What is our best team (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

The more I think about things , we looked better early season than in recent matches ..

Possibility of Robins being torn between his Kelly loyalty and what's right , Robins wanting to try godden and vik ... with that in mind our best team for me is

Moore
Maatson
JCS
Fadz
Hyam
Dabo
Hamer
Sheaf
O Hare
Waghorn
Vik

I know some may disagree , I just feel this is our best starting 11 .. I actually wanted godden over waghorn , and maybe vik isn't fully fit but vik looks better with waghorn .. matty a great squad player to have ..
For me , we play too deep with Kelly

Hyam and Rose will probably be the main talking point

Thoughts

shmmeee

I think based on what we’ve seen you’re probably right. Personally I’d have Rose in ahead of Hyam cos I like passing innit? I like Walker and Godden but think as a team we are better with Waghorn.

Recently I’d be tempted to give Kane a shot at RWB, but he’s a long way off proving he’s a better option than Dabo.

clint van damme

The more I think about things , we looked better early season than in recent matches ..

Possibility of Robins being torn between his Kelly loyalty and what's right , Robins wanting to try godden and vik ... with that in mind our best team for me is

Moore
Maatson
JCS
Fadz
Hyam
Dabo
Hamer
Sheaf
O Hare
Waghorn
Vik

I know some may disagree , I just feel this is our best starting 11 .. I actually wanted godden over waghorn , and maybe vik isn't fully fit but vik looks better with waghorn .. matty a great squad player to have ..

Thoughts

That's what I'd go with and agree that Rose for Hyam would be the major talking point.

Would also consider 1 up top away from home.

mds

Pretty much agree with that, would maybe like to see Kane given a run as i think he finds space further forward better than Dabo, much better delivery also, not convinced by either yet at the defensive end of the pitch. sheaf all day long over Kelly, he offers so much more even with the odd error in his judgement.

Londonccfcfan

Away from home id go for Allen over Waghorn - Depending on the game ie if it was a top half team.

And in some games at home id go for Allen for Sheaf. with 2 strikers.

Liquid Gold

Moore
Maatson
JCS
Fadz
Hyam
Dabo
Hamer
Sheaf
O Hare
Waghorn
Vik

Thoughts
It is still this atm.

As you said Hyam for Rose is an argument as Hyam is in bad form. JCS and Fadz pick themselves, as does Maatsen but for the reason there is no other option.

Dabo still ahead of Kane as I think he has a better all round game but with the competition now if he doesn't improve his end product then Kane will be breathing down his neck, if only for 30 minutes here and there.

Midfield pick our best two which is Hamer and Sheaf.

Gyo is our best striker so we give him the tools to play his best which is Waghorn, as unfair as that may be to Godden and Walker.

Hertsccfc

Moore
Maatson
JCS
Fadz
Hyam
Dabo
Hamer
Sheaf
O Hare
Waghorn
Vik

Thoughts
I think that is about right, although I would still be inclined to replace Waghorn with Godden. Also feel Rose should be in somehow but not sure who he replaces.

I see people saying replace Dabo with Kane. Kane us fine but Dabo certainly plays as far as I am concerned.

JAM See

Someone will come along and leave out O'Hare soon. There was a poster last season who hated him and wanted him replaced with Allen every week.
I've got to be honest, I thought O'Hare was due for a rest until Saturday.

He was like the Duracell bunny against Derby.

Undroppable if he keeps up that form and energy.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Moore
Maatson
JCS
Fadz
Hyam
Dabo
Hamer
Sheaf
O Hare
Waghorn
Vik

Thoughts

Hard to disagree with that really. We have been playing our best when that team is out.

I get the argument about Walker, but I don´t think he offers as much as Godden. Amazing assist against Fulham for example, can´t imagine him doing that. Or diving so well! Waghorn has built a good partnership though so it is hard to see past him either. Tough, although I suppose it is not a bad issue to have.

Defensively I think we are quite weak at times. Maatsen concerns me, but who else do we have? Think we can do well this season, but the tactics and personaal need a little tweaking at times.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hard to disagree with that really. We have been playing our best when that team is out.

I get the argument about Walker, but I don´t think he offers as much as Godden. Amazing assist against Fulham for example, can´t imagine him doing that. Or diving so well! Waghorn has built a good partnership though so it is hard to see past him either. Tough, although I suppose it is not a bad issue to have.

Defensively I think we are quite weak at times. Maatsen concerns me, but who else do we have? Think we can do well this season, but the tactics and personaal need a little tweaking at times.

It's a shame really that young Reid is so far away from even being back up for LWB. Hope he gets a loan in January.

SlowerThanPlatt

The few games I’ve seen of him he’s a capable defender but going forward offers little. Can’t see him getting into our squad anytime soon if we continue with 5 at the back

TTG

I think I've got a migraine just thinking about it

Paxman II

Sorry but Waghorn gets nowhere near the starting 11 for me if everyone fit.
Gykores, and Godden. Walker chomping at the bit. Godden will come deeper to collect at times, Walker simply not that player. So possibly Sheaf instead of Kelly, but how many times have we seen Kelly improve dramatically after a few games?

fernandopartridge

Moore
Maatson
JCS
Fadz
Hyam
Dabo
Hamer
Sheaf
O Hare
Waghorn
Vik

Thoughts

Agree with possibly the exception of Rose in for Hyam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

The fact it isn't nailed on and we have options for discussion in almost all areas of the pitch can only be positive, but as I mentioned on a previous thread, the one area we can't afford an injury or suspension is GK. Moore the best keeper we've had for a very long time.

rob9872

Waghorn may not be an out and or goalscorer but his work rate and Championship complements Gyos play and therefore should be our first choice over Godden and Walker

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
Agree he's best for Vik, but it's about the team not only Vik and the others offer us a different option as an alternative goal threat. Not saying better but certainly different and I don't think it's a cut and dried decision. Rightly different options for different games.

Last edited:

Harries11

Moore
Dabo - Hyam - Fadz - JCS - Ian
Hamer - Sheaf
O'Hare
Godden Vik

Interesting that people are leaving Dabo for Kane. Whilst Kanes delivery may be a slight improvement on Dabos (at times), he does not have the same link up play that Fanky has with Gus and O'Hare, believe all three of them are integral cogs in what we try to do and how we try to play. I think Sheaf an Allen should be rotated in that other central position, dependant on opposition, although im sure Kelly will play a good part in our season. Upfront is different one, i think Vik plays best alongside Waghorn as his off the ball play is top notch IMO, but i think Godden will offer you more most of the time.

Walker just does not do it for me, i dont know what it is, he just strikes me as so lethargic, the last couple games have been an improvement, but i still wouldnt feel confident if he was to lead the line. Hope he can prove me wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread