What are you currently listening to? (8 Viewers)

dancers lance

I've never heard of these, but I can see that they love what they are doing, which means a lot. Upside down guitar and where's Wally on the drum kit, perfect! You can tell she is holding back on the vocals, I bet she can smash it when she want's to.

ovduk78

@bringbackrattles @Houchens Head - not sure if you caught it but the BBC 4 doc in Rockfield studios Was very interesting and amusing - basically the story of two farmers who made a recording studio In the country that attracted people from Black Sabbath To Robert Plant - recommended for music heads
I was reading about that on BBC website yesterday so I will go on the iplayer and watch it, didn't know there was a tv show so thanks

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
@bringbackrattles @Houchens Head - not sure if you caught it but the BBC 4 doc in Rockfield studios Was very interesting and amusing - basically the story of two farmers who made a recording studio In the country that attracted people from Black Sabbath To Robert Plant - recommended for music heads
I didn't catch that. I'll look out for it. Thanks McB. ;)

bringbackrattles

They were featured on the news recently. I'd never heard of them before to be honest, only know about Glastonbury and their farming history etc. I'll catch up with this so thanks.

ovduk78

I watched it and loved it. Yesterday I was talking to someone about it and he said that there is another one called Muscle Shoals which is about a studio in Alabama featuring Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, Percy Sledge & loads more. It's on amazon prime or itunes, I've not found it anywhere free yet.

Mcbean

I watched it and loved it. Yesterday I was talking to someone about it and he said that there is another one called Muscle Shoals which is about a studio in Alabama featuring Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, Percy Sledge & loads more. It's on amazon prime or itunes, I've not found it anywhere free yet.
Did you catch the Lynyrd Skynyrd one about the early days ? That was also very interesting

wingy

This much criticised album from the Stones in 1967 .
Psychodelic and away from their blues influence .
Ridiculed for mimicking Sgt Pepper
But I think it stands.

Ring Of Steel

On Twitter Tim Burgess from the Charlatans (don’t like them but he’s an interesting guy) is doing a “listen party” where they play an album in full & one of the band tweets about the making of each song, and they just did New Order, Technique with Stephen Morris (interesting factoid: the song below was named to make sure he remembered to pay a parking fine :p )

Not only is it a great album, but as a teenager tired of the same old guitar music, but not old or knowledgeable enough to be able to properly get into the new electro/ house scene emerging (no internet back then!), and desperate for something new, this was an epiphany, a bridge between ‘old’ music and the future. We’d had the second summer of love, The Eclipse in Cov was not long away from becoming the centre of the dance music world, there was excitement in the air everywhere, I don’t think we’ve had a “youth movement” like it since, it was lightning in a bottle for about 18mths & that was me hooked. For me at least, this album was the gateway to it all. Great times.

Last edited:

wingy

Three that I've enjoyed , not in any particular order are :-
The doors.
8 mile.
Bird ,about Charlie Parker.
Forest Whitaker plays the role so well!

lifeskyblue

This Winter Machine’s 3rd album Kites was delayed due to COVID. This will be the single from that album. Listened a few times and for me the jury is still out. Hope the rest of the album matches their first two which were excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread