What are you currently listening to? (4 Viewers)

Kneeza

Went to Bell Green this afternoon to put a football bet on and popped in the charity shop.
Just the one CD but a cracker nonetheless, Howlin Wolf The Blues Collection. 17 classic tracks all for 50 pence. Get in there !
So many compilations out there. This is mine, but I bet it cost a LOT more than yours! Love the Wolfman.
20210419_132114.jpg

Kneeza

Bored shitless on a Saturday night. Telly is shite, Netflix is depressing me, so I thought I'd stick me cans on and blast me brains with Faithless. Got 4 of their albums and currently playing 'Outrospective' at the moment (with a very large glass of Southern Comfort to keep me company!)
Bugger. Reminds me I've run out of Comfort. And Gosling's. And Duppy Share.
Amazon!!!!

bringbackrattles

Damn, BBR!! I'd have loved that if I'd have seen it!
As the shop had just opened up after latest lockdown it had the same selection of CDs as before. Anyway I had a good look through and there it was going for 50 pence. It's the one in Bell Green that keeps back football and boxing stuff for me, so if any new music comes in they'll let me know.

Kneeza

Will have to have a browse next time I'm over that way. Was at Eyesite over the road from the top of Riley Sq last week.

Kneeza

The one I use often is the one by Farmfoods. There's also a Myton shop and another second hand one in the square. Good luck.
It probably won't be for a while. We were taking mum in for an eye test, and then on for her second jab. Hopefully won't need to do that again ;)

Sbarcher

Most of the charity shops, especially the big named ones vet the vinyls and send many good ones off to their regionals for checking value. Best to keep to the smaller, local ones if trying to catch a bargain.

Sbarcher

Demis Roussos I recall was on a plane when it got hijacked. He was kept on board for days, but the hijackers on hearing it was his birthday let him off and also gave him a birthday cake. True story !
Good forward planning on their part to take a birthday cake with them on a hijacking!

bringbackrattles

Just compiled another rockblock for Planet Rock. For a change chose instrumental tracks, not sure if they've ever featured one before ? Surprising how many great rock songs were instrumental, like Albatross by Fleetwood Mac and Interstellar Overdrive by Pink Floyd. Best ever instrumental ? For me Soul Sacrifice by Santana, live at Woodstock.

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm currently obsessing over Dry Cleaning.......got tickets to see them but gotta wait until next year.

Anyone who can rock a Gibson SG & pink mohair cardigan at the same time deserves massive respect.

Mcbean

Just compiled another rockblock for Planet Rock. For a change chose instrumental tracks, not sure if they've ever featured one before ? Surprising how many great rock songs were instrumental, like Albatross by Fleetwood Mac and Interstellar Overdrive by Pink Floyd. Best ever instrumental ? For me Soul Sacrifice by Santana, live at Woodstock.
Great stuff Interstellar overdrive - coincidentally I got this today - remastered the sound is fantastic on my system and that track espesh the wife is in the garden so it’s on loud !!! Brilliant

Attachments

• 1E66398C-C368-4303-BD0E-A916EE70FA94.jpeg
    1E66398C-C368-4303-BD0E-A916EE70FA94.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6

Sbarcher

An oldie from the World's Smallest Big Band.

Users who are viewing this thread