What era were you!!!!! (1 Viewer)

sotv1987

Just looked through the list, my first game was the kit that was 1974/75 season.

Yours??????
coventry_city_1974-1975.gif

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Coventry_City/Coventry_City.htm

sky_blue_up_north

The Golden Jimmy Hill Era 1962/67

coventry_city_1962-1967.gif
pencil.png

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
Not sure if it was 72-74 or 74 -75!! 0-0 at home to Dirty Leeds :D

13 April 1974!!! The 1972 - 1974 Kit

Last edited:

skyblueman

'73 - home game against Leeds - I was five and thought it was bloody awesome - we won but my dad took me out a bit early as there darts and other things being thrown over our heads - all good clean fun !!

woody11462

85/86 is the year the old man first took me to Highfield Road i think but I was 6 do don't remember too much bout it.

skybluejelly

77-78 cov 5 Chelsea 1 what a start the most I have seen them score until Hinckley.... Still love that kit

Last edited:

skyblueexile

this victor meldrew goes back to 57/58 - yes I am an old git OF 63 saw first match aged 8.5

I can even remember the highfield road slope lightening and more :claping hands: so much success

due to illness don't get very often BUT I BELIEVE THIS SEASON WE WILL TURN THE CORNER

PUSB :wave:

Buster

"Aye Aye Aye Aye ,Glazier is better then Yashin,Gibson is better than Eusabio and you are in for a thrashin"------ Crap song but sounded great singing in the middle of the West End. That must make my early visits in the late 60s . Dont know what the strip was like, sky blue at a guess. Didnt see a lot of football in the early years , im only short and it used to get packed on the terraces . Ian Gibson true hero

blueflint

1954 til now :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

SkyblueDave89

Lads in Manchester take the piss over our brown away kit so glad they didn't see the Green & Red kit from 1922-24!! God we've gone on to look like Sheffield Wed, Blackburn & dirty Leeds thank god for Jimmy Hill! My 1st kit & game 1968 still the best kit in my eyes, remember my dad having to make a stool to take with us so I could see the game from the Kop, also remember every team had star players.

valiant15

I'm not sure who my first home game was against but my first away game was blackburn in 79ish,i think it was a cup game,we lost 1-0,i was about 6 years old.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As usual, threads like these always throw up different reminisences. I love 'em! So many fantastic memories of some great games during our history, no matter when you started supporting the club. Come on guys (and lasses), keep 'em comin'!

Oh for an Ian Gibson.

First game 1959, white kit prior to sky blue era. Heroes of the day were Ron Hewitt, Billy Myerscough and Stewart Imlach. Happy memories of Highfield Road before it's redevelopment.

torchomatic

72/73 was my first season so this is my fortieth year. It would have been sky blue top with the black V and black shorts.

The first kit I remember having was the tramline one, I had the tracksuit too. Here I am wearing half of it at our school sports day, 1978:
2297_67867876141_1065_n.jpg

sylus

my first game...14th april 73...derby county home. lost 2.0.

been hooked ever since..

Last edited:

AlexJohnson93

My first game was on 19 Sep 1998. City vs Newcastle. I would have been 4 years old. City lost 5-1 and Alan Shearer got a hat-trick. I fuckin' hated it, was way too loud for me. Came back for some reason though :thinking about:

LastGarrison

My first game was on 19 Sep 1998. City vs Newcastle. I would have been 4 years old. City lost 5-1 and Alan Shearer got a hat-trick. I fuckin' hated it, was way too loud for me. Came back for some reason though :thinking about:

Jeez that makes me feel old.

Not as old as some of the fuckers above but still old. :D

ccfcdan

First kit I got was the Liverpool one with candy on the front. I then started going up to Highfield road to watch the reserves for a pound. Finally started watching the first team once my paper round money started to come in.

neilyboy67

77/78 was my first regular season with the welsh kit, and through to 82/83 talbot kit hardly a home match missed so deffo my era, first away match september 1980 at man utd and im sure a nil nil draw.......god.... and i used to slag em off for being crap

mozza1890

1998 or 97 v everton... Think we lost 2-1.. Sat behind Neville southall in one of the halves!!... I was 7 or 8 at the time so not 100% sure

georgehudson

white with blue outers, roy kirk, nelson stiffle, bill myerscough, billy frith was my junior headmaster,
therefore qualify as a T.O.F.

Noel Cantwell era 1967 -68. Sky Blue with no badges on it, had chewing gum just inside the band around the neck. Had an Everton shirt first (Mum's from Liverpool). Needed a good one for house football at Broadway Junior Boys in Earlsdon.

AngryAnt

think the 92/93 shirt was the one i first remember...

I still think the 97/98 shirt is my fav though, love that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread