Westbrooke signs for next season (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Love a good TRASNFER.

Good to see we have started early, sounded promising from his trials and 2 years with a years option for us as well.

Training with the team already so a bit of a headstart on pre season.

covcity4life

good to get business done early ,lets just hope hes ok

no rush right now so i assume robins hasnt just gone for him because cant find anything better

Mucca Mad Boys

Sounds like a good signing. I'm on the cautious side because he's billed as a Bayliss like-for-like, I hope that doesn't mean he's leaving.

Liquid Gold

It's like that club is actually being run properly. Maybe Wriddrington was going to tempt him to Bristol Rovers so we had to get it done.

clint van damme

Interesting that we've signed him without knowing what division we are I next season.
Could we potentially have signed a league one calibre player who could be turning out for us in league 2?

mark82

Interesting that we've signed him without knowing what division we are I next season.
Could we potentially have signed a league one calibre player who could be turning out for us in league 2?

I would guess he's a development player who they hope will be close to the first team.

HerneBayGaz

Seen him play for the Orient against Gillingham in the cup this season. Stood out for them. Was one of there better players on the day. Very good acquisition.

lifeskyblue

I guess that means Baylis will be sold. Can’t see Westbrook, Baylis and andreu in the same midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve82

Not too hopeful of him being a instant hit but one to develop in and around the fringes of the match day 18.

Positive start to the summer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

I guess that means Baylis will be sold. Can’t see Westbrook, Baylis and andreu in the same midfield.

Not necessarily. Westbrook will probably be integrated into our U23's first. So, unless he bursts onto the scene like Bayliss has this season it's fairly unlikely he'll feature regularly in our first team.

Londonccfcfan

Not necessarily. Westbrook will probably be integrated into our U23's first. So, unless he bursts onto the scene like Bayliss has this season it's fairly unlikely he'll feature regularly in our first team.
How many games did we expect JP, Bayliss, Shipley and Hyam to play this year.

No doubting we will see more than we expect of him next year.

NorthernWisdom

Are you basing that on stats or having seen him play?
The fact he started in both squads, and then lost his place before returning to his main club (and yes, Solihull was partly because of sending off, but still, they decided not to renew his loan and instead get replacements in).

Let's face it, we've seen it before (Stuart Urquhart!) and no, I'm not knocking him down, he's just the archetypal 'wait and see' signing, rather than getting overly excited only for us to be disappointed if he then never plays.

Good luck to him. Obviously I'm hoping he's the next Frank Lampard.

SkyBlueCRJ

How many games did we expect JP, Bayliss, Shipley and Hyam to play this year.

No doubting we will see more than we expect of him next year.

Hence why I said 'unless he bursts onto the scene'. I believe he was signed without the expectation to feature week in week out next season - doesn't necessarily mean I expect him to rot in the U23's all season. I hope he does well but lets not run before we can walk ey.

Great_Expectations

Surely that’s perfect for a 4-2-3-1 with those three behind the forward. Three attacking centre midfielders with two shoehorned onto the wings - that’s Robins idea of perfection isn’t it?

In all seriousness I could see two of them playing together, dependent on formarton (e.g. christmas tree) with on as an impact sub, or equally one playing slightly deeper.

Either way, it’s a good signing and one made early too.

better days

Seen him play for the Orient against Gillingham in the cup this season. Stood out for them. Was one of there better players on the day. Very good acquisition.
I thought he was recommended by Adi Viveash. The lad was with Brentford so almost certainly would have been known to Viveash when he was running the Chelsea academy

Last edited:

Esoterica

It's a funny old game these days. It's amazing for me that we have a player, 22 in October, with 8 matches to his name and only 1 of those an appearance in the FL, willing to sign for a 4th division development squad. The already short footballers playing career is being further shortened by this U23 nonsense. I don't mean that as a slight on his ability, just on the modern set up. I wonder how much the reputation of our academy and the chances we offer to youth factored into his decision.

Users who are viewing this thread