what can Mowbray change for tues ? (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

Desperate times mean desperate measures - need Webster back just for his presence 442, full backs need protection

GK Burge
RB Philipps
LB Pennington - better than Stokes
CB Webster & Martin -
RM Odelusi - needs to provide cover
CMs Fleck & JOB - neither great defensively but JOB can't be trusted on the Flanks and we need his energy especially as Fleck is so slow
LM Haynes - at least he is left footed and although out of form has positional sense
Forwards Samuels & Nouble - Tudguy may work harder but there is no threat, Nouble has been disappointing but still worth a go, Leave Samuels as a striker

stupot07

It's a very bold statement to say that dropping one single player would have changed the result.

It's bonkers that's what it is. That said, we had not lost a single match before Stokes signed so it I must be true.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

If you're trying to play good football then of course the state of the pitch is a factor.

To play good football you need good players. Our passing accuracy is poor and the possession stats tell their own story.

Grendel

Even with a bobbling pitch quick passing between the six in midfield and up front would destroy Bradford.

Are you attempting to be the new RFC by making stupid comments? We haven't even managed to "destroy" Worcester ffs.

ccfc1234

He can change plenty:

I would go 4-3-3 with:

--------------Burge (or loan?)-------------------
Phillips--------Willis----Webster-----Haynes
-----odelousi--------JOB-----------Fleck-------
------Samuel----Nouble----Jackson

I feel with Nouble, Samuel and Jackson we would score goals. Hit Nouble early and get the other two near him. We will concede I would think but if we score 2/3 we should see off a team who tonight are glued to their TV's thinking about the Cup not CCFC.

Great_Expectations

Two general observations/questions:

1) How and why is Nouble in anyone's starting XI?!
2) Why is Stokes suddenly the worst player in the world, ever? The alternative suggestions aren't exactly great either; when has playing a right or centre back at left back ever worked?

stupot07

Are you attempting to be the new RFC by making stupid comments? We haven't even managed to "destroy" Worcester ffs.

Yes, all those PL teams that are far better than us have managed to destroy Bradford with ease over the last couple of years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

1) How and why is Nouble in anyone's starting XI?!
2) Why is Stokes suddenly the worst player in the world, ever? The alternative suggestions aren't exactly great either; when has playing a right or centre back at left back ever worked?

1) I have no idea
2) he's not, I would go with phillips at RB purely because of his better energy levels. Reda Johnson at left back has worked.

ccfc1234

1) How and why is Nouble in anyone's starting XI?! As he is not that bad at this level. IF he applies himself.
I very much dont and think the whole move is very strange.

Great_Expectations

1) I have no idea
2) he's not, I would go with phillips at RB purely because of his better energy levels. Reda Johnson at left back has worked.

I'm guessing you mean Phillips at LB? Based on your starting XI earlier in the thread you would then have Pennington RB? For me, moving Pennington from CB is a real loss, especially with Martin and Webster, who are both technically poor. I understand your thinking though. The argument could be somewhat void if we play in the same way as Saturday, as whoever plays there will be left (no pun intended) exposed.

I did not see enough of Johnson at LB to form a view. If it did work, I would argue it was an exception rather than a rule.

stupot07

I'm guessing you mean Phillips at LB? Based on your starting XI earlier in the thread you would then have Pennington RB? For me, moving Pennington from CB is a real loss, especially with Martin and Webster, who are both technically poor. I understand your thinking though. The argument could be somewhat void if we play in the same way as Saturday, as whoever plays there will be left (no pun intended) exposed.

I did not see enough of Johnson at LB to form a view. If it did work, I would argue it was an exception rather than a rule.

Yeah, I like Pennington at CB, but for tomorrow night against Stead and Hansen, neither who are quick or tricky, I'd go with Webster and Martin. Job will leave them exposed, but they can't be as exposed as having Samuel and nouble in front of them on Sat. I thought Stokes was so so, Marshall did give him a torrid time on sat, but I'm not convinced with Haynes defensively either. Horses for courses, on reflection, I'd might be tempted to swap fleck and barton to give us some extra height.

CCFC_Charlie

I am absolutely convinced that the people calling for Stokes to be bombed out/sent back only bothered attending the Port Vale game.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Not many fit alternatives at the back and know that Willis was injured, any idea how long he will be out?

dongonzalos

You really are not the brightest to be fair. That is unless the team I just suggested played against Worcester or anyone for that matter.....

dongonzalos

Yes, all those PL teams that are far better than us have managed to destroy Bradford with ease over the last couple of years...

Or maybe you could just ask Yeovil

Grendel

You really are not the brightest to be fair. That is unless the team I just suggested played against Worcester or anyone for that matter.....

You are right.

I was stupid to think that thorn was a poor manager.

I was reminded of this the other day. I bumped into a West Ham fan who looked really down. When I asked what was wrong he said that he always gets down at this stage of the season as he always looks at the league table and wonders where they would be with an extra 10 points.

I put my arm round him and also
Pointed out that Preston Haskell could have bought them if Don supported the Hammers.

I had to call the Samaritans then.

skybluetony176

You are right.

I was reminded of this the other day. I bumped into a West Ham fan who looked really down. When I asked what was wrong he said that he always gets down at this stage of the season as he always looks at the league table and wonders where they would be with an extra 10 points.

Pointed out that Preston Haskell could have bought them if Don supported the Hammers.

A conversation with you would be enough to make anyone feel the need to speak to Samaritans. Especially if you put your arm around them.

dongonzalos

You are right.

How's those tactics going? Still cheerleading SISU to carry on with the court action and not to do any deals with Higgs or the council.

What was it there will be no groundshare it's a bluff we should keep holding out for better and better. Or was it no one else will buy ACL we will get it on the cheap SISU's hard ball tactics are good for the club. They should push further.

Well done on that score.......

Any more great tips for Joy?

Grendel

How's those tactics going? Still cheerleading SISU to carry on with the court action and not to do any deals with Higgs or the council.

What was it there will be no groundshare it's a bluff we should keep holding out for better and better. Or was it no one else will buy ACL we will get it on the cheap SISU's hard ball tactics are good for the club. They should push further.

Well done on that score.......

Any more great tips for Joy?

You seem rather vexed.

Did Burge play against Worcester by the way? How about Haynes? I assume not - especially Haynes as his constant pressing forward would have meant limiting their attacking intent.

Gint11

Whats so funny? We need someone to break up play and he does that well enough. We were cruising away at Gills until he want off injured and have struggled since. Coincidence? Possibly. Possibly not.

Because he is a poor, poor player. Granted, the work he does is off the ball and not pleasing on the eye but even that aspect of his game is poor. And we aren't better with him in the team. My opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread