What changes for Peterborough? (2 Viewers)

Otis

This was yesterday's line-up:

RCC

Lorentzson Martin Stephens Ricketts

Fleck Vincelot

Rose Cole

MAF Armstrong

We have lost Stephens and Armstrong from that side.

I would say:

RCC

Lorentzson Martin Ricketts New loanee (or Hunt if not)

Fleck Vincelot

Rose (or Cole) Murphy

Henderson Tudgay

Think we have to play Murphy, otherwise this is going to be the slowest side in the whole division.

Think Rose deserves to keep his place, so drop Joe Cole I would say.

Will TM be brave enough to do so though?

The other very worrying aspect is, we will have no defensive cover for the CB position at all, should Martin or Ricketts get injured. We lost Cargill, then Stokes, then Ramage and now Stephens.

Guessing it will have to be Harries on the bench. Big worry if someone limps off.

Any alternatives to that side you think? Possibly Lameiras in?

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

----------------RCC
Lorentzon--Ricketts--Martin--Hunt
-----------Vincelot--Fleck
--Rose---------Maddison---Murphy
--------------Henderson

Londonccfcfan

Thought Rose was immense yesterday, superb engine, ran his socks off!

Slotted into Right back role very well. And still got forward to pump balls into the box after 90 plus minutes. Fittest player on pitch by miles. Also good in the air. IMO better option than Lorentszen.

Rcc
Rose - Ricketts - Martin - Haynes
Murphy - Vincelot - Fleck - Cole
Henderson - Forune

if your gonna play Fortune and Henderson then it's imperative Cole plays for dead ball delivery and crossing ability.

Otis

----------------RCC
Lorentzon--Ricketts--Martin--Hunt
-----------Vincelot--Fleck
--Rose---------Maddison---Murphy
--------------Henderson
Maddison is out remember. We have Armstrong, Maddison and Stephens missing haven't we? International duty.

Otis

Slotted into Right back role very well. And still got forward to pump balls into the box after 90 plus minutes. Fittest player on pitch by miles. Also good in the air. IMO better option than Lorentszen.

Rcc
Henderson - Forune

if your gonna play Fortune and Henderson then it's imperative Cole plays for dead ball delivery and crossing ability.
Whoa!!!

That defence scares the life out of me!

Haynes who has looked so short of League One quality this year?

Rose, who covered yesterday, but has probably never played fullback in his life?

Looks like defeat all over, that side I would say.

Londonccfcfan

Lol and your option of Hunt at left Back (Judging by mass opinion the worst signing of the season) ? And a half fit Lorentszen?

I'd stick with Haynes ( playing week in week out in a play off chasing winning in form Cambridge team) Over a Hunt????? Not played in weeks???

Your selection in defence scares the life out of me.

Johnnythespider

Rcc
Henderson - Forune

Rose had a decent game yesterday, I think "immense" is overstating it slightly. If Lorentzen is fit he should start, more concerning to me is the left back position, even with Ricketts there yesterday I would bet at least 75% of swindons attacks were down that side. It's a tricky one for Mowbray to sort out

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Henderson & Tudgay up top I feel Tudgay is more intelligent than MAF to get on the end of any knockdowns Henderson may create

chiefdave

I'd be tempted to give Sambou a run out, or at least 30 mins off the bench. We can't score at the moment, we'll be short of players due to the internationals and he seems to be keen to get a chance to prove himself.

Londonccfcfan

Henderson & Tudgay up top I feel Tudgay is more intelligent than MAF to get on the end of any knockdowns Henderson may create

Fair call, I wouldn't be fussed. Either way all three will get a fair chance next two games.

Would take four points from next two games. Would mean 8 points from
Last four. Definately be a nice little platform to build on and would be a huge turnaround from the four defeats in a row.

Lets just hope if we play well next two games, minimum 4 points.

If other results go our way. We could be in top 6.

Btw looking at the Barnsley forum, their fans haven't got a clue how they possibly beat Fleetwood yesterday, apparantly general consensus on their form worst they have played last few games were practically gifted a win.

johnwillomagic

Lots of interesting teams/formations - however think Mowbray will not deviate from the 4-2-3-1. I also do not think
he will recall Haynes or we will get another loan in so think Hunt will be asked to play Left Back where he has played
on numerous times below. This would not be my ream or formation but think Mowbray will pick the following.

RCC GK
Lorentzon RB
Martin CB
Ricketts CB
Hunt LB
Fleck DCM
Vincelot DCM
Rose ACM
Murphy ACM
Fortune ACM
Henderson ST

Subs: Addai, D.Kelly-Evans, Harries, Bigi, Cole, Lameiras, Tudguy.

Personally would like to see Tudguy in but reckon he'll give Henderson a crack
and MAF has been playing well last few weeks so reckon given absentees he'll
keep a place in starting XI. Cole, Lameiras & Tudguy three likely subs to come on
if needed.

Otis

Lol and your option of Hunt at left Back (Judging by mass opinion the worst signing of the season) ? And a half fit Lorentszen?

I'd stick with Haynes ( playing week in week out in a play off chasing winning in form Cambridge team) Over a Hunt????? Not played in weeks???

Your selection in defence scares the life out of me.
Difference is Hunt HAS played full back and has so much more experience than Haynes.

To my knowledge Rose has never, ever played full back.

My defence scares the life out of you? One change to the team that kept a clean sheet yesterday?

Lorentzson was fine yesterday. He may well have run out of steam, but surely it is better to play him, even if he can only last 60 mins. Has to be better than having a midfielder having to play at full back.

Like I say, Hunt HAS played left back before and has the experience.

rupert_bear

What about Jodi Jones playing a part ? I believe he's been playing regular at Dagenham & Redbridge so match fitness shouldn't be a problem. Mowbray played down using him this season but TM's wiley old fox

stupot07

I'd throw in a curve ball and being George Thomas in. Been the outstanding player in the u21's this season from what i have read.

RCC

Lorentzson
Martin
Ricketts
Hunt ( Haynes should stay out on loan rather than come back play 2 then sit on the bench for the rat of the season)

Rose
Fleck

Lamieres
Murphy
G thomas

Tudgay

Bench

Gk
Phillips
Cole
Henderson
Bigi
Vincelot
Maf

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Otis

What about Jodi Jones playing a part ? I believe he's been playing regular at Dagenham & Redbridge so match fitness shouldn't be a problem. Mowbray played down using him this season but TM's wiley old fox
Was thinking the same thing. It's not as if he's been plucked from youth football, he's been playing League Two.

At least worth a gamble surely.

lifeskyblue

Agreed. Definitely worth a gamble especially if we are behind with 20mins to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
RCC
Lorentzen (didn't look injured to me and the limp was put on ;) )
Ricketts
Martin
Academy left back who played V Arsenal (id do it, he looked decent, but not likely to happen; more likely to be Hunt, which concerns me)
Fleck
Vincelot
Rose
Ruben
Murphy
Fortune

D

Deleted member 4439

Re Rose, I thought there were several times yesterday when he might have taken the ball down the wing past the defender, or else cut in, to get a ball in the box. Instead he played the ball back. Wasn't too sure why that was.

lifeskyblue

Re Rose, I thought there were several times yesterday when he might have taken the ball down the wing past the defender, or else cut in, to get a ball in the box. Instead he played the ball back. Wasn't too sure why that was.

I suspect it's because he isn't a natural winger...nor a full back either for that matter. Personally I see Rose as a trier and useful squad member rather than a great footballer. Nobody could fault his commitment yesterday and TM should give him more starts. I would use him more centrally and his willingness to run and compete alongside his ability in the air may mean he plays an important role over the next few games.

steve82

-------------------RCC--------------------
Lorenztson---Martin----Ricketts ---Hunt
----------vincelot -----Fleck------------
Lameires--------Cole ----------Murphy
---------------Henderson----------------
Addai - Harris - kelly evens - Rose - Jones- Tudgay - MAF

I'd drop Joe Cole in the 10, yesterday he burnt himself out chasing the game, let's use him for his passing and vision to roll the wide players in. lameires and Murphy are needed for there pace. Rose unlucky not to start but I prefer lameires for natural width. Hunt at LB as we need experience.

Last edited:

shmmeee

-------------------RCC--------------------
Lorenztson---Martin----Ricketts ---Hunt
----------vincelot -----Fleck------------
Lameires--------Cole ----------Murphy
---------------Henderson----------------
Addai - Harris - kelly evens - Rose - Jones- Tudgay - MAF

I'd drop Joe Cole in the 10, yesterday he burnt himself out chasing the game, let's use him for his passing and vision to role the wide players in. lameires and Murphy are needed for there pace. Rose unlucky not to start but I prefer lameires for natural width. Hunt at LB as we need experience.

Like that side. I'd agree with that.

Londonccfcfan

Dropping Rose and bringing Hunt in? bring in a total has been who has played 120 uninspiring minutes in 3 months.

So much for a bit of continuity. Lol

Jeez we are totally fucked.

steve82

Dropping Rose and bringing Hunt in? bring in a total has been who has played 120 uninspiring minutes in 3 months.

So much for a bit of continuity. Lol

Jeez we are totally fucked.

Whats your solution then? Who's your choice of LB then to keep hunt out?

Otis

Unless we get a new loanee in, it's out of either Hunt or bringing back Ryan Haynes.

Hunt has played left back before. Haynes was struggling when he was here.

Don't think we can just dismiss Hunt on the basis that he may be crap at left back. Have any of us actually seen him play in that position?

Nope. Thought not.

We have limited choices and it is what it is. Defensively, Haynes is frail.

As Steve82 just said, what other solution is there?

Irish Sky Blue

Unless we get a new loanee in, it's out of either Hunt or bringing back Ryan Haynes.

Hunt has played left back before. Haynes was struggling when he was here.

Don't think we can just dismiss Hunt on the basis that he may be crap at left back. Have any of us actually seen him play in that position?

Nope. Thought not.

We have limited choices and it is what it is. Defensively, Haynes is frail.

As Steve82 just said, what other solution is there?

He played there second half at Southend. I'm sure he could still do a job there. Some players written off far too early(MAF?) Haynes has had few opportunities since Stokes arrival. When he has played this season I think he has been okay. He was close to being MoM at Chesterfield earlier in the season. I would still like to see O' Brian recalled but doesn't look like it will happen.

Otis

He played there second half at Southend. I'm sure he could still do a job there. Some players written off far too early(MAF?) Haynes has had few opportunities since Stokes arrival. When he has played this season I think he has been okay. He was close to being MoM at Chesterfield earlier in the season. I would still like to see O' Brian recalled but doesn't look like it will happen.
TM obviously doesn't think Haynes is good enough at the moment though, otherwise he would have kept him here.

I would say Haynes needs to go out on loan again next season for a season long loan and see how he progresses.

Too many flaws in his game at the moment. You expect a defender to defend and it's the weakest part of his game.

lifeskyblue

Personally I would recall Haynes although it doesn't look likely. Haynes knows the position but has a few flaws defensively. However he is not as bad as some make out and going forward he offers a lot.

steve82

Haynes is better suited continuing his loan spell where it sounds like he's enjoying it and playing well learning the game.
Say we bring him back, and is responsible for a howler of a mistake, play offs are dead and buried. Who most people gonna blame and says not good enough for league 1.... Should be out on loan learning his game. Just like what's happened to Aaron Phillips. He has a run of games did ok, makes a mistake trying to calmly chest the ball back to RCC... Ain't been seen since.
Let's leave Haynes where he is use hunt who's experienced and hope he can do the job till Stephens returns as the defence is only just starting to look reliable again without putting pressure on another young player.

covcity4life

rcc
vincelot(cb)
ricketts
martin
lorentzken
fleck
rose
murphy
cole
lameries
fortune

bring on henderson 2nd half if we still need to make break through and go 2 upfront

or possibly play one of the kelly evan twins at LB? or phillips at RB if he is fit

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

rcc
vincelot(cb)
ricketts
martin
lorentzken
fleck
rose
murphy
cole
lameries
fortune

bring on henderson 2nd half if we still need to make break through and go 2 upfront

or possibly play one of the kelly evan twins at LB? or phillips at RB if he is fit

Not sure I could trust Vincelot at centre back at the minute.

tom88

-------------------RCC

Phillips---Ricketts---Martin---Loretzson

------------Vincelot-----Fleck---------

--Murphy----------Cole-----------Rose

---------------Fortune---------------

Subs:

Addai
Lameries
Hunt
Tudguy
Henderson