously club will prioritise ST holders because the club gets ST revenue and not revenue from away tickets (except in FA Cup).
That's the thing and it's why they get priority. Same with match packages etc.

Pretty obvious really.

Sky Blue Harry H

I agree with you, I don’t think the rules should change. I’m just saying, who’s more loyal? Obviously both loyal .

You're more loyal, Benno - if you came to the Ricoh as well and put on a 'Dancing Feet' display as well to liven up the atmosphere. you'd be extra loyal, and I'd throw a 50p in any collection bucket for you - it would pay for your ticket, and the odd away trip (obviously only if your dancing feet are up to scratch)

christonabike

Surely the home fans as they are putting money into the club keeping it going as the away only fans are scabs who feed other clubs not their own.:woot:

Lol as_brian_ would say!

Old Warwickshire lad

Nobody's more loyal. Everyone who hasn't completely given up on the shitshow of a club by now is on the same level of loyalty/insanity.
:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

rob9872

Not sure I agree with much of this. I'm going to MK Dons but will only be my 2nd away trip of the entire season. Just because I watch home games I don't see why I should be able to get a ticket for the odd game that I choose to attend at the expense of someone who travels to every other away game. Perhaps they need to offer away season tickets (perhaps they already do, I don't know?) and that they count equal to home ones as I'm sure the op is in a minority and most away fans will already be ST holders and unaffected.

However ... really looking forward to MK so you can't have my ticket and you'll have to watch SW88 on here like the rest of us do most weeks that we're away or listen to CWR and their inane drivel :)

torchomatic

I think ST holders deserve priority, however, I don't think it should be multiple tickets per ST holder.

Yeah, I agree with that. For MK and for FGR I just got one for me and one for my son. Being allowed six per STH or something similar is ridiculous. It's enough of a perk having first chance to get tickets.

skybluesam66

i think 2 per STH is the right number - which is what Forest green was
and then further allowed on general sale

there is a simple answer if you are missing tickets to the big games!

greys4life

just a debate I’ve had at work. Regarding the ticket situation for MK and future big games.

Would it be wrong for me to suggest that away fans are possibly more loyal than a ST holder as they are forking out much more money over a season, possibly 6 away games will cost you the same price as a ST.

I’m not saying for one minute who is the more loyal fan but the argument was, who’s more deserving of a ticket when demand is high? Someone who spends considerably more travelling the country supporting the team or someone who attends home games?

That implies that ST holders dont go to away games, I imagine, like me and the guys I go with, do both. Weird as that may seem to you, so who's the most 'deserving' then?

Adge

i think 2 per STH is the right number - which is what Forest green was
and then further allowed on general sale

there is a simple answer if you are missing tickets to the big games!
Yes-get a mate with a season ticket to get them for you!:emoji_thumbsup:

Astute

I'm not loyal. I miss most home games and miss most away games. But I go when I can. It would be nice to get a ticket for MK. But those who put more money into our club should get priority.

I am in the club of 'Should be divorced by now'. So far this season I left the wife at a get together in Coventry on my side of the family and went to Yeovil. I rearranged us coming home from being in Scotland so I could go to Carlisle leaving the wife and kids with nothing to do. And this week I called my wife from near Exeter when she thought I was nearly home. She had organised going out with friends. Not my fault that Exeter is about 330 miles away and that I couldn't go home as there was a game I had to watch :smuggrin:

I think I deserve a ticket for my bravery.

letsallsingtogether

No extra priority should be given to away tickets. All it's doing is providing cash for rivals.
If the game is going to sell out wouldn't make a differance jjustust get more sold on general sale.
But they could make it one extra per ST and then a further 2 when brought with a home game ticket for any game.

Liquid Gold

If the game is going to sell out wouldn't make a differance jjustust get more sold on general sale.
But they could make it one extra per ST and then a further 2 when brought with a home game ticket for any game.
So season ticket holders have to sit on their own if they go to games with people who aren't season ticket holders?

RoboCCFC90

Now, I only do away games, usually about 90% of them and the ones I don’t get too are because it’s a small allocation and ST holders get first dibs and rightly so.

I’m not NOPM or anything like that, I choose not to go the Ricoh as I think it’s an extremely boring waste of time, with zero atmosphere but have no qualms with the ppl that do go .

Can I ask, what would make you come back to the Ricoh, I know I have deviated from the loyal/unloyal topic?

The atmosphere isn't great at the minute, however that would only be improved by more fans getting through the door - it worked well for the FA Cup game against Stoke as an example.

Obviously the Club need to take some responsibility for this as the ST prices at the beginning of the season weren't great, but fans need to be coming home and watching the team play.

It's great we are selling out on the road for every game, but we need to bring that atmosphere back to the Ricoh, where it counts the most!

letsallsingtogether

So season ticket holders have to sit on their own if they go to games with people who aren't season ticket holders?
No that is not what I said.
I said you could give ST holders 1 extra and a further 2 if they are brought with a home ticket. That makes 4 but the club get extra revenue from 2 home tickets.
Ether way it doesn't matter to me have always been able to get a ticket for the games I wanted to go to.
Even had 2 extra for the 87 final ;)

Liquid Gold

No that is not what I said.
I said you could give ST holders 1 extra and a further 2 if they are brought with a home ticket. That makes 4 but the club get extra revenue from 2 home tickets.
Ether way it doesn't matter to me have always been able to get a ticket for the games I wanted to go to.
Even had 2 extra for the 87 final ;)
OK fair enough, I misread and that's not too bad a system. Season Ticket holders should be entitled to at least two no matter what. Those moaning that they can't get tickets even though they go to loads of games have shot themselves in the foot by not buying a season ticket anyway £13 a game on a season ticket compared with £26 on the day. Even if you miss loads it works out cheaper. Should be encouraging season ticket sales over everything else as it's the money the club get in the summer to buy players and budget for the season. If, come the summer, people think "I don't want to miss out on these away/cup games and I save a load of money" then they're going to get a season ticket.

Ccfcsj

It depends what you class as loyal?
I was a season ticket holder for 30 years, never missed a home game and went to 90% of the away games. Unfortunately circumstances changed and I can no longer afford to go to any games :-(. I listen religiously on the radio when in Cov and when at my parents in Devon I follow on the website.
Does that mean I'm disloyal now because of my circumstances?????

Bennosdancingfeet

Can I ask, what would make you come back to the Ricoh, I know I have deviated from the loyal/unloyal topic?

The atmosphere isn't great at the minute, however that would only be improved by more fans getting through the door - it worked well for the FA Cup game against Stoke as an example.

Obviously the Club need to take some responsibility for this as the ST prices at the beginning of the season weren't great, but fans need to be coming home and watching the team play.

It's great we are selling out on the road for every game, but we need to bring that atmosphere back to the Ricoh, where it counts the most!

Well that’s it. I love the away atmosphere. The overall experience is better win lose or draw. Like a mini adventure with your mates. Going the Ricoh is on par with watching the reserves back in the day. I am changing my mind a little due to us having a manager who I think will do well. Problem is love all sports, footy being my preferred choice but made a pact with 2 friends that if we don’t get promoted this season and cov rugby team do (which is highly likely) we are getting rugby season tickets next season.

Users who are viewing this thread