Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Whats everybody driving these days?

I've got a 2018 Ford Focus at the moment. Nothing fancy, but it's been pretty reliable so far. I tend to keep my cars for a while rather than changing them every few years. I think keeping on top of servicing, tyres and the usual maintenance makes a big difference in the long run.
 
2025 Vauxhall Frontera. Heap of shit. Wish I hadn't bothered!
 
Still got a Fiat 500 in Sky Blue of course. Plus my 1968 Vespa and 2024 Vespa

Love all of them - I'm just not a big fan of cars!!
 
Volvo V40 that’s on its last legs and is due an MOT so might be gone in the next couple of weeks.

Looking at Kia Ceed’s currently and was chatting to my mechanic the other week who raves about them so as he knows infinitely more than me about cars that’s kind of made my mind up!
 
Still got a Fiat 500 in Sky Blue of course. Plus my 1968 Vespa and 2024 Vespa

Love all of them - I'm just not a big fan of cars!!
What scooters you got?

I’ve got a sky blue 1963 Vespa 90 currently. Great craic.
 
What scooters you got?

I’ve got a sky blue 1963 Vespa 90 currently. Great craic.
VLB it’s my pootle about one. For long trips the newer one is a twist and go GTS 300 but I love the whole ritual of mixing the fuel so use the older one when I can. I had to change the engine a few years ago so it’s not the original but reassuringly still plays up! . 😎
 
I drive a Lexus RX450h - bought second hand and it’s now 8 years old - which I love and ride a Honda 750 twin for fun.
 
How the turn tables.
I had an old R reg Frontera years ago and loved it. When I heard Vauxhall were releasing their brand new model, I thought I'd look into one. When I went to the dealers, they hadn't got a model in, but the salesman made such a big thing about it, I ordered one. Took 3 months to arrive, and looks great, but it really is a piece of shit. It's been recalled twice in six months for faults! I'll never bother with one again!
 
Last edited:
1000032926.webp
 
Went to an EV, not to save the world but because I liked the look of it and it's cheaper than the 2L audi diesel I had for fuel etc.
Im considering a PHEV. Been looking at the BYD Sealion 5. Looks a real nice car. Dont think im ready to go full electric just yet.

Sent from my SM-S711B using Tapatalk
 
LWB crew cab Vauxhall Vivaro. It's done us great for long road trips and camping over the last few years. Bit of a pain to park in town sometimes but don't think I'd go back to having a normal car again
 
LWB crew cab Vauxhall Vivaro. It's done us great for long road trips and camping over the last few years. Bit of a pain to park in town sometimes but don't think I'd go back to having a normal car again
We are looking at going down the crew cab van route as most of our weekends are spent camping/hiking/cycling etc. The Vivaro is on the list, anything I should look for particularly?
 
We are looking at going down the crew cab van route as most of our weekends are spent camping/hiking/cycling etc. The Vivaro is on the list, anything I should look for particularly?
The DPF will 100% bring you problems at some point. If you can buy non diesel or get a van thats had the system bypassed your life will be so much easier
 
The DPF will 100% bring you problems at some point. If you can buy non diesel or get a van thats had the system bypassed your life will be so much easier
Non-diesel options are few and far between unfortunately and we need a vehicle that will tow a substantial trailer as well.

Looking at the last of the previous generation Citroen Dispatch/Peugeot Expert which have the 2.0 Hdi engine. Not without their own issues but generally quite robust and at least it's an engine I know well.
 
Non-diesel options are few and far between unfortunately and we need a vehicle that will tow a substantial trailer as well.

Looking at the last of the previous generation Citroen Dispatch/Peugeot Expert which have the 2.0 Hdi engine. Not without their own issues but generally quite robust and at least it's an engine I know well.
Don't think I've ever drove a Citroën van but have driven plenty of Peugeot LWB vans at work. Was never a fan of the older vans but my new one (2024) drives brilliant....way better than the 2018 Mercedes Sprinter I had before however.... i think it's put together cheaply as I've had no end of bits of trim coming loose or falling off
 
2025 Vauxhall Frontera. Heap of shit. Wish I hadn't bothered!
My mate, who lives in Valencia, bought a new one (Opel badged, obvs) last year too, on the back of losing three family cars in the floods.
(They had the downstairs of their home completely wiped out, too. Compo was fair, but everything took so so long as so many properties and vehicles were wrecked. There were still cars piled up on the local car parks and disused land until recently).
Anyway, he seemed to be liking the car, last time we spoke.
I'll ask again!
 
Volvo V40 that’s on its last legs and is due an MOT so might be gone in the next couple of weeks.

Looking at Kia Ceed’s currently and was chatting to my mechanic the other week who raves about them so as he knows infinitely more than me about cars that’s kind of made my mind up!
We bought one very nearly new from TMS Kia (it helps that my SiL is the Service Dept Manager there) with a couple of thou on the clock.
It's been a cracking car: no issues, economical and comfortable on a long run. Fairly capacious too as it's the Sportswagon version.
I tell a lie - the PPF lamp came on a few months back, which was no surprise as it mainly does very short runs around town. A quick Italian tune up the M69 and back in third/fourth sorted that though.
It recently went straight through its first MOT, unsurprisingly, as it's still on very low mileage.
I also see the lad over the road has just bought one too. Trendsetter, me 😉😂
 
Our 'other' 'car' is a 2017 Ducato MWB, which I'm currently converting to a campervan.
Six months and counting, but I think I can see a faint glimmer of light at the end of the long tunnel.
 
My alternative option is something like a Ford Galaxy. Would be easier to park for daily use and perhaps more civilised as a family vehicle but consequently you pay more for a good one and lose out on sheer space Vs a crew cab. Undecided really but I'm also in no rush, my current estate is still doing the job.
 
Volvo V40 that’s on its last legs and is due an MOT so might be gone in the next couple of weeks.

Looking at Kia Ceed’s currently and was chatting to my mechanic the other week who raves about them so as he knows infinitely more than me about cars that’s kind of made my mind up!
Decent cars. Especially if you can find a one owner car that's been maintained fully under the 7 year warranty. I'm sure you know already but in case you don't, the Hyundai i30 is the same car under the skin so worth looking at both. Kia is the better looker to my eyes but the Hyundai has a slightly nicer interior.
 
Our 'other' 'car' is a 2017 Ducato MWB, which I'm currently converting to a campervan.
Six months and counting, but I think I can see a faint glimmer of light at the end of the long tunnel.
My ideal is something like a lwb, low roof Vivaro (or similar, Transit Custom etc) 6 seater crew cab so it can serve as a family vehicle but with a boot jump type basic camper set up in the back. We have a caravan but I also do a fair few short trips with my lad form which we currently use one of a number of small tents but as my back and knees are starting to grumble I quite like the idea of a proper bed in the back of the van. Having some sort of slide out kitchen would be handy for days out too
 
My ideal is something like a lwb, low roof Vivaro (or similar, Transit Custom etc) 6 seater crew cab so it can serve as a family vehicle but with a boot jump type basic camper set up in the back. We have a caravan but I also do a fair few short trips with my lad form which we currently use one of a number of small tents but as my back and knees are starting to grumble I quite like the idea of a proper bed in the back of the van. Having some sort of slide out kitchen would be handy for days out too
Can't be doing with a low roof. I have to be able to stand up, so I've kept the floor relatively thin (although adequately insulated) and likewise the roof.
I have about two inches headroom (I'm 6'1") which is adequate.
Having done extended off grid tours in a pop-top where it's usually not possible to raise the top, I'm over it!
 
Can't be doing with a low roof. I have to be able to stand up, so I've kept the floor relatively thin (although adequately insulated) and likewise the roof.
I have about two inches headroom (I'm 6'1") which is adequate.
Having done extended off grid tours in a pop-top where it's usually not possible to raise the top, I'm over it!
Can't have a high roof as Wife has height barriers at work and she would need to commute in the van some days. If would only be used for sleeping in sporadically so camping comfort is very much a secondary consideration Vs daily practicality
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom