What are you currently listening to? (14 Viewers)

pitts head

check out at about at about 6m 24scs Harmonica Player Extraordinare
check out the waistband
Danish Dude Lee Oskar how the hell did he end up in that band from Baltimore?

JAM See

I'm generally glad I don't take so many drugs these days, but sometimes...

...and then I listen to this song and realise that it's all bollocks innit and I'm really glad I don't take so many drugs these days.

Great tune though.

SkyBlueSoul

The Reyton's first album Kids Off The Estate has just come out, been listening to them for about a year now. Sound a lot like early Arctic Monkeys (not a huge surprise being from Sheffield) and are absolutely belting live. First track off the album here.

Red Smoke is also a banger, probably what they're best known for but not on the album

lordy_87

Like the perfect stranger, you came into my life, then like the perfect lone ranger you rode away...

Last edited:

skybluetony176

I'm generally glad I don't take so many drugs these days, but sometimes...

...and then I listen to this song and realise that it's all bollocks innit and I'm really glad I don't take so many drugs these days.

Great tune though.

I prefer the band these were born from, Spacemen 3. More rocky, less well known but similar in many ways. Revolution by Spacemen 3 is a especially a great song. Check them out if you’re not already aware of them.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This ......
s-l400.jpg

dutchman

I've no idea why this Marty Wilde suddenly song popped back into my head after 53 years? It was played a lot on the radio at the time but was only ever a big hit in Dutch-speaking countries, possibly assisted by the Dutch-language service of Radio Luxembourg.

Skybluefaz

The Reyton's first album Kids Off The Estate has just come out, been listening to them for about a year now. Sound a lot like early Arctic Monkeys (not a huge surprise being from Sheffield) and are absolutely belting live. First track off the album here.

Red Smoke is also a banger, probably what they're best known for but not on the album

I remember watching a britpop documentary that said that When Robbie Williams released his solo album and started churning out the guitar indie stuff it was a death knell for Britpop.

This stuff gives me similar feelings about the Arctic Monkeys style guitar stuff of the last 10-15 years. Just paint by numbers replicas of a genre.

SkyBlueSoul

I remember watching a britpop documentary that said that When Robbie Williams released his solo album and started churning out the guitar indie stuff it was a death knell for Britpop.

This stuff gives me similar feelings about the Arctic Monkeys style guitar stuff of the last 10-15 years. Just paint by numbers replicas of a genre.
Was in a bar with someone after their gig in Manchester who called them a B-side Arctic Monkeys and it's bang on. You can tell he's trying a bit too hard to write lyrics like Alex Turner as well. But bugger it, think I just gloss over it because it's got some grit and I like the genre

Skybluefaz

Was in a bar with someone after their gig in Manchester who called them a B-side Arctic Monkeys and it's bang on. You can tell he's trying a bit too hard to write lyrics like Alex Turner as well. But bugger it, think I just gloss over it because it's got some grit and I like the genre
Absolutely. If you get enjoyment out of it, that's all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread