What would happen if..... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajsccfc

90% of people in Coventry really aren't opposed to the idea of someone living in the near vicinity supporting the team.

torchomatic

Why is it? You've admitted in the past you have a problem with people not born in Coventry from supporting the team as you again mentioned in post #56. Nothing to twist.

I wouldn't worry about it,it's just torchy twisting the truth as usual.

italiahorse

So you'd be happy for the taxpayers of Coventry to subsidise a football club? Are you sure this would even be legal? It is interesting that you have never suggested this for the club you claim to support.

And you accuse move of being divisive - its hilarious - keep wumming.

How can it be divisive if CCFC have left Coventry :confused:

sbvet

Banned
CWR said he was "weeks" away from acquiring a part of the Ricoh while the bidding for the Club was happening.

CT also had quotes but I don't know to what nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWR is to journalism as Coca cola is to dentistry! This is the same CWR that said DiCanio was going to return straight back to Swindon! Stuart Linnell calls himself a journalist. A broadcaster is a better description, as he hasn't released a valid news item for years! Indeed I wouldn't refer to any of CWR of the CET sports people as journalists

valiant15

Why is it? You've admitted in the past you have a problem with people not born in Coventry from supporting the team as you again mentioned in post #56. Nothing to twist.

No i haven't.

Where in that post does it say i have a problem with outsiders supporting ccfc?

It doesn't.

RoboCCFC90

CWR is to journalism as Coca cola is to dentistry! This is the same CWR that said DiCanio was going to return straight back to Swindon! Stuart Linnell calls himself a journalist. A broadcaster is a better description, as he hasn't released a valid news item for years! Indeed I wouldn't refer to any of CWR of the CET sports people as journalists

As I said later quote some of the things we have heard this season can be suspicious. I find CWR generally alright to be honest better than BBC Devon*

*I sometimes listen to Exeter City's game when we are playing at Sixfields as I am not paying for the membership.

Grendel

Who in >90% of peoples mind would not exist if the stadium was built outside Coventry.
This comments on this thread are about options for the Ricoh when CCFC have left Coventry.

More lies I don't attend Sixfields but would if a ground was built in the area. Most Coventry fans would not want a pub side subsidised to play in a stadium that never offered CCFC the same deal.

Moff

Ill never give up following my hometown team unless they moved permanently out of the city,the bond is to strong.

Being an outsider that's something you will never feel.

You really are a dick at times.

I am a Coventrian, but my dad is from Newcastle. My dad was a Newcastle fan, but when he moved here changed to the City to support his local team, and because of his time and effort I became a fan and was able to watch the club with my old man. I have watched hundreds of games with him, and he is as passionate about the club as I am, but apparently not according to the utter shit you spout, that it doesn't mean as much if you weren't born in the city.

Does that make me a better fan than him because I am from Cov, does it hell. You just spout this utter shit to try to win an argument and its bollocks.

sbvet

Banned
As I said later quote some of the things we have heard this season can be suspicious. I find CWR generally alright to be honest better than BBC Devon*

*I sometimes listen to Exeter City's game when we are playing at Sixfields as I am not paying for the membership.

Agree first part, and as I am based down that there london mid week, only listen to CWR on weekends. I'll take your word on CWR in general, but Stuart Linnell thinks he is one of Woodward or Bernstein! Wasn't Linnell kicked off Mercia for allowing a hate campaign against Oggy's wife ages ago? I remember some sort of ruccous at the time. And I always find it a bit irksome a radio presenter putting himself across as Mr Coventry. Especially considering he broadcasts on northampton during the week, and how he jumps down the throat of anyone who disagrees with him! Not good considering he is working for BBC (sorry he doesn't "WORK" for the beeb, just presents a radio programme in Northampton using HIS name, and a sports programme on saturday as the MAIN presenter! Clearly what he considers "working for" and what I and HMRC consider "working for" are 2 different things!

Many builders are self employed but work for others. Mr Linnell just does not get this!

italiahorse

More lies I don't attend Sixfields but would if a ground was built in the area. Most Coventry fans would not want a pub side subsidised to play in a stadium that never offered CCFC the same deal.

Really?
My criteria is that the Coventry team MUST play in Coventry if I am to attend/support. I might think about it if it is close to the boundary.
But if outside the boundary and its closer to another town I'm out.
I'm not saying that I would support a 'pheonix' team just that ACL should consider it once CCFC have moved out of town..

valiant15

You really are a dick at times.

I am a Coventrian, but my dad is from Newcastle. My dad was a Newcastle fan, but when he moved here changed to the City to support his local team, and because of his time and effort I became a fan and was able to watch the club with my old man. I have watched hundreds of games with him, and he is as passionate about the club as I am, but apparently not according to the utter shit you spout, that it doesn't mean as much if you weren't born in the city.

Does that make me a better fan than him because I am from Cov, does it hell. You just spout this utter shit to try to win an argument and its bollocks.

Of course its not bollocks.

Im Coventry born and bred, the city and the club go hand in hand.

Do man u fans from bury have the same passion for man u as the mancs that were born and bred in the city.

Of course they fucking don't.

It's you that is talking utter shit.

NorthernWisdom

Of course its not bollocks.

Im Coventry born and bred, the city and the club go hand in hand.

Do man u fans from bury have the same passion for man u as the mancs that were born and bred in the city.

Of course they fucking don't.

It's you that is talking utter shit.

So just so's I'm clear...

Those born in Cov who then move out count in your list?

Those born in Rugby, say, who then move into Cov at 6months old count?

Sky Blue Kid

@ Moff....It's all about "Roots" mate. I don't believe for one second if Coventry played Newcastle that he wouldn't support "The Magpies" I've lived in South Wales for over 30 years, and played for Cardiff Devils and South Wales police teams(Ice Hockey) and would cheer on "The Blaze" rather than a Welsh team....Maybe your Dad is different from me, but have yet to meet a "Geordie" that isn't "Black and White" striped through and through.

valiant15

NW,You know full well what i mean.i If i started supporting Leicester would i have the same passion for the football club as someone who's lived in the city all his life?

People can support whoever they like,but all the years of shit,brummies, leicester folk etc taking the piss out of our city, the anger and elation comes out when we score against them.

That's the Coventry kid in me giving the finger to the bastards.

You really think someone who has no ties to Coventry apart from the club feels like that when it happens?

No chance.

Last edited:

Kingokings204

NW,You know full well what i mean.i If i started supporting Leicester would i have the same passion for the football club as someone who's lived in the city all his life?

People can support whoever they like,but all the years of shit,brummies, leicester folk etc taking the piss out of our city, the anger and elation comes out when we score against them.

You really think someone who has no ties to Coventry apart from the club feels like that when it happens?

No chance.

I am Coventry born and bred. Allesley in Coventry all my life and that will remain till I die hence why I hate man u fans etc. Glory fans. You can support Coventry if you should be mad enough but it that comes from relocation or anything then im afraid I don't have the same in common.

We are all fans correct but nothing makes me prouder than a Coventry city game and all fans from Coventry and we score a goal against Leicester or villa. Football was originated in cities and towns not through relocation or move jobs. When success and football took off fans went and support "big" teams.

Look back to that video from the 60's with JH and all singing our song. How many of those fans at HR that day on the pitch came from say Manchester. I would guess and not one.

Covstu

@ Moff....It's all about "Roots" mate. I don't believe for one second if Coventry played Newcastle that he wouldn't support "The Magpies" I've lived in South Wales for over 30 years, and played for Cardiff Devils and South Wales police teams(Ice Hockey) and would cheer on "The Blaze" rather than a Welsh team....Maybe your Dad is different from me, but have yet to meet a "Geordie" that isn't "Black and White" striped through and through.

Totally disagree, my Granda was Glasgow born and bred, lived about 2 mins away from Ibrox. When we moved our family down to Coventry back in the 60's for the automotive jobs, he loved he city. Prior to him passing away he would also say he was a city fan and not Rangers, as this city has been good for him and his family. All of his family are city fans now albeit Scottish in origin.

sky blue john

Maybe Moff and his dad are part of that rare breed of Cov fans that go to sixfields ?
The sixfield cov fans are the ones that really confuse me !!

Flying Fokker

No chance.

Ah, people seem to fall for this argument all the time. Vailantt may be wrong but he is only here for the wind up anyway.

Covstu

Soooooooo let me get this straight, we have Sixfielders, NOPM'ers, Outsiders, Cov Kid'ers....

Fuck me, can we segregate our fans base anymore, have i missed any factions out???:thinking about:

Samo

People can support any team they like and certainly don't need the approval of any narrow minded bigot on here

Sky Blue Kid

@ Covstu.....Why do you only mention Rangers? What about Celtic, and Partick Thistle? Rangers "Supporters Club" is right outside Celtic's ground!..........There are Birmingham fans who have always lived in Aston, and Villa fans who have always lived in (For example) Edgebaston....Aston is within Birmingham conurbation. My Grandad was born and bred in Accrington, he also played football for "Stanley" and Burnley, but moved to Coventry just like your grandad for the car factories. He followed Coventry, like I follow Cardiff, but there is only one team he truly "Followed"...The place of his birth..Accrington! like mine is Coventry.

Grendel

This thread is meandering all over the place - really because like the Northampton Sky Blues thread the initial hypothesis is just nonense.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Covstu.....Why do you only mention Rangers? What about Celtic, and Partick Thistle? Rangers "Supporters Club" is right outside Celtic's ground!..........There are Birmingham fans who have always lived in Aston, and Villa fans who have always lived in (For example) Edgebaston....Aston is within Birmingham conurbation. My Grandad was born and bred in Accrington, he also played football for "Stanley" and Burnley, but moved to Coventry just like your grandad for the car factories. He followed Coventry, like I follow Cardiff, but there is only one team he truly "Followed"...The place of his birth..Accrington! like mine is Coventry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread