Match Thread West Bromwich Albion - Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 1st Mar (5 Viewers)

mark82

Prepare to be disappointed lads because the wing back system is back and will be for the remainder of the season due to the Tats injury
We've no-one else to play there really. Don't think Tavares is the answer. Little choice I suppose, disappointing though.

shepardo01

Prepare to be disappointed lads because the wing back system is back and will be for the remainder of the season due to the Tats injury
This worries me. Oh well....
Although we know after a good hiding Robin's invariably tries to shut up shop and grind out a few results.
Just don't think we've got it in our locker to grind anything out at West Brom.

Brighton Sky Blue

I want it back. 433 don't work with tavares. I love Palmer but he's so much better as a number 10 compared to LW

Right decision to go back to wing backs.
Box midfield but the wing backs need to be a lot more aggressive than they were last time in this system. No good ending up under siege

Viktor17

If we play the box, who misses out - Wright or Simms?
Wright. Not been quite right since back from injury. Simms really starting to show progress for me.

Defo box for this game:
Collins ? question mark on availability
Thomas Lati Kitching
MVE (Needs big game, as been Sunday league standard since Leicester game) Bidwell
Kelly Torp
KP COH (He also needs to turn up, Poor body language last couple games, waving hands, moaning)
Simms

JSL

If going for a back 3, I would have Thomas, Kitching and Binks. Sorry but Lati is a utility player in my eyes and not 'brilliant' at any position. Useful on the bench if anything happens to one of the back 3 or midfield though

mmttww

People need to remember that a lot of the games with three CBs earlier this season had:

- Wilson in goal
- Fadz starting
- No Kitching
- No O'Hare
- No Victor Torp
- Simms on the bench

Now it'll be three settled CBs who look decent most games, Torp, O'Hare and a firing Simms.

Viktor17

People need to remember that a lot of the games with three CBs earlier this season had:

- Wilson in goal
- Fadz starting
- No Kitching
- No O'Hare
- No Victor Torp
- Simms on the bench

Now it'll be three settled CBs who look decent most games, Torp, O'Hare and a firing Simms.
Agree with this, more I thought about it - more it makes sense. We just can't go 4231 anymore - pointless until next season.

wingy

If going for a back 3, I would have Thomas, Kitching and Binks. Sorry but Lati is a utility player in my eyes and not 'brilliant' at any position. Useful on the bench if anything happens to one of the back 3 or midfield though
I'd agree except his early appearances?

Hertsccfc

His best position is central defence and I think he is better than Binks.

Paxman II

If Kelly plays it will be a back three where he helps protect them, with Eccles and Torp responsible for moving us forward. if kelly does not play then it's Palmer, Eccles, Torp.
I don't think W.Brom have been that good really. They are there to be attacked and we must play this one on the front foot with intent, a hih press and get in their faces. Do that, we win. We have players who can score.
Personal pick:
Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Bidders
Palmer Eccles Torp
O'Hare
Simms Wright

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yup, FA Cup 3rd round replay in 1995. Remember being stood in wedge of terrace in the corner (as they were redeveloping the Hawthorns) and going bonkers for both our late goals :D

Peter Ndlovu what a player he was.

Offhegoes

Happy with the return of the box. Makes sense, and we need to be starting O'Hare & Palmer in this game. Put them in behind Simms, and I reckon some damage can be caused. Binks / Lati / Kitching / Thomas can cover the 3 CB positions nicely.

Great_Expectations

Not too opposed to the shift in formation. We’re in a different place player wise now; both in terms of individuals and confidence levels.

Last year we were all excited to see Palmer/COH in the box formation, and while it won’t be Sheaf/Hamer behind them, we know how good Torp is and they will have a better striker ahead of them in Simms.

Lati will be good in that CB role too, he’s composed and good on the ball. MVE is better than BNC (when if he’s off form) and Kitching/Thomas are at the very least equal to Doyle/McNally.

Users who are viewing this thread