What are you currently listening to? (2 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

On the round today a customer who's a big rock and blues fan like me, said after I finished cleaning the windows that he had 2 CDs for me.
Said I can keep them and they are : Joe Satriani and Surfing With The Alien, and Black Stone Cherry and Black To Blues. So looking forward to listening to them later. Can't wait for the charity shops to open again so I can stock up on CDs and vinyl.

Mcbean

Nice one - I have the Satriani one - great underated guitarist is Joe ! Enjoy

I dug up a Rory Gallagher at the BBC cd yesterday - can’t remember buying it but Garbage man is excellent !

bringbackrattles

I dug up a Rory Gallagher at the BBC cd yesterday - can’t remember buying it but Garbage man is excellent !
Shadow Play is a classic by Rory. Got a great album by him called : Stage Struck with tracks such as Shinkicker,Wayward Child,and Moonchild. Rory Gallagher is a legend !

wingy

Yes was combing through some of his stuff on yt the other day,among some Bill Bruford material along with the shortish lived UK , just before John Wetton moved onto Asia .

bringbackrattles

Listened to the Satriani album. I was waiting to hear him sing wasn't till later realised it was an instrumental album ! Enjoyed it though.

bringbackrattles

Flying in a blue dream has some vocal tracks and of course some strong guitar work if you come across it
I'm currently reading a latest issue of Classic Rock magazine, special edition called : 100 Most Influential Guitar Heroes. Some great guitarists featured and after reading one article on Gary Moore, I've found out he never rated himself highly at all. He was classed as one of the greatest rock guitarists of all time, and also a blues great too. But he didn't like being called any of that,replying " BB King was a great blues guitarist, not some white guy from Belfast."
Todd Rundgren and Nancy Wilson of Heart are in there too, so a good assortment of guitarists, but they wisely dont name their number one !

Mcbean

I'm currently reading a latest issue of Classic Rock magazine, special edition called : 100 Most Influential Guitar Heroes. Some great guitarists featured and after reading one article on Gary Moore, I've found out he never rated himself highly at all. He was classed as one of the greatest rock guitarists of all time, and also a blues great too. But he didn't like being called any of that,replying " BB King was a great blues guitarist, not some white guy from Belfast."
Todd Rundgren and Nancy Wilson of Heart are in there too, so a good assortment of guitarists, but they wisely dont name their number one !
I saw Gary Moore for the only time supporting BB King was a double whopper for me as both were excellent and different with a heart of blues - Moore died within a couple of years - The Album Still got the blues is excellent

bringbackrattles

I saw Gary Moore for the only time supporting BB King was a double whopper for me as both were excellent and different with a heart of blues - Moore died within a couple of years - The Album Still got the blues is excellent
Gary Moore was an awesome guitarist but the article on him said he wasn't the most friendly person. He fell out with all of Thin Lizzy and if he didn't agree with someone, he'd tell them to fuck off. So if he was still alive he'd be at home on this site ! 😉

Mcbean

Todays listen is Be Bop Deluxe - Sunburst finish - Bill Nelson's guitar is subtle but sublime - i guess i would describe as Rythm and blues -if you know the singles - Ships in the night - the album material is a lot deeper 2021-04-07 18.16.32-1.jpg

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bored shitless on a Saturday night. Telly is shite, Netflix is depressing me, so I thought I'd stick me cans on and blast me brains with Faithless. Got 4 of their albums and currently playing 'Outrospective' at the moment (with a very large glass of Southern Comfort to keep me company!)

Users who are viewing this thread