What are you currently listening to? (3 Viewers)

jimmyhillsfanclub

This might sound a bit daft but I could imagine REM performing this.
Got a hint of a Celtic vibe in there too.

Not daft at all mate....I could see stipe doing a good cover of it.

Check out "and stones" from the same album "swagger"...its majestic

jimmyhillsfanclub

Fucking hell ! I'd completely forgotten about The Blue Aeroplanes.

I'm off down a YouTube rabbithole now.

Telescopes next!

The Blue aeroplanes are ace......still going strong.....had about 50 members through the years.....they still own the pub/studio in Bristol.....and the dancer (who pre-dates Bez of the mondays fame by a good few years) is still strutting his stuff....

xcraigx

Nice.

I love Eels. Thanks for that.

Not a huge fan of Interpol but enjoyed that.

Jamie Lenman? Never heard of him but was hugely impressed. I shall investigate further.

Cheers.

Jamie Lenman was the singer / guitarist / songwriter in Reuben. One of my favourite bands, they really should have been bigger than they were imo.

wingy

Got a couple of these guy's albums, largely country style Pop yet this one has the feel of late 70's punk/new wave .
I sense a bit of Eddie and the hotrods in there.

wingy

This track confirms they were not just great harmonisers , players ,but capable of producing something outside of gentle accoustic Pop) ballad's etc.

wingy

Just came across these guys this afternoon ,boy the late sixties was a goldmine.
The production on this and some of their others seems very advanced of the era.

chiefdave

Sure they've got some fans on here. Looks like The Enemy will be announcing a WLADITT 15th Anniversary tour for next year at 10am today.

Edit: tour confirmed, not sure why they're not on the post but Cov Empire is 28th & 29th October, and presumably extra dates in the week before if / when they sell out to fill that gap from the 22nd.

252316235_423422109142026_540951066944501014_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread