what can Mowbray change for tues ? (1 Viewer)

chinamans view

What can he do or change for tues game, to get result. I don't want him to go defensive, attack we need 3 points

shmmeee

Send back Williams and Prochwichz <sp>

Bring in an experienced CB and DM on loan.

Play Odelisi.

Not sure what other options he's got.

torchomatic

Get in a new keeper, centre midfielder, send back the Brentford bloke and play Odelusi as Shmmeee said.

torchomatic

Yeah, the Brentford bloke missed out on Saturday anyway. I think we desperately need another keeper. Shame we couldn't hold onto JAmie Jones, I thought he was pretty decent.

Oh yeah, new keeper as well.

How many loans are we allowed to play at once? 5?

Pete in Portugal

Our defence is clearly not good enough for 4-3-3, so I think he'll go 4-4-2 with Samuel & Tudgay up front because they seem to play well together. At the back I suppose he'll have to consider bringing Webster in for his experience, in spite of his inadequacies. And if fit, I'd play Thomas instead of Barton as the holding CM with Fleck the attacking CM and Odelusi and JOB on the wings. As has been pointed out by many, he needs to impress on both wingers that they need to support their full backs.

eastwoodsdustman

Ha good one. Your funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats so funny? We need someone to break up play and he does that well enough. We were cruising away at Gills until he want off injured and have struggled since. Coincidence? Possibly. Possibly not.

torchomatic

What time is the deadline then? I thought it was 12pm on a match day? If we're too late then he needs to sort a keeper out for Saturday.

Short term then, Barton our Odelusi in. Martin out, Webster in.

He has no time to get loans in for tomorrow TORCH

steveccfc

Never thought i'd hear myself saying Webster in but after saturday we need some sort of experience in that back 4.
Midfield wise I'm not sure what we could change with whats available, Odelusi definitely has to start for me.

Our defence is clearly not good enough for 4-3-3, so I think he'll go 4-4-2 with Samuel & Tudgay up front because they seem to play well together. At the back I suppose he'll have to consider bringing Webster in for his experience, in spite of his inadequacies. And if fit, I'd play Thomas instead of Barton as the holding CM with Fleck the attacking CM and Odelusi and JOB on the wings. As has been pointed out by many, he needs to impress on both wingers that they need to support their full backs.

Agree with all this. The last time we played well was Walsall away and Thomas played that day.

Sky Blue Pete

My team 4-4-2 would see

Burge (need an experienced keeper for the last 12 games though)
Phillips
Webster
Pennington
Stokes
Odelusi
Obrien
Fleck
Turgott
Samuel
Nouble

4-4-2 and get at them

covcity4life

send back german striker

play williams in no.10 role

put thomas in for barton

odelesi in for nouble or tudgay

draft in a loan goalie

=====

just another monday

LB87ccfc

To Shore it up a little and to deal with the crosses that Bradford pump into the box - stats show they are one of the highest in the league for it, id go -

Burge
Pennington RB
Webster - absolute despise but two big lumps up top require his presense
Martin
Phillips LB

Odeluswi
O Brien
Fleck
Williams

Nouble
Samuel.

Stokes dropped as absolute awful and will be ripped AGAIN.

dongonzalos

...........Burge............
AP......MP....AM......RH

..........JOB....JF..........
SO........................BT

..........FN.....DS........

Keep the ball on the ground.

Do not I repeat do not let Hansen drop onto our full backs on crosses AM should follow Hansen everywhere even if he drifts out to the full back.

He has done us three times in the last few matches.

Dropping Stokes would have meant a draw or win on Saturday

Even with a bobbling pitch quick passing between the six in midfield and up front would destroy Bradford.

fernandopartridge

To Shore it up a little and to deal with the crosses that Bradford pump into the box - stats show they are one of the highest in the league for it, id go -

Burge
Pennington RB
Webster - absolute despise but two big lumps up top require his presense
Martin
Phillips LB

Odeluswi
O Brien
Fleck
Williams

Nouble
Samuel.

Stokes dropped as absolute awful and will be ripped AGAIN.

Williams offers no protection. To stop crosses you need wingers and full backs working together. Bradford play diagonal balls to Hansen.

If Conor Thomas is fit he should start.

Mr pot

Who's going to replace stokes at half time when he's run out of gas

rupert_bear

The problem he has is trying to gee up players who know they won't be here come the end of season, we have too many of them

Hincha

-------------Burge
Phillips-Webster-Martin-Stokes
----------Pennington
-------Thomas-------Fleck
Odelusi---------------------JOB
-----------Samuel

If Thomas isn't fit move JOB inside and play Williams/Turgott. Looks pretty desperate, but I think we reached that stage a while back.

LB87ccfc

Williams offers no protection. To stop crosses you need wingers and full backs working together. Bradford play diagonal balls to Hansen.

If Conor Thomas is fit he should start.

Williams offers no protection might be right but it would make them think twice if we had more flair players in the team, its the diagonals / crosses that are the worry and we need strong tackling full backs tomorrow hence I gone for Phillips left back as alot their balls come from the right, we will be slaughtered if stokes is full back tomorrow.

Thomas I agree with does the dirty work people simply do not see that is vital.

stupot07

If thomas is fit, and we haven't had chance to bring in any loan players

Burge

Pennington webster martin phillips
Odelusi fleck thomas JOB
Tudguy Samuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

coop

JOB needs to play in the middle as he will never stop crosses coming in as he's always out of position and gives no cover to the full backs.

Jay88

Odelusi in for Tudgay and Turgott/Williams in for Barton.

GK - Burge
LB - Stokes
RB - Phillips
CB - Martin
CB - Pennington
RM - Odelusi
LM - Williams/Turgott
CM - Fleck
CM - O'Brien
FD - Samuel
FD - Nouble

stupot07

JOB needs to play in the middle as he will never stop crosses coming in as he's always out of position and gives no cover to the full backs.

I agree, but he'll expose the centre backs playing with his roaming if he playing in a central 2. It's him or Turgott who we've not seen enough off and not trusted by TM when we were chasing the game or Williams who is similarly weak and ineffective at LM, we're left with picking the least worst option. We could play 451/451 but that hasn't worked for us either. Perhaps we should go Back to 352?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd go with
-----------------Burge
Phillips--Pennington--Webster--Haynes
------------Thomas----JOB
Odelusi--------Williams--------Turgott
---------------Samuel

Grendel

...........Burge............
AP......MP....AM......RH

..........JOB....JF..........
SO........................BT

..........FN.....DS........

Keep the ball on the ground.

Do not I repeat do not let Hansen drop onto our full backs on crosses AM should follow Hansen everywhere even if he drifts out to the full back.

He has done us three times in the last few matches.

Dropping Stokes would have meant a draw or win on Saturday

Even with a bobbling pitch quick passing between the six in midfield and up front would destroy Bradford.

Ha ha it's anti stokes time - how do you ensure a win - by playing the consistently awful Haynes?

chiefdave

He's just been on SSN saying the two biggest problems are the lack of confidence and the state of the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread