What needs to happen in Jan window (1 Viewer)

SBT

It all feel a bit “Tavares is back soon” to me. There’s a reason players have the careers they have. We never would have signed him if he wasn’t ex Chelsea. He might be a fine backup but we’ve got two of them already. We need a goalie who commands his area and can kick a ball straight. It’s not too much to ask.
The “career he’s had” involves being a Championship regular for multiple seasons. This is not some rookie we’re talking about.

He was bought in to challenge Wilson for the #1 shirt and to help us transition to a new style of possession football out the back - he probably hoped he’d get more than one Carabao Cup game in August to have a go at it!

TomRad85

The “career he’s had” involves being a Championship regular for multiple seasons. This is not some rookie we’re talking about.

He was bought in to challenge Wilson for the #1 shirt and to help us transition to a new style of possession football out the back - he probably hoped he’d get more than one Carabao Cup game in August to have a go at it!
I know Google is my friend but was he the keeper when Barnsley got top 6 in Championship?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

If Rotherham were losing a keeper, I'd imagine Wilson would be a good replacement. Same with Moore.
To be fair to Collins he has had to be patient and wait his turn, Wilson was always going to start but definitely having a form wobble at the moment, perhaps time to see what Collins offers giving time perhaps for a decision re. goalkeeper in January.

Grendel

It all feel a bit “Tavares is back soon” to me. There’s a reason players have the careers they have. We never would have signed him if he wasn’t ex Chelsea. He might be a fine backup but we’ve got two of them already. We need a goalie who commands his area and can kick a ball straight. It’s not too much to ask.

Well we have two other players who were only signed as they were ex Chelsea and are a lot more expensive in terms of wages

Greggs

Fantasy football magical world where I can wave a wand and players disappear:

Out: All the GKs, Kelly, O’Hare (cash in), Tavares (waste of wages), Fadz (coaching and last resort, not let go)

In: 2 x GK, 2 x CM, AM, ST

More realistic: Moore and O’Hare out, 1 GK and the rest in.

GK - I fail to believe with a couple of mil in your skyrocket you can’t get better than Ben Wilson.
CM x 2 - Twi potential Hamers who can compete with each other or play in a three with Sheaf.
AM - Someone, anyone, with a final ball and the ability to score. Ideally does set pieces too why not?
ST - Another option for the three and to give us something Wright and Simms don’t. We lost Walker Vik and Waghorn and only got two in so we’re a man down here anyway. Ideally a target man type who can make the ball stick better.
Seen Tavares in Aldi

Grendel

No one is more expensive in terms of wages than someone who doesn’t play.

He will play - he’s played over 100 championship games

slowpoke

For some of the games. Played 22 that season. Played 40 the next though!
I think last season he got injured and couldn’t back in, bit of an occupational hazard for keepers.
Should he get his chance he needs to be given a fair chance from us fans.

shmmeee

I think last season he got injured and couldn’t back in, bit of an occupational hazard for keepers.
Should he get his chance he needs to be given a fair chance from us fans.

I’ll give him a chance. And he’s only 26. But I’m just saying being a regular in a relegation team isn’t the accolade some seem to think. He’s fine as a cheap backup that’s well known and might come good, but any keeper worth their salt should be making it impossible for Wilson to stay in the team right now.

slowpoke

I’ll give him a chance. And he’s only 26. But I’m just saying being a regular in a relegation team isn’t the accolade some seem to think. He’s fine as a cheap backup that’s well known and might come good, but any keeper worth their salt should be making it impossible for Wilson to stay in the team right now.
Odd situation for him going from a play-off team for the Premiership to being relegated the next season year, take note MR.

Hincha

Unless the CM we’re signing is of Hamer’s level and engine (which seems unlikely) we need to sign 2 and play 3 in midfield.

You can’t play 2 in midfield unless one of your CMs is significantly better than the opposition (like Hamer was) and can still outrun them despite being a man light. It’s no coincidence the only premier league teams who have won the league in the last 10 years with 2 in the middle have included Kante.

I don’t think our midfielders our bad. They’re just outnumbered so get overrun every single game.

Briles

This isn't a situation we can buy our way out of I'm afraid. He's splashed out and likely promised a lot to key players, we need a CM and a RB really and that's all. It's up to the coaching team to drill our identity into who we already have

wingy

This isn't a situation we can buy our way out of I'm afraid. He's splashed out and likely promised a lot to key players, we need a CM and a RB really and that's all. It's up to the coaching team to drill our identity into who we already have
We have Burroughs?

calibrase6

We looked better with 4 at the back and we need the extra man in midfield. Assuming Robins may have seen the light as well, then in a 4-3-3 line up we have two potential teams, ill list them as probables and possibles.
Probables:
Wilson
Latabadieure Mcfadzean Binks Bidwell

Eccles Sheaf
Sakamoto Allen Wright
Godden

Possibles:
Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Da Silva

Ayari Kelly

Tavares Ohare ?????
Simms

Based on the above its clear we need three more players urgently. A replacement for Tavares who is not championship level, an inside left forward in a similar mould to Wright for competition/cover there and a replacement for Ayari who needs sending back to Brighton tomorrow as he has been comfortably the worse signing in the summer. Also need to also be thinking about next summer bringing in replacements for Mcfadzean Godden and Kelly as at 38, 33 and 34 respectively all three are likely to be significantly less effective next season and if we are serious about promotion we need two players for each position. Obviously if Wilson is reverting back to type from a couple of seasons a go we will also need another goalkeeper.
So three players in January, another 3 in the summer maybe 4, perhaps 5 if Ohare goes. Still quite a rebuilding process needed. So i think we need to be patient and just grin and bear whats going to be a very difficult frustrating season.

Hobo

Out:

3 senior keepers - Collins is new, Wilson is not Champ standard and Moore has an easy life. Moore needs to be sent out on loan at least if not a free. Sign a quality keeper if Collins isn’t given a chance and proves his worth.

Fadz - not quite out of the door but he moves to the bench as a back up player. He’s out the door in summer for sure.

Ayari - back to Brighton. Waste of space and money. Doesn’t have the balls for Championship football.

CoH - if he hasn’t signed a contract by Xmas move him out if someone offers a big transfer fee for him, an even a few million? He can of course talk to any clubs from Jan. However, is it worth just keeping him till the end of the season and say farewell? Quite possibly as we won’t be able to replace him quality wise. Depends on his fitness as well.

Tavares - he’s never a Championship footballer and he needs to be sent out on loan to regain fitness and game time.

In:

GK - top quality keeper needed. I like Johansson of Rotherham.

CB - we need a quality CB who knows this division. Just get whoever that is to replace Fadz. It’s a priority.

CM - we need a dynamic midfield player who can hit the ground running. Box to box action player. Will cost a decent sum no doubt.

CM - need another experienced CM player who knows this division and can be relied upon. Could be a loan.

ST - potentially if Tavares sent out.

You do realise players under contract don't have to move anywhere don't you?

Ann Proctor-Brown

He missed nearly all of last season with injury, was released by Reading in the summer and hasn’t been able to get a club in the meantime. What makes you think he would be a suitable signing for us Ann?
yes i know he was injured alot last season but is a leader and could replace fadz.Was going to Brighton at one stage for 10 million.

mmttww

DK to go back to Shitfield utd , offer them £20 mil and bring Hamer home
Stand-Up Lol GIF by Muppet Wiki

Sky Blue Harry H

He missed nearly all of last season with injury, was released by Reading in the summer and hasn’t been able to get a club in the meantime. What makes you think he would be a suitable signing for us Ann?
She (he) wants us to sign him, so that she (he) will be armed with another knife to stick in MR's back.

SBbucks

We looked better with 4 at the back and we need the extra man in midfield. Assuming Robins may have seen the light as well, then in a 4-3-3 line up we have two potential teams, ill list them as probables and possibles.
Probables:
Wilson
Latabadieure Mcfadzean Binks Bidwell

Eccles Sheaf
Sakamoto Allen Wright
Godden

Possibles:
Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Da Silva

Ayari Kelly

Tavares Ohare ?????
Simms

Based on the above its clear we need three more players urgently. A replacement for Tavares who is not championship level, an inside left forward in a similar mould to Wright for competition/cover there and a replacement for Ayari who needs sending back to Brighton tomorrow as he has been comfortably the worse signing in the summer. Also need to also be thinking about next summer bringing in replacements for Mcfadzean Godden and Kelly as at 38, 33 and 34 respectively all three are likely to be significantly less effective next season and if we are serious about promotion we need two players for each position. Obviously if Wilson is reverting back to type from a couple of seasons a go we will also need another goalkeeper.
So three players in January, another 3 in the summer maybe 4, perhaps 5 if Ohare goes. Still quite a rebuilding process needed. So i think we need to be patient and just grin and bear whats going to be a very difficult frustrating season.

Fadz in a back four

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread