Match Thread West Brom v Coventry City Friendly (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

2nd half should give us some confidence

TheDube

2 completely different halves. Third goal O’Brien should’ve been off his line to challenger the striker. Two centre half’s didn’t know their own space. Mason and Andreu looked class in the second half. Brown looked step off the pace in the first. Ogogo didn’t look scared to make a challenge

bringbackrattles

Just come in and found out it was on CWR caught the last five minutes. Last time I went to the Hawthorns was in 76, we got beat 7-1. Cyrille played for Albion that day.

faraway

brown another Haynes ok going forward defending clueless, big mistake letting stokes go. would have worked stokes with mason as back up. can see lots defence issues goal conceded.

PCH

Just come in and found out it was on CWR caught the last five minutes. Last time I went to the Hawthorns was in 76, we got beat 7-1. Cyrille played for Albion that day.
I was at that game. We were in our famous brown kit. Gary Thompson got our 1 and Willie Johnston made it 8 but disallowed for offside... he wasn’t and it should of stood.

BigadamL

For me the team that ended the game would be my first choice, excited to see a match fit TA this season

Magwitch

Didn’t go but guessing that Wedt Brom would have been at their strongest in the first half we certainly weren’t. Second half our team seemed stronger and it was 1-1 but I assume at 4-0 up Albion had a few fringe players in. Albion squad is very much an established Premiership outfit. Still work to be done though.

Magwitch

I should have said 1978, and Ferguson got our goal.
I was there too, it might have been Garry Gillespie’s debut or one of his first matches. Also seen us lose 6-1 twice, and 4-0 bloody hated the Hawthorns but not all sad news l went to our first ever away win in the top flight 1-0 and two 2-1 FA Cup wins.

bringbackrattles

I was there too, it might have been Garry Gillespie’s debut or one of his first matches. Also seen us lose 6-1 twice, and 4-0 bloody hated the Hawthorns but not all sad news l went to our first ever away win in the top flight 1-0 and two 2-1 FA Cup wins.
I remember winning 1-0 there in the FACup I think in 73 ? Chilton scored our goal. We had a big following that day, and we had a good drink in the Sword and Alhambra when we got back.

Users who are viewing this thread