What a transformation (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

March will be the 3rd anniversary of MR returning to our club and what a massive transformation he has made in the development of the playing side of the club.
Last night, the team adapted from playing out from the back, due to the high press, to longer passing and using midfield runners in the space between their back four and midfield. This is a team that is great to watch , clearly has a character and could be on the verge of something very special.
Whilst, I respect other supporters choice not to attend StA, I feel they are missing out on a very special season for CCFC. I've not seen something as exciting as this since the season we qualified for the Fairs Cup or the '87 season. I only wish more of us are there to witness it.
PUSB

PVA

UYkTqi.gif

CovInEssex

Obviously I'd be gutted if he goes but surely it's only a matter of time if this continues. Our football is miles ahead this division and I'd hazard a guess at a good chunk of the championship as well.

Robins deserves better. Full houses every week and a good few mil each window.

Is he ever going to get that here?

Evo1883

Obviously I'd be gutted if he goes but surely it's only a matter of time if this continues. Our football is miles ahead this division and I'd hazard a guess at a good chunk of the championship as well.

We just have to hope that as history tells us, sometimes the grass isn't always greener and its best to stay somewhere where you are loved and appreciated my many

Londonccfcfan

We cant count count our chickens just yet. For this season.

But yes whatever happens one thing for certain, on the pitch amazing transformation.

JimmyHillsbeard

He’s been great for us - but we’ve been pretty good for him too. His track record at every other club he’s managed wouldn’t get him an interview for any job above our level.

Manager (and Managerial team) and club seem to fit each other. Long may it continue.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

March will be the 3rd anniversary of MR returning to our club and what a massive transformation he has made in the development of the playing side of the club.
Last night, the team adapted from playing out from the back, due to the high press, to longer passing and using midfield runners in the space between their back four and midfield. This is a team that is great to watch , clearly has a character and could be on the verge of something very special.
Whilst, I respect other supporters choice not to attend StA, I feel they are missing out on a very special season for CCFC. I've not seen something as exciting as this since the season we qualified for the Fairs Cup or the '87 season. I only wish more of us are there to witness it.
PUSB

Let's get the Thank You Banner from the Birmingham game back out!

All jokes aside, I totally agree with your post. Like others have said, under Slade it became a question of how far we would fall. We were destined for relegation to League 2 and I really could see us dropping out of the football league.

Since Robins has returned, we've won at Wembley twice, got promoted at long last (from a League that could have consigned us to history), bounced back at the first opportunity and become genuine promotion contenders to the Championship within two seasons. He's brought in young players that have immediately added to the team and blossomed under him and Robins hasn't let anything/made an excuse of anything off the pitch, from hindering what he said he wanted to achieve when he rejoined us; getting us back where we should be.

Robins is the man. Would be a pleasure to buy him a few pints ... I'd even pay for his Allen's taxi home!

Sky Blue Harry H

If we go up and we have an open top bus parade can Robins go in front in a taxi?

Will we hold the parade outside the Council house? It really would be fun to watch the embarrassment/press coverage etc generated about celebrating a promotion by the city's football club that has been achieved (wrongly) outside the city of Coventry. Fantastic opportunity to advertise the 'bring us home' needed for us to have any chance of kicking on. Fans can also have a few 'Council' and 'Wasps' banners!

Paxman II

PUSB

Excellent post.

Happy_Martian

Will we hold the parade outside the Council house? It really would be fun to watch the embarrassment/press coverage etc generated about celebrating a promotion by the city's football club that has been achieved (wrongly) outside the city of Coventry. Fantastic opportunity to advertise the 'bring us home' needed for us to have any chance of kicking on. Fans can also have a few 'Council' and 'Wasps' banners!

Would love to see the scenes after the FA Cup win and the players showing the cup from the balcony opposite the Council House. Not going to happen as the Council sold that building to Cov Uni and it's now been demolished.

Do we have anywhere in the City Centre where the players could celebrate with the fans in a similar manner ? Guess they could always stand on the 1st Floor of the New Union Street multistorey carpark :D

rob9872

As good as this is, the best piece of recruitment the board can make in the summer is to reward MR with a significantly improved and a long term deal. I'd be astonished if teams higher up the pyramid weren't looking at not only our results, but our brand of football and our model of bringing lots of young players through. He must be on the radar of a number of high Champ/low Prem teams and I really hope we can keep hold of him. Same goes for Viveash too, particularly as MR would likely take him with him.

Covkid1968#

Nah we’ll be fine.... his name is not exotic enough. A couple of changes to it combined with a spray on tan and finishing words with an “a” on the end . Could see us at risk though.

somethinga Lika thisa

Marco De Robbins

And we’d soon be on the lookout for a new manager!!!

Flying Fokker

I really think that if we didn't get out of L2 at the first attempt we'd be hovering around the bottom half of that division now
I suppose we should be thanking SISU for giving us the experience! And tour of football grounds for home games is noteworthy. Oh Joy.

GaryJones

Doom Merchant!!

Irish Sky Blue

He’s been great for us - but we’ve been pretty good for him too. His track record at every other club he’s managed wouldn’t get him an interview for any job above our level.

Manager (and Managerial team) and club seem to fit each other. Long may it continue.
Didn’t he do well at both Rotherham and Barnsley?

TTG

Build a statue.
One in cov and one in brummy
Seriously I think we should do something to show our appreciation for a man who has transformed our club

harvey098

He’s the man. You actually want to listen to what he says. Generally calls it the way most of us see it. Headstrong and not afraid to be ruthless with players but has never seemed to lose the dressing room which usually happens when you bomb players. He has taken us on an upward trajectory in both spells. Hope he stays but as others have said above he probably deserves better.

(yeah yeah I know, “he’s not going to shag you mate” etc)

ccfc92

PUSB

Mental that's it's 7 and a half years since he was first appointed. Time flies.

Users who are viewing this thread