Where are we at (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Anyone else wish Grendel and Barnsley would just answer each other’s questions directly instead of going around in circles?

Ive answered his 10 times. He can’t answer mine as he’s no idea what I’m talking about

Grendel

Thats Interesting how do you differ From the money ball philosophy? There was an article in the Washington Post that describes the strategy as identical.

In what ways do you differ?

Barnsley

Thats Interesting how do you differ From the money ball philosophy? There was an article in the Washington Post that describes the strategy as identical.

In what ways do you differ?

I ment no I’ll not answer your question. Because it doesn’t really matter does it.

wingy

I'm sure I remember a season where you finished top 6 after a terrible start ?

League 1 season I think
Not really aware of SU situation

New manager,player churn etc could have a large bearing

Then depends on if panic sets in

shmmeee

Anyone else wish Grendel and Barnsley would just answer each other’s questions directly instead of going around in circles?

Are you saying Grendel on the same path as Barnsley? Half a season settling in, half a season trolling comfortably and now taking it to the next level?

shmmeee

O'Hare played some brilliant through balls yesterday.

And some shockers, the one that went wide and in front of Waghorn a classic example. He too often gets into good positions and just hits the first man or plays it where he hopes someone will be rather than taking a look and playing it to someone. I think generally this season he’s snatching at things and trying too hard. A goal or an assist would calm him down.

He’s not the only one, Maatsen and Dabo are guilty as well. I think our final ball is more of an issue than our finishing or build up play personally.

Brighton Sky Blue

And some shockers, the one that went wide and in front of Waghorn a classic example. He too often gets into good positions and just hits the first man or plays it where he hopes someone will be rather than taking a look and playing it to someone. I think generally this season he’s snatching at things and trying too hard. A goal or an assist would calm him down.

He’s not the only one, Maatsen and Dabo are guilty as well. I think our final ball is more of an issue than our finishing or build up play personally.

You can see him beating himself up every time he makes an error, he isn't the only one either. Needs one of the older heads on the pitch to get in his ear

Grendel

Are you saying Grendel on the same path as Barnsley? Half a season settling in, half a season trolling comfortably and now taking it to the next level?

giphy.gif

Gint11

Based on what’s happened so far we are a comfortable mid table team which is massive progression but we are a deadly striker away and silly mistakes away from being a play off team.

Barnsley

I'm sure I remember a season where you finished top 6 after a terrible start ?

League 1 season I think

You don’t have to go that far back, last season at the same stage we had the same points they do now, and finished 5th the difference is SUFC look absolutely dreadful, clueless even, whereas we was putting in some hard working solid displays, just not getting the required results. They look like a team with no heart and no fight from what I’ve seen. Obviously things can change quickly in football but as I say I’d be surprised if it does in this instance.

Users who are viewing this thread