What would our starting 11 be next season? (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

Was thinking more of taking out Hillsner for him tbh but other than that great looking team.. PUSB

He’s still got that new signing smell though! (TBF I’ve just realised I’ve left out Dacosta so maybe he can go)

Gibbo

Starts 3-4-3 for continuity's sake but after a few games reverts to 4-4-2, and with all bar Rose back fully fit

Marosi
Dabo-Ostigard-Hyam-Giles
O'Hara-Sheaf-Hamer-Allen
Walker-Godden

Shit loads of goals at both ends.

Mucca Mad Boys

Starts 3-4-3 for continuity's sake but after a few games reverts to 4-4-2, and with all bar Rose back fully fit

Marosi
Dabo-Ostigard-Hyam-Giles
O'Hara-Sheaf-Hamer-Allen
Walker-Godden

Shit loads of goals at both ends.

Is that a diamond or flat 4-4-2?

Frankly, I’d be very surprised if MR picks this team. No wingers, no leadership and a massive departure from what made us successful last year.

If we drop 5 at the back, we’ll most likely revert to 4-3-3.

Saddlebrains

Marosi
Hyam Osti Rose
Dabo Kelly Hamer Giles
Allen OHare
Godden

Subs

Wilson Mcfadz Mason Sheaf Shippers Jones Walker.

In the same formation as last year

Great_Expectations

Everyone fully fit:

Marosi
Ostigard McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Kelly Hamer Giles
O’Hare Allen
Godden

Caveats:

Hyam v Rose - not much to choose between the two at all, but Hyam tends to play on the left side and I think he’s (only just) the better footballer. Ultimately both are going to get equal game time.

McFadzean - lot of doubters, but one of the few with Championship experience. And by now everyone should be able to see and appreciate the importance of his leadership skills on the pitch. His lack of pace shouldn’t be an issue if he’s good enough positionally.

Kelly v Sheaf - said it a few times, but Kelly’s understated leadership was a key part of our success and will be again. He seems ponderous at times, but that’s his style as opposed to a weakness. Saying that, unfortunately he’s injury prone and this is another step up, so I expert Sheaf to get a lot of game time and potentially ultimately stake a strong claim to start.

Godden v Walker - wasn’t completely convinced of Godden last season, but ultimately he scored goals and improved as the season went on. He was our main striker last season and deserves to start. However Walkers stats speak for themselves and I don’t think it’ll be long before the two are interchangeable.

Mason - big fan of Mason and I actually think he’ll play more this season than last. He’s a defender first, whereas Giles is an attacker first, so I expect the two to swap depending on opposition.

Allen - we didn’t see much of him last year, but o think he’s very underrated. Looks a very tidy player and can create things in the hole behind Godden/Walker. I’m expecting a big season.

In terms of the first league game, the RWB spot is between Burroughs and Rowe. I don’t know much about the latter, but I’ve always liked Burroughs. It’s a big step for either of them but also a big opportunity too. Great we have such talent coming through the academy.

All in all, I believe even more than before we’re in for a great season.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think if everyone was fit, I’d go for:

Maroši
Rose Hyam Østigård
Dabo Sheaf Hamer Giles
O’Hare
Walker Godden

S: Wilson, Pask, Shipley, Kelly, Jones, Hilßner, Baka

With Walker playing a little deeper than Godden.

I think. Some really tough decisions there though. Don’t envy Robins this year.

Did you pick that team just so you can show off with your fancy new letters? ;)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is that a diamond or flat 4-4-2?

Frankly, I’d be very surprised if MR picks this team. No wingers, no leadership and a massive departure from what made us successful last year.

If we drop 5 at the back, we’ll most likely revert to 4-3-3.

I think he'd go 4-3-2-1, occassionally playing the extra striker than ACM.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think he'd go 4-3-2-1, occassionally playing the extra striker than ACM.

Has Robins ever played that formation before?

Viveash was at Chelsea under Conte and Robins is talking about building an identity and certain style of play. Frankly, I don’t really see us changing things up anytime soon.

shmmeee

Viveash was at Chelsea under Conte and Robins is talking about building an identity and certain style of play. Frankly, I don’t really see us changing things up anytime soon.

Started last season like that didn’t we?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's just the closest to our current formation with a back four, so less tinkering. DCM for CB - done. Would see Mason in for Giles I reckon as well.

PVA

We'll play the same formation as last season, with the odd game with two strikers and one AM, instead of the current 2 AMs and 1 striker.

SleepyGinger

Everyone fully fit:

Marosi
Ostigard McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Kelly Hamer Giles
O’Hare Allen
Godden

Caveats:

Hyam v Rose - not much to choose between the two at all, but Hyam tends to play on the left side and I think he’s (only just) the better footballer. Ultimately both are going to get equal game time.

McFadzean - lot of doubters, but one of the few with Championship experience. And by now everyone should be able to see and appreciate the importance of his leadership skills on the pitch. His lack of pace shouldn’t be an issue if he’s good enough positionally.

Kelly v Sheaf - said it a few times, but Kelly’s understated leadership was a key part of our success and will be again. He seems ponderous at times, but that’s his style as opposed to a weakness. Saying that, unfortunately he’s injury prone and this is another step up, so I expert Sheaf to get a lot of game time and potentially ultimately stake a strong claim to start.

Godden v Walker - wasn’t completely convinced of Godden last season, but ultimately he scored goals and improved as the season went on. He was our main striker last season and deserves to start. However Walkers stats speak for themselves and I don’t think it’ll be long before the two are interchangeable.

Mason - big fan of Mason and I actually think he’ll play more this season than last. He’s a defender first, whereas Giles is an attacker first, so I expect the two to swap depending on opposition.

Allen - we didn’t see much of him last year, but o think he’s very underrated. Looks a very tidy player and can create things in the hole behind Godden/Walker. I’m expecting a big season.

In terms of the first league game, the RWB spot is between Burroughs and Rowe. I don’t know much about the latter, but I’ve always liked Burroughs. It’s a big step for either of them but also a big opportunity too. Great we have such talent coming through the academy.

All in all, I believe even more than before we’re in for a great season.

All opinions but a fully fit Michael Rose is the first name on the team sheet for me.

fatso

All opinions but a fully fit Michael Rose is the first name on the team sheet for me.
Agreed, I'm suprised that everyone is starting with Ostigard, when he has next to no experience, and we haven't seen him play against anyone decent yet.
He's on the bench for me.

Magwitch

Everyone fit, team for Bristol

Marosi
Dabo Hyam McFadzean Rose Giles
O’Hare Hamer Kelly Allen Shipley
Godden
Subs:
Wilson, Pask,Osti, Sheaf, Jones,Baka, Walker.

That’s if we sign no-one else.

Be interesting which way MR goes if Dabo and Rose are out. I think he’ll keep formation with Pask and Osti in.

Jcap

Marosi
Godden
Subs:

Be interesting which way MR goes if Dabo and Rose are out. I think he’ll keep formation with Pask and Osti in.
I think we may fall foul of that pesky rule that states we can only play 11 players on the pitch at any time but otherwise I like it 😄

robbiekeane

Marosi
Godden
Subs:

Jesus Christ

Magwitch

No idea of what our first team will be to be honest. Obviously minus Walsh and McCallum from last season but we now have Sheaf, Hamer, Osti, Giles, Hilssner Walker all new a fit again Jodie Jones plus others and some youngsters knocking the door like Blain-Rowe, Eccles, Burroughs and possibly one or two newbies on paper it looks healthy and interesting.

DannyThomas_1981

No idea of what our first team will be to be honest. Obviously minus Walsh and McCallum from last season but we now have Sheaf, Hamer, Osti, Giles, Hilssner Walker all new a fit again Jodie Jones plus others and some youngsters knocking the door like Blain-Rowe, Eccles, Burroughs and possibly one or two newbies on paper it looks healthy and interesting.

Good points Magwitch.

I see the following as pretty much nailed on starters right now when fully fit: Marosi, Dabo, Rose, Hyam, Giles (LWB), Hamer, O'Hare.

The competition for other places in this side is amazing; in fact I can't remember a City squad with so much competition.

Even in the Premiership days the side more or less picked itself. Admittedly mostly the fault of Strachan for continuing to pick favourites (step forward Telf), completely failing to evolve the team and total failure in building a decent squad. Relegation was always going to be inevitable under his management as other teams kept moving forward. Robins is a totally different class of manager.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think giles will quckly come under scrutiny if his defending doesn't improve from what we've seen thus far

Users who are viewing this thread