What would our starting 11 be next season? (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

We can say this season now?

Agree with your line up but expext still 1 upfront so Allen in and walker out for now

Be great if robins gets 2 to work bit he hasn't so far . He needs to study Antonio dont as formation to see how 2 Man partnership can work with 3 midfielders behind

superskyblue

I don't think there will be such a thing as a first choice XI. Robins has already said that the schedule is heavy and that it will need a deep squad to get through.

shmmeee

I think there’ll be a first choice back 8 with the three furthest forward changing depending on circumstance.

Probably something like:

Maroši
Rose McFadz Østigård
Dabo NewDM Harmer Giles

then three from O’Hare, Allen, Shipley, Jones, Hilßner, Jobello, Bapaga, Godden, Walker and Baka depending on what the game needs.

djr8369

I think there’ll be a first choice back 8 with the three furthest forward changing depending on circumstance.

Probably something like:

Maroši
Rose McFadz Østigård
Dabo NewDM Harmer Giles

then three from O’Hare, Allen, Shipley, Jones, Hilßner, Jobello, Bapaga, Godden, Walker and Baka depending on what the game needs.
I’d think Kelly would at least start the season as one of the CDMs and gradually the three would be rotated a bit.

Reactions: TTG

superskyblue

Probably something like:

Maroši
Rose McFadz Østigård
Dabo NewDM Harmer Giles

I'd be very surprised if Hyam wasn't first choice if fit. He's better than Rose as a defender IMO.

Winny the Bish

First game:
Marosi
Ostigard - McFadz - Hyam
Pask - Kelly - Hamer - Giles
Allen - O'Hare
Godden

Our settled team once we hit Christmas

Marosi
Rose - Ostigard - Hyam
Dabo - Hamer - Shipley/Kelly - Giles
O'Hare
Walker - Godden

mr_monkey

I genuinely don't get the obsession with 2 up front, we won the league last season playing 1 up and with the options we have for the two cam roles we will be playing it again this season as godden and walker have both had success playing as the 1

djr8369

I genuinely don't get the obsession with 2 up front, we won the league last season playing 1 up and with the options we have for the two cam roles we will be playing it again this season as godden and walker have both had success playing as the 1
I wonder how much going two up top would change the dynamics of the team as well. Those two CAM last season had to put in a shift and defend from the front which was partly why the formation worked.

mr_monkey

I wonder how much going two up top would change the dynamics of the team as well. Those two CAM last season had to put in a shift and defend from the front which was partly why the formation worked.

Exactly... I'd love to see O'Hares heat map from the Portsmouth game last weekend as he was everywhere

I think the first few games we will see walker used as an impact sub with his pace against tired defences and go from there

fatso

Im suprised no one has mentioned Jodi Jones, surely once he has proven his fitness, he has to come into consideration. I'd see him ahead of Allen and Hilsner personally.
The first game of the season will be too soon, but I can see him being thrown into the team pretty soon, we need his creativity and goals.

cc84cov

Im suprised no one has mentioned Jodi Jones, surely once he has proven his fitness, he has to come into consideration. I'd see him ahead of Allen and Hilsner personally.
The first game of the season will be too soon, but I can see him being thrown into the team pretty soon, we need his creativity and goals.
Godden
Jones O’Hare

Although I think he will play it safe with Shipley or Allen ahead of Jones

Mucca Mad Boys

Realistically, we don’t know how JJ will cope with the step up.

I’d like to see him start v MK Dons.

mr_monkey

Ahead of hilsner definitely but not Allen, it was no coincidence that our form picked up when he came into the team last season and I think he is so underrated by a lot on here

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If everyone fit:

Marosi
Hyam Osti Rose
Dabo Kelly Hamer Giles
Allen O'Hare
Godden​

Personally I'd have Mason ahead of Giles as it stands, Godden/Walker will be an interesting battle (and may play together at times), Shipley will be pushing Allen and I reckon Jones will be pushing O'Hare.

If everyone is fit the only major concern there is cover at DCM.

DannyThomas_1981

Ahead of hilsner definitely but not Allen, it was no coincidence that our form picked up when he came into the team last season and I think he is so underrated by a lot on here

Love JJ and can't wait to see him on the pitch doing what he does. But agree with mr_monkey that Allen is a key player; his interplay with O'Hare is brilliant and he's also the type of player that Hamer will I'm sure be developing a key understanding with this season.

Paxman II

............................MOROSI.....................
...............OSTI.... MCFAZ....HYAM
.........KASTENEER.........................GILES
..........HAMER....................KELLY...........
...............ALLEN........O'HARE.................
.......................GODDEN.........................

SUB: DABO, SHIPPERS, WALKER, JONES, MASON, WILSON, DRYSDALE, BAKA. ECCLES, PASK.

SlowerThanPlatt

............................MOROSI.....................
...............OSTI.... MCFAZ....HYAM
.........KASTENEER.........................GILES
..........HAMER....................KELLY...........
...............ALLEN........O'HARE.................
.......................GODDEN.........................

SUB: DABO, SHIPPERS, WALKER, JONES, MASON, WILSON, DRYSDALE, BAKA. ECCLES, PASK.

Kastaneer is leaving the club

covcity4life

Alot of games in a compact calendar. It is good we have what looks a deep squad

We could have Jones walker baka as front 3 to five Allen o hare godden a rest whenever need too which is big

Or Shipley hilsner walker etc

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If everyone fit:

Marosi
Hyam Osti Rose
Dabo Kelly Hamer Giles
Allen O'Hare
Godden​

Personally I'd have Mason ahead of Giles as it stands, Godden/Walker will be an interesting battle (and may play together at times), Shipley will be pushing Allen and I reckon Jones will be pushing O'Hare.

If everyone is fit the only major concern there is cover at DCM.

Solved.

fernandopartridge

Current 11 would be (and I like continuity as much as possible from the team that got us here tbh)

Marosi
Rowe
Ostigard
McFadzean
Hyam
Giles
Kelly
Hamer
Allen
O'Hare
Godden

Subs
Sheaf
Shipley
Baka
Walker
Pask

shmmeee

I think if everyone was fit, I’d go for:

Maroši
Rose Hyam Østigård
Dabo Sheaf Hamer Giles
O’Hare
Walker Godden

S: Wilson, Pask, Shipley, Kelly, Jones, Hilßner, Baka

With Walker playing a little deeper than Godden.

I think. Some really tough decisions there though. Don’t envy Robins this year.

Bugsy

I think if everyone was fit, I’d go for:

Maroši
Rose Hyam Østigård
Dabo Sheaf Hamer Giles
O’Hare
Walker Godden

S: Wilson, Pask, Shipley, Kelly, Jones, Hilßner, Baka

With Walker playing a little deeper than Godden.

I think. Some really tough decisions there though. Don’t envy Robins this year.

Would have Allen at least on the bench... PUSB

Bugsy

Good point. I just don’t want to leave Kelly, or Shipley out. Allen for Shipley maybe. Or maybe Kelly.

Can we have ten subs this season?

Was thinking more of taking out Hillsner for him tbh but other than that great looking team.. PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread