What do we need now ? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

long way home

Bit hard to have pushed Rose, Macfazdean or Hyam when you are in the Cambridge United promotion set up

I understand and agree but stated him pushing which implies now, this is his chance to be compared and fight for his place. Last year it was decided a loan would benefit him. This preseason it may end in the same decision. I hope he gets a chance and shows his potential.

Alkhen

LIAM WALSH, 100% I'm sure they are working hard to get him, there will be massive competition so if they pull it off it will be a miracle

Saddlebrains

Why are we saying we need just Osti or an Osti replacement for the back 3?

We're crying out for a left footed centre half also, weak point last season.

Mcfadz isnt getting any younger.

We need Osti and another.

Rose when fit is good enough, so to have Mcfadz and Hyam as bench option's is good for depth.

So yea, 2 centre halfs needed

AFCCOVENTRY

Rose when fit is good enough, so to have Mcfadz and Hyam as bench option's is good for depth.

Defence at the moment is very weak. Can we get a whole season out of Fadz at his age? Rose was injured for most of last season and didn’t look great when he played. Hyam had his moment.

I think we need 2 new CBs.

Also LB needs sorting, but if the rumours that Sam is coming back again then that should be fine with Reid as back up.

rexo87

Agree. CB is a crucial position for us to improve. Ideally Hyam and Fadz will both be backups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Defence at the moment is very weak. Can we get a whole season out of Fadz at his age? Rose was injured for most of last season and didn’t look great when he played. Hyam had his moment.

I think we need 2 new CBs.

Also LB needs sorting, but if the rumours that Sam is coming back again then that should be fine with Reid as back up.
In our run up to the end of the season did our “very” weak defence concede ?

Mr Panda

I guess what worries me a little is that didn't Robins say in a CET article that we'll probably manage 5? I'm not sure if that 5 included loan signings but we've got 3 already (that's if you don't count Sheaf and believe Victor is done)

LB is next big priority

cc84cov

With transfers coming a long like busses the last few days If its true we are also signing. Gykoes then thats the forward line taken care off.

what area’s do we still need to replace and strengthen ?

A good reliable number 1 that can control their box and not frightened of claiming crosses is a must

A left back or two is urgently needed

At least one midfielder to replace James

Anyone else?
Moore will be number 1 I don’t see another keeper coming he’s also wearing the number 1 training kit

Northeast sky blue

I guess what worries me a little is that didn't Robins say in a CET article that we'll probably manage 5? I'm not sure if that 5 included loan signings but we've got 3 already (that's if you don't count Sheaf and believe Victor is done)

LB is next big priority
Didn't they backtrack on that article and then say it was at least 7

ccfcricoh

LB - Mccallum loan would be fine
2xCB - Ostigard would be lovely as one
CM - cover for Kelly
AM - competition for O'Hare
ST - Gyokeres and sorted

Most of them could even be loans - we maxed out with 5 last season so no reason we wont again, think we have a few new faces to come!

SkyBlueMatt

A West Cornwall Pasty shop, that'll be good.

As for players, we need a CB and LB then I'd love to see some pacy attacking midfielders. I know that Robins doesn't really play that formation that utilises them but I think that would improve us no end. Easy said than done, getting one in but with the hundreds of youth players that PL clubs stockpile, theres surely one available to us.

Users who are viewing this thread