When will Leicester Away Tickets go on sale? (3 Viewers)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

If anyone ends up with a spare ticket I'd happily take one off your hands!

Will let you know. We usually have one or two who struggle to get out of bed in time for a 12pm kick off.
I dont see how it can be fairer.

Those who have invested the most and attended the most over the last 3 seasons are rewarded with the points, isnt that how England also works?

I think the current system works. The only other way is to have the England model which is 70% to top point holders and 30% in the ballot for everyone else. This is changing for Euro 2024 I believe so it’s 70% top points, 20% ballot for those that have attended at least 2 home and 2 away games in the last two years and 10% ballot for everyone of any points level. Could be wrong on numbers.

This though does take a lot of time and effort and has a designated Supporters Club to update points and you have to pay £75 just to put your name in the hat with no guarantee of away tickets anytime soon.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Will let you know. We usually have one or two who struggle to get out of bed in time for a 12pm kick off.

I think the current system works. The only other way is to have the England model which is 70% to top point holders and 30% in the ballot for everyone else. This is changing for Euro 2024 I believe so it’s 70% top points, 20% ballot for those that have attended at least 2 home and 2 away games in the last two years and 10% ballot for everyone of any points level. Could be wrong on numbers.

This though does take a lot of time and effort and has a designated Supporters Club to update points and you have to pay £75 just to put your name in the hat with no guarantee of away tickets anytime soon.

Also you have to start with the rubbish away games before you have a chance of Scotland away etc

Saddlebrains

Alright, I get you've probably posted this to get a bite, so I will take the bait. I have been a season ticket holder for a long time. Including our Birmingham season. I don't get to away games because I usually have my ten year old son who, for various reasons, I don't want to take to an away day quite yet. So I don't tend to go. For the game against Leicester, he is at his mums. So I am free to go and really fancied it. But because I only have 740 points, I couldn't get a ticket. But I go to every home game, give or take, and have done years. I buy all of the shirts for both of us and pump a lot if money into this club. So that was a dick comment.

Is it a dick comment? I'm exactly the same as you, and don't go away games as i have my kids and we have a large element of arsehole chavs who go away and I don't want my kids round it.

I buy all the shirts too, so im literally the same boat as you to a tee. Unsure why you only have 740 points if you've had a ST for that long, i have 1150 and have been to 1 away game in 4 years

Its on the telly, no ones going to miss it are they?

clint van damme

Yeah, would be total overkill for us and expensive to administer, (hence the £75 charge).
I was a critic of the points scheme when it came in last season but in the circumstances I think it's the best way.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Yeah, would be total overkill for us and expensive to administer, (hence the £75 charge).
I was a critic of the points scheme when it came in last season but in the circumstances I think it's the best way.

Spot on mate. So when people compare to other teams like Leeds, Man UTD, it’s not quite a fair comparison as they have a whole designated team for away tickets and thus the need to charge for a membership on top of a ST cost to administer it.

The way to build your points up is to do some of the low demand games. This is what people don’t want to do.

Alex1987

Alright, I get you've probably posted this to get a bite, so I will take the bait. I have been a season ticket holder for a long time. Including our Birmingham season. I don't get to away games because I usually have my ten year old son who, for various reasons, I don't want to take to an away day quite yet. So I don't tend to go. For the game against Leicester, he is at his mums. So I am free to go and really fancied it. But because I only have 740 points, I couldn't get a ticket. But I go to every home game, give or take, and have done years. I buy all of the shirts for both of us and pump a lot if money into this club. So that was a dick comment.

Something is off with your points as you should have minimum of 920 points for the last 4 years as a STH. I'd contact the club.

clint van damme

Spot on mate. So when people compare to other teams like Leeds, Man UTD, it’s not quite a fair comparison as they have a whole designated team for away tickets and thus the need to charge for a membership on top of a ST cost to administer it.

The way to build your points up is to do some of the low demand games. This is what people don’t want to do.

And those teams are guaranteed to sell out every game, we're not.

North York’s Blue

The England model works very well, although due to short timescales with away tickets I don’t think it’s suitable at club level.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Didn't someone work out that about 21/23 away games last season went to 'Season Ticket Holder' level with at last 50% actually hitting General Sale? It's only the big 3 or 4 games that sell out to the top bracket of points holder, and rightly so. People going to Leicester should be those who have gone to a fair chunk of away games last season, which as per my open sentence was open to most.
Someone also listed 5 games they couldn't attend because of their limited points (think they had 900). Every game they listed they could have got to and only Boro sold out in that bracket. The whole 'can't get on the ladder' is nonsense. There's a select few games a season (probably 4 or 5) that go to the top two or three bands, which is exactly what it is for. If the people in the bands just below go to the midweek away games, home cup games etc. they will get into that category.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Someone also listed 5 games they couldn't attend because of their limited points (think they had 900). Every game they listed they could have got to and only Boro sold out in that bracket. The whole 'can't get on the ladder' is nonsense. There's a select few games a season (probably 4 or 5) that go to the top two or three bands, which is exactly what it is for. If the people in the bands just below go to the midweek away games, home cup games etc. they will get into that category.

It’s easier to just complain and expect the system to change than to bother to go to midweek away games or crap cup games. As you say we have only had 4 or 5 games out of 23 that went to the top tiers.

Not a criticism of the club in any way but when the points scheme was announced maybe the club should have put out some information about the importance of building up credibility in your own name, assigning tickets correctly to fan numbers and letting people know that paying on the gate meant you wouldn’t get points/you have to take the stubs to the TO to get the points manually added to your account.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Not a criticism of the club in any way but when the points scheme was announced maybe the club should have put out some information about the importance of building up credibility in your own name, assigning tickets correctly to fan numbers and letting people know that paying on the gate meant you wouldn’t get points/you have to take the stubs to the TO to get the points manually added to your account.
It wouldn't have gone amiss for sure, but I know of several blokes who I emphasised this exact point to who just didn't bother doing it, and are now moaning they can't get to away games because they didn't sort it. Some people just can't be arsed to take accountability for themselves.

Ashdown

If they hadn’t enforced seating only stadiums there would be loads of room for thousands more fans home and away and the atmosphere would be electric.
The away allocations these days are very restricted 🤔

letsallsingtogether

I only had 650 points last season and got an away ticket for every away game I wanted.
Ok some were mid week but went to about 5 no problem, Not here for incester game as Im on holiday so will have watch it in a beach bar in 40° heat.
Dont see me moaning wife might 😁

bigfatronssba

If they hadn’t enforced seating only stadiums there would be loads of room for thousands more fans home and away and the atmosphere would be electric.
The away allocations these days are very restricted 🤔

The thing you have to ask there though is would this many people still want to go in that scenario?

Is some of it not rose tinted spectacles that ignores the negatives of herding thousands of people onto a crumbling terrace?

Ashdown

The thing you have to ask there though is would this many people still want to go in that scenario?

Is some of it not rose tinted spectacles that ignores the negatives of herding thousands of people onto a crumbling terrace?
They don’t have to be crumbling, the stanchions need to be adequate as does the policing, exits have to be plentiful and no restrictive fences caging people in. There is enough money in the game to accommodate all of this.

glamour76

I know loads have asked, but thought I would throw my hat in to the ring. Any spares for this, I'll be happy to take them off your hands. Was on at 10am but missed out for me and my boy. Thanks 👍

SJ80

Something is off with your points as you should have minimum of 920 points for the last 4 years as a STH. I'd contact the club.
I have 720 but have been a season ticket holder since we were at brum which they just removed the points for , my brother who hasn’t had a ST as long as me has more points now ? Work that out ?

shmmeee

The point system doesn’t give everyone the chance to get on the away ticket ladder , and it’s not because they’re a lesser supporter. Everyone should have an equal chance to obtain tickets ( ballet) . I am lucky to have over 1100 points but I still think there must be a better way for everyone to be in the mix .

Never mind ballet tickets, what about the football?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The point system doesn’t give everyone the chance to get on the away ticket ladder , and it’s not because they’re a lesser supporter. Everyone should have an equal chance to obtain tickets ( ballet) . I am lucky to have over 1100 points but I still think there must be a better way for everyone to be in the mix .
Do you have to make a plie for tickets?

RegiswasGod

I have 720 but have been a season ticket holder since we were at brum which they just removed the points for , my brother who hasn’t had a ST as long as me has more points now ? Work that out ?
Sounds like both of us have issues with our points. I'll call them tomorrow.

SBbucks

Or you could work it out yourself by looking at your account history to see what points have been allocated, and if you think it is wrong then contact the ticket office to get it put right. It’s not difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CV22SBA

You need to go through your history and check the points. I’m on 1240 and have had a ST for the same period. Like someone earlier said even if you go to no away or cup games you would still have 940 points.

CV22SBA

They need to release match day prices and info on what they are doing with the away end. Season starts next Saturday and no one can get a shirt or match day ticket.
Frustrating isn’t it. No news on Wimbledon either yet their tickets have been on sale for over a week.

Users who are viewing this thread