Match Thread West Brom v Coventry City Friendly (1 Viewer)

wingy

The walk up from the train station was always fun!!

Nick

Administrator
Oh, we scored from a throw in move too!

giphy.gif

Mcbean

Was it a match to remember Cyrille or a pre season friendly - sounds like Sky Blue minds were elsewhere

stevefloyd

Well it looks like McDonald was trying not to get injured before going on holiday...absolutely shite ......he don't want to stop goals at any cost thats for sure even Haynes showed more conviction than that even though he was shit

Magwitch

I remember winning 1-0 there in the FACup I think in 73 ? Chilton scored our goal. We had a big following that day, and we had a good drink in the Sword and Alhambra when we got back.
Think we won 2-0 and think Ian St John scored one City following was massive I know I was on the fifth special train. Albion fans came round in second half looking for aggro got a bit of a shock but it resulted I a big fight between our fans and police made headlines in all the newspapers these were nasty times at football.

better days

Well it looks like McDonald was trying not to get injured before going on holiday...absolutely shite ......he don't want to stop goals at any cost thats for sure even Haynes showed more conviction than that even though he was shit
Maybe he's looking for a move?
He's way down the pecking order when everyone is fit

CCFC54321

Somebody need to get to the butchers and buy him a heart because he hasn’t got one for sure!

SlowerThanPlatt

What was grimmer doing for the 5th?

I had my doubts about him last season. 6 days to go and I think both senior full back positions are under threat by their younger counterparts Sterling and Mason

The centre back pairing picks itself with Davies suspended and McDonald looking out of sorts

Hobo

We also need to stop playing out wide. He doesn’t appear to have any outstanding attributes for that role.

He needs a chance to play upfront.

The poster stated he cost us a goal by not closing down. He said Ponticelli needs to look at McNulty's work rate..McNulty did play up front. So it doesn't matter what position Ponticelli is in, he has to learn to react and close down whatever his position.

Garryb80

I had my doubts about him last season. 6 days to go and I think both senior full back positions are under threat by their younger counterparts Sterling and Mason

The centre back pairing picks itself with Davies suspended and McDonald looking out of sorts
As much as I would love Willis to play he has had 20 minutes football in pre season. I can't see him being ready to start on Saturday.

fernandopartridge

The poster stated he cost us a goal by not closing down. He said Ponticelli needs to look at McNulty's work rate..McNulty did play up front. So it doesn't matter what position Ponticelli is in, he has to learn to react and close down whatever his position.
Indeed. He didn't show the appetite that McNulty does. Defend from the front.

Users who are viewing this thread