What's to sell (1 Viewer)

rightumpty

In the light of Dim Tim's recent statement 'Coventry City is not for sale' it begs the question 'what exactly have they got to sell?.

They have no ground, no training pitches, no players worth any money, crowds are dropping like a stone and they continue to lose revenue by the day.

Surely Seppalla is aware of this and unless Tim is feeding her enormous piles of bullshit, she can't be happy with the situation. Any intention they ever had of building a new stadium is pure folly as they will never spend 20 - 40M without any possible chance of a return.

Feelings have never run so high against them and unless they have this perverted sense of humour watching our club slowly die, then they must be ousted by fair means or foul.

Rant over.

hill83

The 'potential' windfall of reaching the premier league in only 3 years. That idea sold to Sisu's investors who have no idea about football.

That's my wild guess anyway. What else would be keeping them around?

Steve.B50

If they are successful in court it will just go to appeal after appeal and should any monies eventually be due its the rate payers of Coventry who will be paying.

skybluelee

Or keep striking gold with the likes of Wilson/Maddison coming through the youth team and selling them on to bail them out each year.

The club is all but dead and nobody seems to be able to stop it. So so sad.

lordsummerisle

In the light of Dim Tim's recent statement 'Coventry City is not for sale' it begs the question 'what exactly have they got to sell?.

They have no ground, no training pitches, no players worth any money, crowds are dropping like a stone and they continue to lose revenue by the day.

Surely Seppalla is aware of this and unless Tim is feeding her enormous piles of bullshit, she can't be happy with the situation. Any intention they ever had of building a new stadium is pure folly as they will never spend 20 - 40M without any possible chance of a return.

Feelings have never run so high against them and unless they have this perverted sense of humour watching our club slowly die, then they must be ousted by fair means or foul.

Rant over.

Basically you're saying "What's to buy?".

That's the biggest problem.

italiahorse

Rant over.

They just keep taking there £2M a year management fees. It's a living !!!

Ian1779

They just keep taking there £2M a year management fees. It's a living !!!

And if we had new owners? Would they do it all for free?

You seem to think that SISU are the only owners/hedge fund that do this kind of thing... when in reality it happened before with our previous owners, and will happen again in the future.

Kingokings204

Always something to sell.

1. FL Golden share

2. Tennants at the biggest stadium in league 1. (At least top 3) so potential is what I'm saying.

3. A risky business as leaseholders so chance to buy into ACL. Worth a chance?

4. 2 years away from the premiere league 5.1billion share and more?

5. Fans starved of success and will come back to a steady level if proven support of owners and good players.

6. Ryton? Not sure the exact details we we own some form of it and it's not a bad area and facilities. Seen worse.

Probaly others. But you can see my point.

Philosorapter

I believe ccfcway knocked this little gem on the head a few days ago. Until they sell up, they do not need to register their losses. When they do, the loss of credibility on SISU to handle finance will be huge.

lordsummerisle

1. FL Golden share

2. Tennants at the biggest stadium in league 1. (At least top 3) so potential is what I'm saying.

5. Fans starved of success and will come back to a steady level if proven support of owners and good players.

6. Ryton? Not sure the exact details we we own some form of it and it's not a bad area and facilities. Seen worse.

Could throw in Warwick Castle(will deliver), as a sweetener.

Terry Gibson's perm

1. FL Golden share - No real value and it is returned at the end of a season I think

2. Tennants at the biggest stadium in league 1. (At least top 3) so potential is what I'm saying. - For at least the next couple of years and then this lot will piss off the egg chasers and we are homeless again

4. 2 years away from the premiere league 5.1billion share and more? -May as well be twenty years away with this level of investment

5. Fans starved of success and will come back to a steady level if proven support of owners and good players. - Agreed but less will come back with this lot in charge

6. Ryton? Not sure the exact details we we own some form of it and it's not a bad area and facilities. Seen worse. - Little value as no planning permission will be granted there

1. FL Golden share

Of course there are others, Cutting edge CEO in Waggot, Masterful Manager, and The great supremo Timmy to say but three. They would all be part of the sale:jerkit:

Ashdown

And if we had new owners? Would they do it all for free?

You seem to think that SISU are the only owners/hedge fund that do this kind of thing... when in reality it happened before with our previous owners, and will happen again in the future.

Fair enough of course they would expect some sort of payments but £2.6 million management charges and £1.8 million debt interest about the same time as refusing to pay the rent really wasn't fair or helpful was it ?

wingy

Sometimes Investments go down as well as up

They have no divine right to a return for fucking things up
Plenty of other businesses and banks have to recognise such mistakes and write It off and move on

JulianDarbyFTW

I think King of Kings hit the nail on the head with point 4. The money if you reach the promised land.

I hate SISU as much as the next man (as long as the next man isn't RFC, of course), however, maybe they do have a plan. Maybe they are trying to make us self-sufficient - releasing players they think are/were overpaid, getting players on short contracts so they aren't saddled with large pay-offs - and as soon as they reach that point they then make us live within our means, but try and target promotion. If you read that sentence with a business head on (and do your best to ignore the name SISU) then it kind of makes sense. Sure, there are a lot of things SISU have done wrong, things they've done that have pissed us off, but if that is their plan then in a perverse way I kind of agree with it. The trouble is, their communication skills are so lacking that it's impossible to know if that is their plan. If they came out and told us in plain English - not their 5 point plan that reads like it was a 5 pint plan, written after a night at the pub - then maybe they'd get some of us in agreement. Although after the deception and misdirection they've thrown out over the years we wouldn't know whether they were telling the truth anyway. Oh sod it. SISU OUT.

Ashdown

I think King of Kings hit the nail on the head with point 4. The money if you reach the promised land.

I hate SISU as much as the next man (as long as the next man isn't RFC, of course), however, maybe they do have a plan. Maybe they are trying to make us self-sufficient - releasing players they think are/were overpaid, getting players on short contracts so they aren't saddled with large pay-offs - and as soon as they reach that point they then make us live within our means, but try and target promotion. If you read that sentence with a business head on (and do your best to ignore the name SISU) then it kind of makes sense. Sure, there are a lot of things SISU have done wrong, things they've done that have pissed us off, but if that is their plan then in a perverse way I kind of agree with it. The trouble is, their communication skills are so lacking that it's impossible to know if that is their plan. If they came out and told us in plain English - not their 5 point plan that reads like it was a 5 pint plan, written after a night at the pub - then maybe they'd get some of us in agreement. Although after the deception and misdirection they've thrown out over the years we wouldn't know whether they were telling the truth anyway. Oh sod it. SISU OUT.

At some point though, you have to retain some of those better players long enough to progress with them..........not SISU, if they're wanted they're gone !

Noggin

It's really not, there is absolutely no reason to believe that there wouldn't be multiple people/groups interested in purchasing us for the right price (which is admittedly a low one and without the debt).

I think for a few million you could massively increase the value of this club and then sell the club in the championship with all the easy problems fixed to someone who wants to play the silly game of attempting a premiership push. The problem sisu has is they can't be the one to fix the problems because so many of them are based on how they are viewed by the fanbase/local businesses and even the local authority.

rightumpty

I think in summary that we're all completely pissed off with this bunch of idiots and it would be nice to be rid of them. That's about as polite as I can be

Hobo

1. FL Golden share

no. I can't. Most other clubs have far more assets. SISU have wound us down to practically no value and no plan to rebuild us.

Kingokings204

no. I can't. Most other clubs have far more assets. SISU have wound us down to practically no value and no plan to rebuild us.

Yes I 100% agree but my bullet points highlight what's left.

Noggin

most other clubs do have more assets but that will be reflected in the price, I think if you value all clubs at what they are actually worth then we are one of the most appealing clubs to buy as our potential value is alot higher than our current value, therefore it's possible to make a profit with relative ease.

stupot07

most other clubs do have more assets but that will be reflected in the price, I think if you value all clubs at what they are actually worth then we are one of the most appealing clubs to buy as our potential value is alot higher than our current value, therefore it's possible to make a profit with relative ease.

If it was that easy to make a profit, SISU would have already done it, and there would be a long line of investors beating down Sisu's door trying to by the club so that they can make a profit off the club with relative ease....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

How much would you have to invest? Players, infrastructure, then a ground, where, can you get the right location? They have nothing to sell apart from a name.

Noggin

If it was that easy to make a profit, SISU would have already done it, and there would be a long line of investors beating down Sisu's door trying to by the club so that they can make a profit off the club with relative ease....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

You misunderstand, I'm not saying you can turn the club into a club that makes a good profit. I'm saying if you brought the club for it's current value, it would be easy to improve the value of the club by more than you spent on it, allowing you to sell the club in a couple of years time for a profit. The club wouldn't make a profit during this period in fact it would lose money.

Sisu have destroyed the value of the club but the club has potential value some of it very easy to unlock that is much higher.

We are like a broken PS3, other clubs are PS4's and Xbox ones, but if you have electrical knowledge you can buy the broken PS3 for £5 spend a tenner on it and sell a working one for £30 (numbers completely made up)

Noggin

How much would you have to invest? Players, infrastructure, then a ground, where, can you get the right location? They have nothing to sell apart from a name.

playing at the Ricoh, you need to forget about a ground it's not happening, it makes no financial sense. Unless you are an investor that is going to spend 100 mill over a few years to try and get to the premiership.

Yes the club only has a name/golden share and about 6k attendance in league etc to sell and as such is worth very little, someone buying it for very little can spend a few mill, fix the problems, get proper sponsorship, encourage the fans back, get us promoted to the championship and then sell us as a club with 17-20k attendance instead.

stupot07

You misunderstand, I'm not saying you can turn the club into a club that makes a good profit. I'm saying if you brought the club for it's current value, it would be easy to improve the value of the club by more than you spent on it, allowing you to sell the club in a couple of years time for a profit. The club wouldn't make a profit during this period in fact it would lose money.

Sisu have destroyed the value of the club but the club has potential value some of it very easy to unlock that is much higher.

We are like a broken PS3, other clubs are PS4's and Xbox ones, but if you have electrical knowledge you can buy the broken PS3 for £5 spend a tenner on it and sell a working one for £30 (numbers completely made up)

No I don't misunderstand, without the ricoh I don't believe any owner would make money off our club or buy selling out club. It's just not realistic to say "if they got to the PL", because the likelihood is that we're probably never gonna to get back there, the new tv deal will boost parachute payments, and make it even harder. That isn't making a profit "relatively easy". It would take considerable cash to get promoted and survive in the championship. As I said, if it was really that relatively easy to make money out of our club, sisu would have done it.

lordsummerisle

playing at the Ricoh, you need to forget about a ground it's not happening, it makes no financial sense. Unless you are an investor that is going to spend 100 mill over a few years to try and get to the premiership.

Yes the club only has a name/golden share and about 6k attendance in league etc to sell and as such is worth very little, someone buying it for very little can spend a few mill, fix the problems, get proper sponsorship, encourage the fans back, get us promoted to the championship and then sell us as a club with 17-20k attendance instead.

You should go on Dragons Den mate, sure they'll give you the backing, be rolling in it in no time.

Noggin

No I don't misunderstand, without the ricoh I don't believe any owner would make money off our club or buy selling out club. It's just not realistic to say "if they got to the PL", because the likelihood is that we're probably never gonna to get back there, the new tv deal will boost parachute payments, and make it even harder. That isn't making a profit "relatively easy". It would take considerable cash to get promoted and survive in the championship. As I said, if it was really that relatively easy to make money out of our club, sisu would have done it.

I wasn't talking about getting back to the premiership, attempting that is a massive gamble and incredibly expensive. I was clear in what I meant, buy the club now in league 1 for what it's worth (which is not far of nothing) with shit attendance, hardly any sponsorship, hardly any merchandising income, hardly any corporate attendance, with the club having terrible morale, no trust between fan base and owners. Fix the problems, sell a couple of years later for a profit. This is of course the sort of things hedge funds do, take a distressed business, fix it and sell it when it's worth more.

Noggin

You should go on Dragons Den mate, sure they'll give you the backing, be rolling in it in no time.

what good would that do? it's not necessary, I'm 100% confident that there will be someone to take over the club to attempt what I just suggested. The problem is getting sisu to sell for what the club is worth.

The Gentleman

It was Stupot, buy the Ricoh and go from there. Wasps have shown everyone how easy it was if you play with a straight bat. Sisu even fucked that up and we are now only left with a few nails needing to go into our coffin because the fuckers are so inept.

Users who are viewing this thread