We're back! (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

Leicester City, Aston Villa - If you can hear us from up in the Premiership... We're coming to get you!!

Last edited:

torchomatic

I think the good news will be tempered by getting the sack for spending too much time on the Internet.

RegTheDonk

So many threads, but this seems the main one so I think you'll all agree when I hammer the keyboard in excited caps about this.

DSGUH SRTGWRUGHWRGRWEHG YRYH TEUHER!

I wonder what the record number of posts on a thread is?

Seriously delighted at the news. Will look forward to seeing us AT HOME again.

Particularly delighted that my old man can now see them too.

TurkeyTrot

How on earth am I meant to focus at work now... I can't describe how this feels but it's amazing you are all here with me!!

Despite the in-fighting amongst fans, this is a real demonstration of people power. We fought til the game was won!!

WELL DONE SKY BLUE ARMY!!!!
It was the longest rendition of twist and shout that done it :)

fernandopartridge

Absolutely wonderful news. Anyone who stays away now is a mystery to me.

Whatever you think of SISU, they are currently bankrolling the club. My main gripe has been the way they went about securing non-footballing assets but using our football club to do so. That's failed. Let's draw a line.

Now, back the club, and play your part in getting us out of this damn division; and back to where we belong
Probably your best post ever.

#CarlBakerDay #ClivePlattWeek #JohnGayleMonth

torchomatic

I look forward to the banishment of "home" from SBT.

Kingokings204

What happened I bad news Thursday everyone?

Best Thursday ever and no fucking around back for first home game against gillingham ASAP please.

I am crying also well a tear or two. It's a feeling I don't get very often. Come on lads let's do this shit this year.

Every one on board the sky blues express.

SkyBlue_Am

Brilliant news to wake up to, going to be emotional at MK on saturday surely will bump the sales up. Let the beers flow not too many got a season ticket to be purchased asap...

lewys33

Interesting that Waggott has done all this ........... are the facebook/twitter fisher rumours true??

The Reverend Skyblue

Still not on sky's hourly cycle, we are still on Ballatelli coming back poll and the fact fucking Fulham lost last night.
how out of touch are Sky

I'm off to service my lawn mower

Marty

Season Ticket, Home & Away shirt for me please. :claping hands:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I think all Sky Blue fans would. I would also like to hear that ACL are going to give more of the cake to the football club.

Agreed. I've always said that the club's contribution to ACL should be reducing over time, with incomes coming back the other way - in direct proportion to ACL's non-footballing incomes increasing. With an end-game of zero rent (or as close thereto as possible), and all-matchday incomes to the club. Nobody - bar the insane - wants to see the club struggle whilst ACL post ever-swollen profits; in the same way as only the insane would expect the football club to profit from Oasis playing at the Ricoh on a summer's evening - if the club has played no part, nor invested in such an event taking place.

Still, that's an aside for now. Today I'm happy. Common sense - for once in CCFC's recent history - has prevailed. Let's hope it continues to do so in the coming months...

Last edited:

zigojacko

This is awesome news at long last! Getting our club back at home is well overdue! Elated! :guitar2:

This should prove a huge boost for morale amongst players and staff - really hope to see this reflect on our performances on the field.

torchomatic

Two plus two then.

The club has agreed a two-year deal with an option for an extra two years and we should return for the Gillingham match...
Coventry City Football Club has agreed a deal to return to the Ricoh Arena.

The two-year deal, with an option for an extra two years, should see the Sky Blues play at the Ricoh Arena for the first time in the league against Gillingham.

Steve Waggott, development director at Coventry City FC, said: “We are delighted to get this deal done and I am sure every supporter of Coventry City will be thrilled with this news.

“We are under no illusion what a difficult 12 months it has been for the supporters and that was uppermost in our thinking as we worked to get this deal done.

“There has had to be compromise on both sides and the commercial details of the deal will remain confidential.

“Now it is all about looking forward to a really exciting season back in the community and with a real chance of success. I am sure every supporter will want to give Steven Pressley, his staff and players their full backing for the season at the Ricoh.

“Logistically, it’s going to mean a huge amount of work between now and the first game back and we would ask supporters to bear with us as all of our efforts up to now have been in getting this deal over the line to get us back to Coventry as soon as possible.

“We will announce details around tickets, Season Tickets and other information as soon as we can next week but we hope to be back at the Ricoh for the clash with Gillingham. We will keep supporters fully informed of progress to that aim.

“Can I also take this opportunity of thanking Chris Robinson, Chair of ACL, for the professional manner he has conducted our lengthy discussions to reach this agreement.”

Chris Robinson confirmed: “Everyone at ACL looks forward to delivering a top quality service to the club and the fans.”

Coventry City have kept Northampton fully informed and would like to thank the club for its hospitality over the last 12 months.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...ement-210814-1849840.aspx#IU08fTIdY6OllbkJ.99

rupert_bear

And don't worry about this 2 year deal, we are back home and home we will be staying and that is the Ricoh. No way will the Football League allow us to move outside the city again and unless sisu have found a plot of land inside Cov somewhere we don't know about any new Stadium plan is shattered.

SkyBlueSid

WHat a crock of shit Sky are ,we are about fifth item on their hourly headlines behind even the poll on would you like to see Marion Ballatelli back in the Prem.

fecking disgraceful

I sympathise with your point. But we are now just a small club in the 3rd tier with tiny crowds. I'm afraid that most football supporters have no great knowledge of our saga and even less interest. The domestic game is completely dominated by what happens in the moneyfest that is the Premier League, and the rest get the scraps. Sad, I know, but true.

Users who are viewing this thread