What are you currently listening to? (8 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

I was there for that! Boiling hot Sunday afternoon and think the Happy Mondays were on before them. Although I have to admit I'd done a lot of drugs that weekend so might not be 100% right.

Currently listening to Gerry Cinnamon after seeing a few friends recommend him on FB and really getting into it. Definitely worth a listen.
Last night Bowie was a nominee for the great British Icons programme. What a talent/ performer. Sure someone on here said he was overrated ? Still can't believe anybody dislikes Bowie, a bloody genius.

bringbackrattles

Bell Green charity shop yesterday, CDs 49pence each.
Poor selection though, but got Radiohead's Pablo Honey album.I sometimes like them,and other times don't, but as the track Creep is on it which is awesome in my opinion, I'll give it a listen.

torchomatic

Some Slowdive and Swervedriver just recently.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bell Green charity shop yesterday, CDs 49pence each.
Poor selection though, but got Radiohead's Pablo Honey album.I sometimes like them,and other times don't, but as the track Creep is on it which is awesome in my opinion, I'll give it a listen.
I love Radiohead and Creep is one of my favourite tracks. I also found Creep by a brilliant girl choir called Scala. I love it because you get to hear a whole load of beautiful, angelic female singers singing the words, "You're so fucking special"! with no embarrassment at all. Have a listen.....

Houchens Head

Robbie Williams and the Spice Girls are overrated, anybody disagree ?
Never liked the Spice Girls but one or two Robbie Williams tracks have been ok, namely "Me & My Monkey" from the Escapology album (which I bought!") I also like him doing 'swing', which is one of my favourite types of music!

bringbackrattles

(Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd) - Lynyrd Skynyrd. Fuckin' top album!
A mate of mine bought him and his son tickets for the concert in June to see Skynyrd and Status Quo in Brum. Front row £120.00 but his son doesn't want to go. So I'm going in his place, and my mate said just pay what you can afford, so I'm hoping Forty quid is okay !
Should be a good night, even though both bands aren't the original.

bringbackrattles

I love Radiohead and Creep is one of my favourite tracks. I also found Creep by a brilliant girl choir called Scala. I love it because you get to hear a whole load of beautiful, angelic female singers singing the words, "You're so fucking special"! with no embarrassment at all. Have a listen.....

That is awesome. Goosebumps !

Houchens Head

A mate of mine bought him and his son tickets for the concert in June to see Skynyrd and Status Quo in Brum. Front row £120.00 but his son doesn't want to go. So I'm going in his place, and my mate said just pay what you can afford, so I'm hoping Forty quid is okay !
Should be a good night, even though both bands aren't the original.
Not jealous in the slightest! :emoji_angry:

Gazolba

"More Than Life" - Whitley

Gazolba

"Sorry (I ran all the way home)" - The Impalas

Houchens Head

Just going through my hundreds of albums and thought I'd stick something on that I haven't heard for years. Scrolling through, I came across all my Beatles albums (I have every one!) and settled for one of my favourites - Abbey Road. Got it playing through my cans at the moment while 'er indoors watches some crap on TV!

Gazolba

I will get around to listening to your choices Gazolba. They look like my era! (Just want to finish listening to Abbey Rd!)
No rush. I heard them all in a McDonalds the other day and my daughter used her song recognition app to detect what songs they were.
I have to learn how to use that app, it's very useful.

Houchens Head

No rush. I heard them all in a McDonalds the other day and my daughter used her song recognition app to detect what songs they were.
I have to learn how to use that app, it's very useful.
When you find out how to use it, let us know! Sounds like something I could use! Oh, and what is the app called?

Captain Dart

When you find out how to use it, let us know! Sounds like something I could use! Oh, and what is the app called?
If it's not called "I'll name that tune" then the designers missed a trick.

Gazolba

I just downloaded the app myself with my daughter's help.
The app is called SoundHound, it's the one with an orange circle with a black squiggle in the centre.
You just open the app, tap the orange circle and hold the phone up to the music.
The microphone needs to be turned on.
Then it displays the song title and artist and sometimes a photo of the artist and even the lyrics.
I just tested it with a few fairly obscure songs, and it recognised them all.
Soundhound.jpg

Last edited:

Gazolba

Avicii - "The Days":

Gazolba

Avicii - "The Nights":

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

bringbackrattles

Popped in charity shop after work. They do CDs 3 for a quid. Got : Brian Ferry: Street Life/ 20 Greatest Hits.
Meat Loaf/Bat Out Of Hell 2 and Journey To The Edge/ 18 Progressive Rock Tracks. All in great condition,what a bargain !

Houchens Head

Missus has got some Ghost Whisperer rubbish on the telly, so I've stuck my collection of Northern Soul tracks on through my cans. Fabulous! 4 discs with 25 tracks on each disc! Heaven!

Users who are viewing this thread