What's the point? (1 Viewer)

rondog1973

Actually they're not quite the same, but:

Not so many years ago Hull were locked out their ground by their landlord, on their knees.

Not so many years ago Brighton were without a ground and playing in Gillingham.

Not so long ago Burnley were a game away from dropping out the league.

Not so long ago someone wanted to build an Asda on Molyneux.

Not so long ago St Andrews was a total dump, the club had next to no fans left and was as good as gone.

If they can all turn it around... so can we.
Yes we can.......but St Andrews still is a dump!

Astute

It's almost like you're deliberately missing the point.

Me missing the point?

SISU seem to purposely be taking our club lower to get what they want. And you say the same happened to the clubs mentioned.

How are we supposed to turn the corner when it looks as though they don't want us to?

Astute

He's doing the usual speaker's corner sketch he usually does.

#CarlBakerDay #ClivePlattWeek #JohnGayleMonth

Says the person who usually sticks up for SISU and has a dig at anyone who says it as it is which shows how badly they are running our club.

I suppose you are unbiased though because you say you are.

Como

In a few years when we are in our new how home knee deep in pie money we will look back on this time and laugh.

Hobo

It's almost like you're deliberately missing the point.

No you are missing the point. Lots of clubs have been badly run. Lots of clubs have come unstuck through not owning their own stadium.

Then there is SISU who are deliberately doing this, winding us down distressing the club in order to distress ACL. It may seem barking mad to most, but it is the way they operate. Meanwhile they plead they are the victims....and some believe them. They are ruthless.

Voice_of_Reason

Anymore.

Season over once again before it starts and the owners having no intention of doing the right thing

Let's be honest -- SISU won't go, no matter what. So why don't we get rid of SISU by supporting the Pheonix club ? OK, we are losing CCFC in the process but is it worth the sacrifice to rid football of SISU ?

bigfatronssba

Not so many years ago Hull were locked out their ground by their landlord, on their knees.

Not so long ago St Andrews was a total dump, the club had next to no fans left and was as good as gone.

Can't say this for all of those clubs NW, but at least 3 of those 5 (might be all 5 for all I know) never started to recover until the owners who caused the major problem left. I can't see ccfc ever recovering whilst sisu are here.

I just don't see a desire from them to do the right thing.

RegTheDonk

You would hope so but with two side not willing to give an inch, and income hampering FFP without any prospect of getting any real quality in (coupled with selling any kid who shows promise to balance the books) what chance do we really have :(

Kingokings204

ACL don't need to do a thing. They have been paid 771k in the last few months.

It's ccfc who needs to come home more than ACL needs ccfc although in an obvious world they need eachother to survive.

shmmeee

14 years ago Hull were locked out their ground by their landlord, on their knees.

14 years ago Brighton were without a ground and playing in Gillingham.

27 years ago Burnley were a game away from dropping out the league.

24 years ago someone wanted to build an Asda on Molyneux.

21 years ago St Andrews was a total dump, the club had next to no fans left and was as good as gone.

Great stuff!

I look forward to us rising like a phoenix just in time for my retirement.

skybluetony176

Although I agree with the sentiment did any of these clubs manage a turn around with a sisi type/mentality at the helm? I doubt it.

smoo310pusb

I was looking forward to this weekend, but today feels like a big kick in the fucking teeth. At least the Prem starts today, what else is there to look forward too??

robbiethemole

I was looking forward to this weekend, but today feels like a big kick in the fucking teeth. At least the Prem starts today, what else is there to look forward too??

At least there's the prospect of seeing Leicester getting their asses whipped a few times,:slap: and I can always raise a smile at that.

Users who are viewing this thread