Which goal made you go the most mental? (1 Viewer)

steveo1987

Speedie equaliser at elm park.We were on the home terracing and went mental.Quick exit after that goal

Ricketts

I’ll give you a JSB membership and £3
That's very kind.

However its not for sale. Neither is my very rare white CCFC shirt worn by Clinton Morrison, signed (I got them all to sign it presonally) by the squad including Chris Coleman, when he was sacked the next morning. I probably have the last Chris Coleman CCFC manager signature ever.

And my signed, framed Roland Nillson shirt is most definately not for sale. City hero.

PS

Please dont allow me entry to any more auctions.

hill83

That's very kind.

However its not for sale. Neither is my very rare white CCFC shirt worn by Clinton Morrison, signed (I got them all to sign it presonally) by the squad including Chris Coleman, when he was sacked the next morning. I probably have the last Chris Coleman CCFC manager signature ever.

And my signed, framed Roland Nillson shirt is most definately not for sale. City hero.

PS

Please dont allow me entry to any more auctions.

I’ve got a Steve Mcmanaman Real Madrid shirt (not signed), Di Livios Juventus shirt from the 1996 champions league final (also not signed) and an couple of Patrick Kluivert shirts. (Also not signed). All legit but no proof. All for free.

Calista

I remember suffering from vertigo a little as the terracing was so steep.
Can't say I got vertigo, but it's certainly the biggest and most concentrated mass of Sky Blues fans all under one roof that I can remember. That end behind the goal held way over 20.000, and I've just looked at the total attendanced for that game - 51,372!

Nick

Administrator
I’ve got a Steve Mcmanaman Real Madrid shirt (not signed), Di Livios Juventus shirt from the 1996 champions league final (also not signed) and an couple of Patrick Kluivert shirts. (Also not signed). All legit but no proof. All for free.

Are they Wellesbourne / Spanish holiday specials?

Calista

The Huckerby goal against Man U was the instant answer to the title.

However the Butterworth pass and the Bodak lob resulting in mass hysteria takes it
Some people remember where they were when Kennedy was shot. But I remember more important stuff, like where I was when Bodak floated it over Corrigan - listening on the radio in the car park at Pool Meadow. It was a memorable moment even in sound only:) Wish I'd been there, I went to a lot of away games in those days but somehow missed that one.

hill83

Are they Wellesbourne / Spanish holiday specials?

Ha, no, actually 100% legit. Famous ex footballer in the extended family. Pretty easy to work out who based on my previous post to be fair.

wingy

Some people remember where they were when Kennedy was shot. But I remember more important stuff, like where I was when Bodak floated it over Corrigan - listening on the radio in the car park at Pool Meadow. It was a memorable moment even in sound only:) Wish I'd been there, I went to a lot of away games in those days but somehow missed that one.
It was magical apart from the coins raining down and the afters outside resulting in nine stitches in my Head.

Nick

Administrator
Correct. He married my cousin in 1999.

giphy.gif

I'm resisting googling it to be sure.....

Adge

Great-can I have them for nothing then?!

Adge

Another left field one-Gary Bannister v Man Utd at old Trafford 1-0 1989 I think?

Ashdown

I was in the stand along the side home end, next block to the city fans. Loads of Cov in there and chaos after we scored. I ended up out the ground and just walked back into the city end.
Yep I was in there with a couple more City fans, jumped up, got a few snarls from Villa lads but just couldn't help celebrate, fuck 'em !

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Too many to list, all the ones mentioned so far and everyone that kept us in that top league in the final games meant so much then, Ferguson, Wallace, Regis, Kilcline, Dublin.

Often the sweetest most celebrated are those last minute equalisers or winners, they hurt so much when against us but mean so much when we get them because as City fans, we don't expect, we don't think it can happen. That Preston game sent us delirious and it shouldn't have.

Not going to school is hilarious

speedie87

Is it just me how hasn’t gone mental since the prem days?

Just haven’t felt it the same since, think its the whole under dog sticking it to the big man thing I miss

Brylowes

Great shout that Brylowes. Two late Dublin goals to win the game? Hot day. Great memories!
I was surrounded with Chelsea fans high up in the Sky Blue Stand, enjoyed a lot of banter
Throughout the afternoon and went especially mental on the winning goal just to really ram
It down there throats. I was pleasantly surprised at the final whistle that so many of them took
The time to pat me on the back and congratulate me on a good win and performance, at least
I was until 'I got half way down the street when my mate pointed out the back of my shirt was
Covered in chewing gum & phlegm :emoji_angry:

olderskyblue

Nothing else comes close to this

You weren't there at THE Bristol City game then. Both our goals in that match beat Gynns in the Semi. The nerves were huge leading up to the game, before the kick off and during. The reaction to the goals were huge

Johnnythespider

I've thought on this for a while as I've gone mental quite a few times we've scored goals, but I'm going for Gynns' in the 5th round at stoke. It felt like it was backs to the wall all game in an intimidating atmosphere both inside and outside the ground, 8000 of us packed in like sardines, police vans on their side outside the ground, up steps Michael Gynn and pandemonium ensued. This is when I believed we could actually win the thing.

Greggs

Weren't far off with Biamou's beauty today, was fucking knackered by the restart!

Great thread! So many goals spring to mind, Neddy at HR v Villa (guy in the kop stood on a crush barrier whilst celebrating, anyone on here?!). Neddy v W Brom in the Cup, really miss the terraces it has to be said. Also all 3 goals at Anfield in the Cup game, Derby goals in the last game at HR, the list goes on. Bit too young to make Hillsborough in '87, the celebrations after the Micky Gynn goal look mental and like others have said on here, must have been something else!

Users who are viewing this thread