What changes for Peterborough? (2 Viewers)

Otis

Not sure I could trust Vincelot at centre back at the minute.
Don't know what's happened to him of late.

Been my favourite City player this season, but lately he seems all over the place and he's making lots of errors and it also almost seems like he is determined to get sent off for some reason.

Paxman II

RCC

Lorentzken Ricketts Martin Hunt

Rose

Fleck Maddison lameries

Murphy
Fortune

Last edited:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Don't know what's happened to him of late.

Been my favourite City player this season, but lately he seems all over the place and he's making lots of errors and it also almost seems like he is determined to get sent off for some reason.

Saturday he seemed so sluggish like he couldn't get his feet off the ground in time, was late to everything 50/50's or loose balls, then the miscontrol & foul when he was booked that 3 seconds sums up his form in 2016.

Otis

Saturday he seemed so sluggish like he couldn't get his feet off the ground in time, was late to everything 50/50's or loose balls, then the miscontrol & foul when he was booked that 3 seconds sums up his form in 2016.
Yep. He was running around like he was wearing concrete slippers.

steve82

Got to go with Henderson up front not MAF for this one. Peterborough have a very strong physical defender in Michael bostwick. Henderson will look after him to allow some space for lamerias and Murphy to exploit hopefully.

ClarkeZ

------------------RCC
Lorentzon---Martin---Ricketts---Hunt
--------Vince------------Fleck
Rose-------------Cole--------Lameiras
---------------MAF

Lameiras needs a start. I know he will play murphy but I want to see Lameiras. Worst case drop rose for Lameiras but Rose looked decent Saturday.

Id be asking Lameiras and Rose to be right on top of MAF when the ball is on the other wing so he can hold up and play them into the game.
Cole would have to start with either MAF or Henderson as we need the delivery from set pieces and wide areas.

Otis

------------------RCC
---------------MAF

Lameiras needs a start. I know he will play murphy but I want to see Lameiras. Worst case drop rose for Lameiras but Rose looked decent Saturday.

Id be asking Lameiras and Rose to be right on top of MAF when the ball is on the other wing so he can hold up and play them into the game.
Cole would have to start with either MAF or Henderson as we need the delivery from set pieces and wide areas.
No pace in that team unfortunately.

We have to play Murphy.

ClarkeZ

We have to play Murphy.

Rose and Lameiras aren't that slow. We have got to try something different though as what is happening now isn't working. Lameiras needs a run, arguably so does Rose, to try and change our game. Lameiras, i firmly believe, has the ability but he never ever gets game time and its a real real shame.

ClarkeZ

We have to play Murphy.

And I disagree that we have to play Murphy, at the very least to start the game. I still do not rate the lad at all, despite many still thinking otherwise.

Otis

Rose and Lameiras aren't that slow. We have got to try something different though as what is happening now isn't working. Lameiras needs a run, arguably so does Rose, to try and change our game. Lameiras, i firmly believe, has the ability but he never ever gets game time and its a real real shame.
No, they aren't that slow. They don't have pace though.

steve82

------------------RCC
---------------MAF

Bostwick will have MAF in his pocket all game, has to be Henderson up top. All elbows and nudges, being horrible to defend against.

ClarkeZ

No, they aren't that slow. They don't have pace though.

Where has this pace from Murphy got us recently? Something different is needed. My opinion is that Lameiras and Rose should be given a run, Murphy to come off the bench against tired defenders.

Paxman II

My first thought was call the game off as we lost 3 first team players crucial to the side on Int duty.
However not sure they could apply for a postponement. Besides apart from Stephens Maddison and Armstrong have not been worth their place of late have they?
We might find a different approach and result forced upon us working in our favour. The difficulty is Henderson, whether he starts or not. Fortune has been good last two. If you play Henderson he will be looking for crosses into the box all day. So with Hunt overlapping, Cole's set pieces and Murphy to use pace it might just work. Another thought put Fortune out wide and put Murphy on the bench with Henderson up top? Fortune has very capable feet and the ball sticks. At Blackpool he showed plenty of pace and taking players on.

Otis

Where has this pace from Murphy got us recently? Something different is needed. My opinion is that Lameiras and Rose should be given a run, Murphy to come off the bench against tired defenders.
I thought Murphy looked really lively when he came on, on Saturday and he is our second top scorer.

ClarkeZ

I thought Murphy looked really lively when he came on, on Saturday and he is our second top scorer.

Well Murphy has been consistently in or around the team for all of our good and bad patches, so he's not been doing a lot recently for one reason or another.

While I understand and respect your opinion, mine differs. We aren't getting anywhere other than another conversation about Murphy at this rate.
A forced change to the way we play might just be what we need, I agree with Paxman there. I'd like to see Lameiras start the game Friday, he can also cause real problems and play great balls through which is dangerous.

Gazolba

And I disagree that we have to play Murphy, at the very least to start the game. I still do not rate the lad at all, despite many still thinking otherwise.

The object of the game of football (in case you have forgotten) is to score goals. Murphy is our second-leading scorer.

Grendel

Well Murphy has been consistently in or around the team for all of our good and bad patches, so he's not been doing a lot recently for one reason or another.

While I understand and respect your opinion, mine differs. We aren't getting anywhere other than another conversation about Murphy at this rate.
A forced change to the way we play might just be what we need, I agree with Paxman there. I'd like to see Lameiras start the game Friday, he can also cause real problems and play great balls through which is dangerous.

Lameries has one goal and two assists in 26 games.

steve82

Lameries has one goal and two assists in 26 games.

Of which 14 of those he's come on as a sub, and 8 of them been subbed off.
Sure 1 goal in 12 starts is not great return but he can pick a good pass, and will take players on, drawing defenders out. Like most the kids in this team confidence is obviously key but proved against sheff Utd he can mix it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The object of the game of football (in case you have forgotten) is to score goals. Murphy is our second-leading scorer.

Murphy is very good on his day.

His day only comes around 3 times a season by the looks of things though. We can't afford to be carrying passengers right now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

------------------RCC
---------------MAF

I like that team. I may be tempted to play Henderson though. MAF had done better recently though for sure.

Otis

Hasn't TM hinted that Henderson could be the ready made replacement for Armstrong?

Paxman II

Armstrong is our leading scorer but if he had not been on international duty I'd probably drop him from the side!

no_loyalty

Murphy and Henderson up top with MAF on the bench, bring him on in the later stages when Henderson tires

Otis

My team would be:

Gk: RCC

RB: lorentzon
CB: Martin
Ricketts
Lb: Haynes

RM: Rose/ Lameiras
Cm: Fleck
Vincelot
LM: Cole

St: Henderson
Fortune

Subs addai hunt bigi Jones tudguy harries sambou.

It's about time Cole started playing full games, we need his accuracy for dh and fortune impressed me Saturday and chased lost causes, something he hasn't really done. I think sambou and jones should have a run out to show what they can do. As for Murphy take him to Peterborough and drop him off at the train station cuz he's fucking shit
I just worry about the slowness of both Fortune AND Henderson up front.

fernandopartridge

I'd start Tudgay up front, we've played OK every time he's started and Armstrong has been missing.

Not sure why there is a clamour for Sambou when Thomas has been doing better for the u21s.

Henderson isn't fit enough to start games. We do not have the players for 4-4-2 either.

RCC
Lorentzon
Martin
Ricketts
Hunt
Rose
Fleck
Lameiras
Murphy
Cole
Tudgay

Fortune, Vincelot, Thomas, Jones, GK

steve82

Looks like Peterborough are missing a couple of players, central defender is one
Posh will be without Michael Smith (Northern Ireland), Kgosi Ntlhe (South Africa Under 23s), Martin Samuelsen (Norway Under 21s) and Gaby Zakuani (DR Congo) because of international call-ups for the Coventry fixture.

Otis

Looks like Peterborough are missing a couple of players, central defender is one
Posh will be without Michael Smith (Northern Ireland), Kgosi Ntlhe (South Africa Under 23s), Martin Samuelsen (Norway Under 21s) and Gaby Zakuani (DR Congo) because of international call-ups for the Coventry fixture.
Yeah, that's what I heard, 4 missing.

Don't know where 6 came from.

Otis

Glad that Samuelsen is missing. He looked classy against West Brom on the cup game.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Why is there an international week at this stage of the season it seems madness to me.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Why is there an international week at this stage of the season it seems madness to me.

Isn't it usually 2 rounds of fixtures for all divisions over the Easter period? Didn't even realise there was internationals earlier until I was checking what Prem & Champ fixtures were on TV over the next week.

Users who are viewing this thread