Where's Max? (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

Most players on long term deals don’t move either. Godden still lives in Kent, for example.
I am sure your right and I would imagine people's tolerance for travelling varies greatly and factors like age, money and length of contract would all be factors.
I was guessing why Max has not signed for a club and unless your of the view he is not worthy of a deal, at any level, there must be something else at play?

I speculated that he is waiting for a club more locally than perhaps he has been offered to date.

What is your thinking as to why he remains unattached?

SlowerThanPlatt

I am sure your right and I would imagine people's tolerance for travelling varies greatly and factors like age, money and length of contract would all be factors.
I was guessing why Max has not signed for a club and unless your of the view he is not worthy of a deal, at any level, there must be something else at play?

I speculated that he is waiting for a club more locally than perhaps he has been offered to date.

I had assumed it was down the leagues he may go to not starting their season yet

Sick Boy

No idea, haven’t given it much thought to be honest.
I’d imagine there’s a lot less cash in League 2 where he’d realistically be looking to be a regular if he plans to stay in England.

pusbccfc

Was there again tonight.

skybluesam66

Oggy was even hinting about getting him back in the post match
in all seriousness - he is an asset to any team in the bottom half of league 1

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

No idea, haven’t given it much thought to be honest.
I’d imagine there’s a lot less cash in League 2 where he’d realistically be looking to be a regular if he plans to stay in England.

In our last season in League 1 he scored a decent amount of goals considering minutes on the pitch. Biamou would be an asset to any League 1 team.
Even Bakayoko got a move to Bolton in League 1.

SlowerThanPlatt

Waghorn scored one less than Max last season in near identical appearances.

Yes that was poor season by his standards but a career best for Biamou. Waghorn scored 16, 9 and 12 in the 3 seasons before that in the Championship, numbers Biamou isn’t capable of.

Sick Boy

So he’s a player who could do a job for any League 1 team and it’s being suggested he is somehow better than Waghorn yet is attending our games instead?
Right.

skybluesam66

So he’s a player who could do a job for any League 1 team and it’s being suggested he is somehow better than Waghorn yet is attending our games instead?
Right.
Waghorn still unknown if he can still do it. Guess we will find out. At this stage nobody can say if he is a better replacement than max. Unfortunately we have signed a lot of good players 1or 2 years too late. Let’s hope he is not one of those

David O'Day

I would imagine it's a combination of factors, the pandemic meaning league 1 and 2 teams wanting leaner squads and Max perhaps not wanting to move his family across the country for average money. I would imagine his agent is telling him to sit tight and see what happens at some of the many localish clubs who might need to go back into the market depending on injuries and how they start the season.

Does he have a family in Cov? He lives in the flats in the old Co-Op on Corporation Street

Grendel

Are you a Waghorn fan G ?

you cant judge after two games. As long as he scores by December 31 he will have bettered biamou in his first season here

Users who are viewing this thread