What are you currently listening to? (2 Viewers)

Gazolba

John Prine. Always good for a listen now and again:

bringbackrattles

A mate of mine like me likes going in charity shops on the search for CDs etc. He knows I'm a fan of Led Zeppelin, and for the amazing price of 50 pence got me a DVD. Its a live concert at Madison Square Garden in 1973. Titled : The Song Remains The Same - In Concert And Beyond. Going to watch it after the England game.
Got a feeling it'll be great !

Johnnythespider

A mate of mine like me likes going in charity shops on the search for CDs etc. He knows I'm a fan of Led Zeppelin, and for the amazing price of 50 pence got me a DVD. Its a live concert at Madison Square Garden in 1973. Titled : The Song Remains The Same - In Concert And Beyond. Going to watch it after the England game.
Nah I think Brazil will stuff us

Otis

My brother used to go to charity shops and second hand record fairs and just buy any band with a strange or daft name. That's how I got introduced to The Stinky Puffs.

wingy

Did a bit of a trawl on Youtube at the weekend 80'/90's and had forgotten about the Eurythmics, particularly the Revenge album.
I digress however Annie covered (Solo)
Very well No more I love yous, originly by a band called the Lover Speaks, a great eighties vibe to it.
They had some loose collection to Coventry /Earlsdon being former members of City punk band the Flys.
Another one cropping up were After the Fire, again connected to Kenilworth with One rule for you, both one hit wonders who never got higher in the charts than 50's /60's but two quality pop tunes of that era, phew, wish I knew how to be concise and not ramble.

clint van damme

Did a bit of a trawl on Youtube at the weekend 80'/90's and had forgotten about the Eurythmics, particularly the Revenge album.
I digress however Annie covered (Solo)
Very well No more I love yous, originly by a band called the Lover Speaks, a great eighties vibe to it.
They had some loose collection to Coventry /Earlsdon being former members of City punk band the Flys.
Another one cropping up were After the Fire, again connected to Kenilworth with One rule for you, both one hit wonders who never got higher in the charts than 50's /60's but two quality pop tunes of that era, phew, wish I knew how to be concise and not ramble.

I don't know the fella who wrote No more I love yous but he used to live locally. My mate knows him, said he made a fortune in royalties.

wingy

I don't know the fella who wrote No more I love yous but he used to live locally. My mate knows him, said he made a fortune in royalties.
Would have been Joshua Hughes or David Freeman the vocalist, who I think Is quoted stating how pleased his accountant was.
Think it was Dave Stewart who got them a recording deal.

clint van damme

Would have been Joshua Hughes or David Freeman the vocalist, who I think Is quoted stating how pleased his accountant was.
Think it was Dave Stewart who got them a recording deal.

Freeman rings a bell.
Same as the guy who wrote Ray of Light which Madonna covered. Apparently sat in the pub having a pint after doing a shift as a painter and decorator when he got the news she'd covered his song. Think that was his last painting and decorating shift!

bringbackrattles

Been hearing a few tracks on the radio by Embrace.So got an album by them titled : Out Of Nothing. Some cracking songs on it like Ashes, Gravity, and Glorious Day. They've been around a while but this is the first time listened to them properly.

clint van damme

Been hearing a few tracks on the radio by Embrace.So got an album by them titled : Out Of Nothing. Some cracking songs on it like Ashes, Gravity, and Glorious Day. They've been around a while but this is the first time listened to them properly.

when we left HR there were a few commemorative montage videos put up of our final game against Derby on Youtube.
One of the best had Ashes as it's sound track.

Gazolba

Love Me Nots:

Gazolba

More Love Me Nots:

Gazolba

The Like (great video too):

Gazolba

More of The Like (Live here):

Last edited:

Gazolba

Another bargain snapped up yesterday in a charity shop. 79 pence for Bullet In A Bible by GREENDAY.
It's a live CD with a DVD with it too. Don't know if a 63 year old bloke should like Greenday but sod it I reckon they're great.
I like Green Day (this is a censored version):

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread