What do we need now ? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

With transfers coming a long like busses the last few days If its true we are also signing. Gykoes then thats the forward line taken care off.

what area’s do we still need to replace and strengthen ?

A good reliable number 1 that can control their box and not frightened of claiming crosses is a must

A left back or two is urgently needed

At least one midfielder to replace James

Anyone else?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

AM. Jodi might be earmarked for that but I'd still like to see another option. ove on Allen and Shipley if necessary/possible.

CB.

steve101

A quick centre-back, ideally left footed. I would say that would be a priority over another midfielder, with Josh Eccles potentially pushing through. Depending on the future plans for Dacosta, maybe a right wing back. If Dabo has another injury plagued season we will struggle there. I personally hope we keep Mason to offer an option if we play a back four.

wingy

With transfers coming a long like busses the last few days If its true we are also signing. Gykoes then thats the forward line taken care off.

what area’s do we still need to replace and strengthen ?

A good reliable number 1 that can control their box and not frightened of claiming crosses is a must

A left back or two is urgently needed

At least one midfielder to replace James

Anyone else?
Not sure about James?
We managed half a season without him,stats wise nothing changed or in fact deteriorated slightly up until QPR and the team meeting.
Points wise the improvement came over those last 5 or so games.

Saddlebrains

If Moore is a done deal then

1× LWB
2 × CB
1 × CM
1 × AM
1 × ST

6 more needed.

Ideally get Drysdale, Bapaga and Eccles a top end L1 Loan. Bilson L2 loan

Ideally shift on Pask, Allen, Shipley, Jobello, Mason, Hillsner, Kastaneer.

Smaller squad but with more quality is the order i feel

Ccfcisparks

1× LWB
2 × CB
1 × CM
1 × AM
1 × ST

6 more needed.

Imo we need at least 2 AM

D

Deleted member 2477

Id keep Allen if he can perform for 90 minutes. He has a good strike on him and runs at defenders. He just needs to step up and be more consistent

slowpoke

1× LWB
2 × CB
1 × CM
1 × AM
1 × ST

6 more needed.

Why loan out Eccles, Drysdale or Bapaga ?

Esoterica

In terms of what we need, I think we’re almost there. An umlaut on the o, one more e and an r and then we’re sorted.

wingy

1× LWB
2 × CB
1 × CM
1 × AM
1 × ST

6 more needed.

The first part requires a modicum of hope and fortune to come off across the season

The second part largely has to happen.
Allen already linked to a few L1 teams.

Edit:- sorry I misread the first part.

steve101

Id keep Allen if he can perform for 90 minutes. He has a good strike on him and runs at defenders. He just needs to step up and be more consistent
I agree. I think he is a good back up for O'Hare. When he got up to speed he was busy and has a great first touch. Not strong enough as a defensive midfielder but certainly capable further forward, as a squad player at least.

oakey

We let 8 go - 5 loans + Marosi, Biamou and Bakayoko.
We need 5 more minimum
GK = Moore for Marosi
CB (Ostigard)
LB (McCallum)
CM = Sheaf
CM (James)
CF Waghorn replaces Biamou
CF (Baka)
CF (Gyokeres)

AM is also wanted but MR might have JJ in mind.
Three more to come on perms and 5 loans would be my guess and three out from pool of Allen, Jobello, Kasta, Shipley and other fringe players.

Gibbo

1× LWB
2 × CB
1 × CM
1 × AM
1 × ST

6 more needed.

Last year we used 24 players. This year?
Last year in brackets

2 (2) - Goalie - Moore and Wilson
3 (4) - Central defence - Rose, MacFadz, Hyam. Assume Drysdale has a further loan as he is not an Osti replacement.
3 (4) - Full backs - Burroughs, Pask and Dabo on the right - but as Reid is not ready, we need two left backs
4 (6) - Midfielders - O'Hare, Sheaf, Hamer, Kelly and Eccles
4 (5) - Out and out strikers. This appears to be sorted unless Godden goes - Gyokeres, Walker, Godden and Waghorn
4 (4) - Capable of doing a turn if injuries hit? Allen, DaCosta, Shipley,Jobello,
19 plays 24

2 (1) - In the squad but for experience only: Bapaga, Tavares
3 (3) - Not up to the job - Kasta, Hillsner, Mason

Expect loans to fill the gaps

The gaps
Left back/Left wing back x 2
A quality central defender to replace Osti
A midfielder:-
- Because the injury/attrition rate in this position is highest.
- But to what standard is unclear, given that Hamer, Sheaf and Kelly expect to be in the first team?
- And we have plenty of 'squad' cover so why get rid of our journeymen to replace them with more of the same?

Please don't quible about my classifications - it is the central point that counts....

long way home

MR will be trying to get at least 4 out the door on permanent deals and 3 more more on loans agreements. He has players on the bubble who he needs to make decisions on the likes of Allen, Drysdale, Hillsner & Pask are in my opinion really on that edge of being shown the door if he has better within or can bring in better quality. Allen and Drysdale we could get money for I suspect. Others like Kasta, Joebello and Mason are outside looking in and need to leave, harder to move on if MR wants money for but wages off the budget would be just as helpful in my mind.

If that's what happens I see 3/4 more perm signing and depending on that number 3/4 loans in. The positions are pretty much in every department, but would hope a FW or LB would be the next announced. Not a bad start to the window but after last season with the squad he had MR will know what he needs to push on to get higher up the league. Next week expect a few more in or out.

CDK

If Gyo is back
C.B
2 left wing back
Cover A.M
A young wide speed merchant to give us added edge.

skyblueinBaku

I'd be really surprised if Drysdale was shown the door unless it's a loan deal to a League 1 team.
MR will be trying to get at least 4 out the door on permanent deals and 3 more more on loans agreements. He has players on the bubble who he needs to make decisions on the likes of Allen, Drysdale, Hillsner & Pask are in my opinion really on that edge of being shown the door if he has better within or can bring in better quality. Allen and Drysdale we could get money for I suspect. Others like Kasta, Joebello and Mason are outside looking in and need to leave, harder to move on if MR wants money for but wages off the budget would be just as helpful in my mind.

If that's what happens I see 3/4 more perm signing and depending on that number 3/4 loans in. The positions are pretty much in every department, but would hope a FW or LB would be the next announced. Not a bad start to the window but after last season with the squad he had MR will know what he needs to push on to get higher up the league. Next week expect a few more in or out.

SlowerThanPlatt

Drysdale needs a good season somewhere as he is at the age where he needs to be getting closer to our first team but he won’t be sold

fatso

Centre Half, left wing back and attacking midfielder next please.

But we desperately need to move a few on.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

3 points against Nottingham Forest.

long way home

I'd be really surprised if Drysdale was shown the door unless it's a loan deal to a League 1 team.

He has shown potential, but needs to step up at the level we are now as a club. If he is not pushing Rose, Hyam & Macfazden for a spot in a gameDay squad and that without any new additions a decision will be made. I hope he does well and gets a chance, it's a big pre season for players like him for sure.

slowpoke

He has shown potential, but needs to step up at the level we are now as a club. If he is not pushing Rose, Hyam & Macfazden for a spot in a gameDay squad and that without any new additions a decision will be made. I hope he does well and gets a chance, it's a big pre season for players like him for sure.
Bit hard to have pushed Rose, Macfazdean or Hyam when you are in the Cambridge United promotion set up

Users who are viewing this thread