What era were you!!!!! (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

1992 vs Leeds. Ticket cost a fiver! I remember there was loads of trouble at the end. I think due to stoppage time!

Sky_Blue_Daz

First season ticket was in 97/98 I was 21 we beat Chelsea at home first home game of the season 3-2 Beat Man U 3-2 Beat Villa away in the cup 1-0
Played some great football then lost to sheff Utd I was convinced we were gonna win the Fa Cup that year.
Dublin Huckerby Whealn Boetang bossing the midfield at Anfield.
Although I had been going to Highfield road since 83 I was 7

Sky_Blue_Daz

Oh Aye and the home Kit from that season was the best ever

woody11462

First season ticket was in 97/98 I was 21 we beat Chelsea at home first home game of the season 3-2 Beat Man U 3-2 Beat Villa away in the cup 1-0
Played some great football then lost to sheff Utd I was convinced we were gonna win the Fa Cup that year.
Dublin Huckerby Whealn Boetang bossing the midfield at Anfield.
Although I had been going to Highfield road since 83 I was 7

I remember that year. I had moved up to Merseyside by then but me and the old man were still travelling down every other week for home games. Was that the Dublin hatrick and Sinclair and Flo scored for them? Sinclair pulled his shorts down and got booked? And Dublin missed a pen against Sheff Utd. He went the same way for the previous 7 pens (to the keepers left?) and went the same way again and it was saved!!!

ampthill_sba

The strip worn when I first visited Highfield Road was the 1981-83 kit with the big 'T' on it. I didn't own a kit though until the 1991-2 season with the illuminous green Peugeot sponsor.

ampthill_sba

The strip worn when I first visited Highfield Road was the 1981-83 kit with the big 'T' on it. I didn't own a kit though until the 1991-2 season with the illuminous green Peugeot sponsor.

Never had a season ticket in the prem but have had one every year since we entered the C'ship...and now in L1...

Astute

First game for me was in the 70's. Won a ticket at the school I was at, Queens Rd Jnr in Funeaton. So long ago I can't remember what I won it at. It was against Liverpool. I was in a Cov end, but surrounded by Liverpool fans :eek: When the game kicked off I was looking around as something was wrong. The noise was great, but must have been blocking out the sound of the commentary as I couldn't hear it like you can watching it on TV. Felt a bit of an idiot when I found out you didn't have commentary at a game :D Am I alone on expecting this? :thinking about:

First started going to the odd game about 1980 or just after. That was jumping over the wall, sneaking in or waiting until after half time if we couldn't get in. By about 1982 I was obtaining my own funds to pay to get in. That was it. I was hooked. It was about this time that kids could get on any bus for 2p. The first away games we did were the Brummie games. 2p to get to Brum on the bus :) Fully hooked by then. Then we all know what was happening other than the football :( Followed us everywhere, only missing about 1 game a season home and away once I started work.

ampthill_sba

The noise was great, but must have been blocking out the sound of the commentary as I couldn't hear it like you can watching it on TV. Felt a bit of an idiot when I found out you didn't have commentary at a game :D Am I alone on expecting this?

The modern equivalent is watching a moment and wanting to see it again; mentally reaching for the remote to rewind live tv and realising you're not watching telly :D

Astute

The modern equivalent is watching a moment and wanting to see it again; mentally reaching for the remote to rewind live tv and realising you're not watching telly :D

Or the game is so sh!te you want to FF it to the end :D

sylus

First game for me was in the 70's. Won a ticket at the school I was at, Queens Rd Jnr in Funeaton. So long ago I can't remember what I won it at. It was against Liverpool. I was in a Cov end, but surrounded by Liverpool fans :eek: When the game kicked off I was looking around as something was wrong. The noise was great, but must have been blocking out the sound of the commentary as I couldn't hear it like you can watching it on TV. Felt a bit of an idiot when I found out you didn't have commentary at a game :D Am I alone on expecting this? :thinking about:

First started going to the odd game about 1980 or just after. That was jumping over the wall, sneaking in or waiting until after half time if we couldn't get in. By about 1982 I was obtaining my own funds to pay to get in. That was it. I was hooked. It was about this time that kids could get on any bus for 2p. The first away games we did were the Brummie games. 2p to get to Brum on the bus :) Fully hooked by then. Then we all know what was happening other than the football :( Followed us everywhere, only missing about 1 game a season home and away once I started work.

i to attended queens rd school in nuneaton.. 74-77.went to robinsons end school for one last year..then went to etone.78-82

ccfc_will

95/96.... 8th April 1996 vs Man Utd at Old Trafford, Busst bust his leg, Cantona scored, Whelan(?) nearly equalised at the end, couldn't see a fucking thing. Bought a Cov scarf outside the ground which I still have :)

Astute

We were at Queens road at the same time I think, but you would have been in one of the years above me.

Born 68, went to Abbey green, then went there. Left when I was 11 when we moved back to Cov. Was in the last year that had the 1st year at the separate school in Coundon at Coundon Court school.

rob9872

Never had a season ticket in the prem but have had one every year since we entered the C'ship...and now in L1...

Jonah! Why couldn't you have supported ManUre instead? :D

Astute

95/96.... 8th April 1996 vs Man Utd at Old Trafford, Busst bust his leg, Cantona scored, Whelan(?) nearly equalised at the end, couldn't see a fucking thing. Bought a Cov scarf outside the ground which I still have :)

A game I will never forget. That game should have been called off. None of the players wanted to continue. Don't think there would have been complaints from any fans either. It did me when they washed the blood away from the pitch. Buust was starting to look such a prospect as well. Such a shocking injury from what seemed like nothing.

ccfc_will

A game I will never forget. That game should have been called off. None of the players wanted to continue. Don't think there would have been complaints from any fans either. It did me when they washed the blood away from the pitch. Buust was starting to look such a prospect as well. Such a shocking injury from what seemed like nothing.

I was only 9 at the time, I knew something bad had happened but I couldn't really appreciate the seriousness of the situation. As I said, didn't actually see it anyway, everyone was stood up.

sky_blue_up_north

torchomatic

When I was a kid we had the wrestling on the tele on Saturday afternoons. Did Hugh Johns commentate on that as well? Kendo Nagasaki!

torchomatic

His real name was Shirley I seem to remember. The British wrestling was much better! Went to see Kendo at the Spa Centre once. He was about 90. Well, I couldn't see his face so I'm guessing, obviously.

torchomatic

Nope you're not the only one. Les Kellet. Now there's a name from the past.

TV Jackie Pallo, Mick McManus ,Les kellet
Please tell me im not the only one to remember these!

Voice_of_Reason

white with blue outers, roy kirk, nelson stiffle, bill myerscough, billy frith was my junior headmaster,
therefore qualify as a T.O.F.

Agree with you ! Roy Kirk, Ken Jones, Martin Macdonald, Gordon Nott, Eddie Brown, Alf Wood, Noel Simpson, Ray Sambrook, Ian Jamieson, Reg Matthews, Peter Taylor (of Clough and Taylor fame). Ken Satchwell. Wish I was 13 again ! That kit was the best ever !

glamour76

My first game was home to Liverpool in 83. Gibson hattrick. Who knows, if Liverpool had won maybe I would have been a Liverpool fan. Thing is, I know we appreciate 3 points far more than any "top 4 club". Man city have the money, Madrid have the players, I still wouldn't change the team I love.

Astute

His real name was Shirley I seem to remember. The British wrestling was much better! Went to see Kendo at the Spa Centre once. He was about 90. Well, I couldn't see his face so I'm guessing, obviously.

Shirley was big daddy :D The best bouts were big daddy against giant haystacks. Big Daddy won about every bout

skyblueexile

voice of reason - so many memories pre kings lynn and JH

MY FAVOURITES ALWAYS COME BACK TO RON FARMERS PENALTIES - IN OFF THE POST - FROM 60'S

AND OF COURSE THE SLOPING PITCH OF 50'S

C'MOM THE OLD 5:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

torchomatic

Oh yeah, that's right. Thanks Astute.

Shirley was big daddy :D The best bouts were big daddy against giant haystacks. Big Daddy won about every bout

Users who are viewing this thread